Room for Rent and other rental scams
#318056 by Michelle Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:50 pm

Subject: Re: Question about the home at 6826 Island Park Ct # 0, Corpus Christi, TX 78414

Hello
Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house. Yes the house is still available for rent to own and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house now that we are in California is because I got transferred from my church to California where I work as a volunteer with Evangelical Council of Financial Accountability (ECFA), and my wife is also a missionary's dealing with Bible Translation and literacy worldwide.And we are here in California based on our son`s condition, our son has been fighting cancer for two years now, this is the major thing we considered and decided to go on with the transfer. We will be away for 4 to 5 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my house for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it. I spent less time in the States so I could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when I knew how long we were going to stay in California that was why I decided to put the house for rent to own.... However, the initial plan was to put the house for sale which I tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the price and it takes longer to sell. I am telling you this in case if you find the house on another website, The property is on a rent to own basis. 50% of the monthly rent goes as credit to the purchase of the property, after a year lease tenant can pay the remaining purchase price to own the property. The rent includes all utilities and close to all amenities. The place is available for immediate move in. INCLUDED IN THE RENT: Light, Cable, Kitchen completely equipped, Kettle - Toaster - Dishwasher - Freezer - Microwave - Oven - Dryer - Heat - Water - Washing Machine and Electric.

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM
1. Full name:
2. Profession:
3. Present Address of the applicants:
4. Reasons for Leaving:
5. How long do you intend staying:
6. Do you smoke or drink? (We just want to know don't get it twisted) no hard feelings
7. Intended length of lease:
8. Cell & Home:
9. Email address:
10. Single Or Married? (children):
11. Pet: If any ( ):
12. How much do you have at hand today to secure the property:
13. How often do you do your current house cleaning:
14. Date of Tenancy:
15: Can we trust you and our house safe keeping in your hand?
This is an easy way for me to screen applicants based on previous rental history and employment information. If you have a felony or bad tenant history, I'm flexible and I'll work with you.

Rent: $900
Refundable security Deposit: $900

The rental fee is inclusive with utilities.
Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible. As i am not around to show the inside, But i left my keys in the lockbox which i will be sending you the lock box code to check the interior of my property. Please respond ASAP. I hope to read from you with more information. Thanks for the time and energy writing me, My regards to your family.

Sincerely;Mr. & Mrs Michael
Call or Text @ (334) 625-9120

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement