Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#32141 by phil Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:27 am
Hey there experts,
Here is an email which my daughter received - re an Au Pair job in UK.
Please investigate it for me?:

"Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 11:31:54 -0700
Subject: CONTRACT LETTER/TRAVEL INSTRUCTION
To: removed
Dear Au pair,

I hope your week started out on a beautiful note. After discussing
your employment with my wife, we have decided that you match our
requirements so please find the Contract Letter that is approved by
the UK Home Office.

I received approval from the UK Home Office to employ you, I have
attached the approved contract letter issued me for your review.

The UK Home Office would provide you with a Certificate of Eligibility
which is very important to prove that we are sponsoring your travel
down to the UK and to prove that you are eligible to take up a job
position, live and work in UK before they send you Date for Interview
and reference number for you to visit the nearest UK Embassy in your
country. The Certificate of Eligibility would be issued to you with
your Appointment Reference Number and Interview Date to visit the
nearest UK Embassy in your country for Entry approval.

You are to sign the contract after going through it and send a scanned
copy via email indicating your intended travel date (For Flight
Booking which we shall pay for) , to the UK Home Office in charge of
applications for Certificate of Eligibility for their records and
advice to us:

UK Home Office, Border Agency,
PO Box 3468, Sheffield,
S3 8WA,
United Kingdom
Email: [email protected]

On receipt of the Form COE-UKIMG2010 by me, I shall courier it to you
with hard contract copies, prepaid flight tickets and any accompanying
permit documents to enable you receive approval from the nearest UK
Embassy following instructions from the UK Home Office as they shall
let you know date to visit UK Embassy nearest to you, hence follow the
procedure as I have instructed you to ensure everything is proper and
that you do not make any mistakes.

If you have any inquiries you can reach me on + 44 7024052801 or
leave me with a direct number to reach you while you start doing the
needful. Keep me posted in regards to reply from the UK Home Office.

Also attached to this mail is my family picture, i will send you more
later.

We wait to receive you when you arrive. God bless you as you come.

Best Regards
Mr leonard cole Family.:\"

AND ......................... here is the text of the attached 'contract':

"Hoteldecasto Group

Road Shorwell, Isle of Wight PO30LP
Direct Line: + 44 7024052801

Dear:
Name removed

LETTER OF OFFER

We would like to offer you the position of Au pair to our family. The terms and conditions of the job are as follows:

Hours
You will be required to work for approximately 35 hours per week. Every weekend, will be spent with the family or anywhere you wish as you would have the weekends off.

Accomodation:
You would have a Private Live-Out or Live-In Accommodation depending on your preference with Private Bathroom, Sitting Room and Bedroom. Your room would also be furnished with a Television Set, an Internet Ready Computer System and a Fixed Landline telephone. We ask that all rooms be kept tidy and that friends staying over should only do so with our permission. If we go out as a family, you will generally be invited to come with us (at our expense) should you so choose.

Duties and responsibilities
Your main duty is the due care of John. You will be required to get him ready for the day, get him to kindergarten school, collect him after school and see to his needs in the afternoon. You will also be required to assist with homework, bath and change as required, arrange visits with friends, see to after school activities, play games together as well as anything else that may be necessary for their amusement and wellbeing.
Salary
You will be paid an amount of £500 (Five Hundred Great British Pounds per week and this money shall be given to you every Friday. Additional hours will be paid at a rate that we may agree between ourselves from time to time.

Start Date and Period of Employment:
You are expected to start 12th of June, 2010 and to stay for a minimum period of 6 Months or One Year. If due to circumstances beyond your control or for any other reason, you wish to leave at an earlier date than our agreement, you will be required to give one month’s notice. If we require you to leave, subject to the conditions specified under discipline we will give you a minimum of one month’s notice.
Medical Insurance has also been put in place so you can receive free medical attention.
Discipline
Reasons which could give rise to disciplinary measures are as follows: Causing a disruptive influence in the household.
Job incompetence

In the event of a need for disciplinary action, the procedure will be: First - a verbal warning.
Second - a written warning.
Third - dismissal without need for further notice.

Reasons with would give rise to summary dismissal would be:

Theft or other dishonest offences.
Drunkenness.
Illegal drug taking. Child abuse or neglect.

Vacation
You will have 3 weeks paid vacation after 4 months of work. Vacation must be negotiated however, well in advance.

School
You will be enrolled at a Public School to attend a course in any language of your choice for foreigners for the duration of your stay. We look forward to having you with us and are sure that our association will be a long and happy one. Please sign a copy of this letter as acceptance of its terms and conditions.

A Certificate of Eligibility is important to prove that we are sponsoring your travel down to the UK and to prove that you are eligible to take up a job position in UK before they send you Interview Date and reference number to visit the nearest UK Embassy in your country. The Certificate of Eligibility would be issued to you with your Appointment Reference Number and Interview Date to visit the nearest UK Embassy in your country for Entry approval.

You are to sign the contract after going through it and send a scanned copy via e mail indicating your intended travel date and Airport (For Flight Booking which we shall pay for), to the UK Home Office in charge of applications for Certificate of Eligibility for their records and advice to us:

UK Home Office, Border Agency, PO Box 3468, Sheffield,
S3 8WA,
United Kingdom
Email: [email protected]

We look forward to receive you at the airport when you arrive the Country.
Cheers. Mr leonard cole (For the Family)

Complete the details below to signify acceptance:

Full Name:……………………………………………………………………….. Home Office Seal

Date: ……………………………………………………………………………… Signature: ………………………………………………………………………….

#32142 by Michael Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:39 am
Hello there Phil, welcome to Scamwarners.

I am 100% sure this is a scam, even without reading all of the mails. The biggest red flag in this letter is the +4470 telephone number. This number is a redirect number and transfers calls to anywhere in the world while it looks like you are calling the UK. They are very common among scammers.

I also have googled a random sentence from the mails and what a surprise, the exact mails pop up on other sites listed as scam. Example (click)

Please stop all contact with these people and ignore all future mails from them. They'll realise soon enough they won't make any money and move on. Good job on spotting the scam! If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask :)

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#32168 by GomerPyle Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:54 am
I received approval from the UK Home Office to employ you

Complete lie.

Only someone requiring a visa can apply, in person, and they must do so at the UK Embassy (or their appointed visa application centre) in their home country.

The scammer wants to tell you to pay him money, that will go straight into his pocket.

If you're a EU citizen you don't need a visa.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#32185 by okidoki Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:22 pm
Hi There!
Thank God, I've found this page!!!

Really Guys!

First of all I got:

We are a young, working, professional couple seeking an energetic Au Pair/nanny.We are anxiously looking for the perfect Au .....about family

Our older daughter attends a primary school while the younger girl is enrolled in a pre-school. They both attend the same school. The school resumes by 10.00am and closes by 3pm Mondays to Fridays. But during this summer, they will be on break and as a result will be at home for most hours of the day. We need you to help look after them while they will be on holidays. Also if both parties are satisfied with working with each other, the contract could be extended.Your duties involves getting them up and dressed for summer school which will be starting sometime in August, dropping them off in the morning, and also picking them up after summer classes. Your working hours is 6 hours daily weekdays while you are Saturdays and Sundays as your free days. Your monthly salary is 2000 pounds and your weekly pocket money is 250 pounds. Your duties involves taking care of them while at home and also dinner preparation, homework and getting them ready for bed at the end the day! We eat healthy, lead active, fun lives and need someone who has a positive outlook on life. We need help with organizing and keeping the children's clothes, room and equipment in order. Must have a passion for children and earnestly want them to be your first priority. Homework and school projects are important and must be able to assist in this area also.Their summer school is within walking distance and on the same street as our house. Light housekeeping, laundry and grocery shopping during the day is also required.Other facilities within walking distance include a couple of playgrounds and a recreation center with indoor/outdoor swimming pools, tennis and basketball courts, and a gymnasium. There is a college nearby that offers all kind of classes, ranging from Language courses to Sports, and everything in between. There are other school and facilities located nearby also.

We are an easy going, kind, and loving family and would love the opportunity to speak with you further concerning the position. Attached are a few of our family photos for your viewing pleasure. Thanks!

Home Address
112 Gloucester Road
South Kensington,
London SW7 4TH
England

I've found similar address in of the post here!!!

This is what I got last week, please tell me if it is or not scam!?

Then they asked me to contact Agency:
UK Migration and Consultancy Services is a law firm and they will be overseeing the contract between you and me for the duration it will last together with the one week training program. You should contact them at [email protected] for more information about the contract and the program. They are expecting your mail.

From agency I got this:

Dear Izabela
Mr Alexandra has asked us to contact you. He informed us that you have been considered to be their Au pair/Nanny and you will be coming over to the UK to live with them. You will have to sign a contract with the family before this offer becomes valid. UK Migration Consultancy is offering you the opportunity to be an Au pair in United Kingdom! Spend time with your host family and experience first hand an unforgettable cultural exchange. We're making it happen for you in UK. Be part of a global exchange, share the cultural difference and live in UK like a local! Adorable children need an Au pair, so why shouldn’t it be you? Opportunities are available in UK. We have been in charge of the travel needs of their past Au pairs from their home country to the UK. Why have we been their preferred agency? We are always at the airport to welcome and pick up their Au pairs and deliver them safely to their host family. We also take care of their travel needs during their stay in the UK so as to ensure their safety while here. We are also going to process medical and travel insurance that will cover you while your contract last. Your host family will be responsible for the cost of the Medical and Travel Insurance. Attached to this mail is an Contract Document.This document will serve as an agreement between You and your Host family. This Contract will help to establish a reasonable outline of responsibilities between You and your Host Family to adhere to throughout the program . After the signing of the contract, your Au pair Work Permit shall be processed with the office of the UK Border Agency and once it has been approved, it will be posted to you in your country so that you can use it as your legal working documentt in the UK. Please, also kindly fill the Work permit document attached to this mail. You are only to fill the Candidate Section of the document. After filling, you should get back to us with the scanned copy and also the scanned copy of your International passport or ID card if you do not have a passport. You should also send us a scanned copy of your recently taken passport size photograph. Once we are in possession of these documents, we shall submit your Au pair Working Registration Papers for processing and approval to the UK Border Agency.

Thanks

Yours faithfully,
Management

Now I've found that they want money 500GBP of deposit??

Tomorrow maybe I will go to the lawyer??

What doYou think about this??
mayby I'am wrong but is it the same as poster here??
#32188 by The Enchantress Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:59 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners okidoki.

Please cease all contact - it is a definite scam.

The scammer is lying, there is no job - all the details are fake/false.

Also @consultant.com is a free email address - that no legitimate agency/law firm would use.

Please see this au-pair guide here;

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3019

If you have any questions or concerns please post - we will help you all we can.
Last edited by The Enchantress on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#32190 by Chris Fuller Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:04 pm
Hello okidoki, and welcome to ScamWarners.

As The Enchantress says, yes, this is a scam. The initial email was not written by a British person, and does not accurately describe life or au pair positions in the UK.

The consultant.com email address given in the second email you have posted is a free webmail address - many scammers use email addresses ending with consultant.com, as they believe this will trick people into believing they are genuine. Real law firms do not use email addresses like that.

Please do not send money to these scammers. It is not a genuine law firm, and there is no genuine au pair job being arranged for you.

If you are able to provide headers for these emails, we may be able to tell you which country these mails were really sent from. It is most unlikely that they were sent from the UK.
#32206 by okidoki Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:00 pm
Thank You very very much! I heard so many stories about people who belived in this...

You saved me! :oh-joy:

But what can I do with this? Can I help to stop this people?
#32210 by Ralph Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:02 pm
Hi Okidoki, welcome to Scamwarners.

As the others have said, yes it's a scam.

Firsts up, dont reply them any more, it's not safe efor you and if you say the wrong thing it may actually help them to be better scammers, simply ignore anything else they send you and they will go away.

You have already taken steps to help slow him down by posting here, you could help more eby posting any other details or emails he has sent you. Scammers use fake names and fake details and are pretty much untracable however because they normally use the same fake details over and over it is good to post their information so the next person they use those details on have the chance to find it if they do a search.

As CHris said, the header can be good as well, if you dont know how to find a header just let us know which email provider you use (hotmail/yahoo/gmail/outlook/ ect) and we can give you specific instructions.

Please note, it is important that you dont post any emails that you have sent and especially dont post any of your own information.

It can also be a big help if you tell your family and friends about your experience, the more people who are aware of these scams the less potential victims there will be.

If you have any questions please ask
#33096 by kitepower07 Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:59 am
My girlfriend almost got trapped in the same Scam...
Thank god I got a little suspicious and ended up finding this site, Thanks a lot guys by warning other people for this F*kkers.

My Girl was contacted by " George J. Wilson" from Londen for a Aupair offer.
I already got suspicious by the large amount of money offered, but once runned throught the checklist provided in this topic, I was 100% sure we're dealing with a Scammer.

We were told to get the needed documents by Home Office, through the following contact person:

Home Office, UK Boarder Agency,
PO Box 3468, Sheffield ,
S3 8WA,
Contact Person, Jenifer Sheen.
United Kingdom
E mail: [email protected]

My girl already send them a copy of her passport, you guys think this is a big problem/danger?
Can these people do anything bad with this information?

Thnx!
#33097 by GomerPyle Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:13 am
They can't do you or your girlfriend any harm with the copy documents you have sent them, but they may use them to support future scams. They love to send ID's to show how real and honest they are. :evil:

It's disgraceful that these scum target people who are not well off and are often desperate to find work. Apart from stealing their money, it also wastes their time and makes it so much more difficult for them to find genuine work opportunities.

Be cautious and do check out any offers that seem to be too good to be true - and we're always happy to check out anything you aren't sure of.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#59406 by blondie_girl Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:49 pm
Please, I need help!

I was also victim of this scam and I am very worried. Please help me! I sent my documents and the contract completed and signed by me. What can they do to harm me? Should I go to the British consulate and ask help?
The scam is so well done that sent pictures of the family.
What they seek this type of scam?

Thanks!
#59408 by Justin Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:17 pm
Hello blondie_girl,
It's not ideal for the scammer to have your information but it's also not something to worry too much about either. These scammers are only after easy money and not to harm you. If you followed along with their scam you have not done anything to anger them. Scammers loose victims all the time for various reasons.

Just ignore then and they will go away. If you feel like you want to close the matter just send an email saying you found employment elsewhere then ignore any further emails from them.

Luckily you found this before loosing mobey!

Justin

#162693 by Noemi Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:03 am
Hi,

three days ago I created an account on aupair.com and then I've received this emal from [email protected]:

Dear Aupair

We are Fun Loving Couple with a 3 year old daughter living here in
the UK and we are currently in search for an aupair for fun and
cultural exchange

We saw your page on www.newaupair.com and really like the information
you posted about yourself and decided to contact you

if you are interested you get back to us to discuss the position

Cheers

Frank Peters

I didn't know anything about scammers so I've reply and this is the second email:

Dear Noemi

How are you today, Hope you are having a great day?
Glad hearing from you and we really appreciate your response.

My name is Architect Frank Peters and am married
to Elizabeth Peters who is a Volunteer with the Red Cross Society and
we have a lovely daughter Charlotte who is 3 years old.our residence
is 12 Eccleston Square Mews SW1V 1 London United Kingdom

We enjoy Sports Most expecially Football I am a Manchester Utd fan
While my Wife is a Queens Park Ranger Fan. We are always busy with
work and i am very hard working person,My wife always travels with the
Red Cross Society Medical team to Under Developed Countries In Africa
meanwhile Charlotte likes visiting the park, playing with her car
toys,
also a car will be made available for you if you are willing to drive
or learn how to drive, we promise you as your host that you will be
comfortable

There is a nice English Class around our area, also there other Au
pairs living around our area
you will have the time to attend to an English Lesson and the cost
will be taken care by my family
if you are willing.

We have a large house house so your accommodation will be a live in
apartment, 1 bed room flat with internet access, TV set, Telephone and
some other good things that will make you feel at home because as an
Architect i know what is good for people both young and old.

Charlotte goes to school from 8am to 1pm which means she stays 5 hours
in school so all you need to do is to take her to school when it is
8am then come back and take care of your own needs and when it is 1pm
you will be required to go and pick her up(but you wouldnt be bothered
with this chores During summer as they would also be on holiday) also
with regards to your English course it last for just 2 hours(from 3pm
till 5pm) Saturdays and Sundays will be your free day and your salary
will be 200GBP per week i don't know if this will be
OK for you but that is what we can offer for now and we don't know how
it goes because this is our first experience therefore your pocket
money will be given to you every Friday for your upkeep, my Wife is a
nice and Caring woman so sometimes she might decide to add a little
thing to you depending how caring you are to Charlotte because she
cherish her so much.You would be required to start as soon as we both
decide on your start date

We would also like you to send us your Resume or CV and also any of
your recent pics so we can show it to Charlotte and see what she
thinks about you I hope our
communication and relationship would be a fruitful one.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Greetings from my Family.

Frank Peters
For The Family

I replyed also a this email and this is the answer:

Dear Noemi

We feel good to receive your response and we hope our mail meets you
in good health,

We have gone through your details and we must commend your honesty and
believe you are qualified for this Job,

This Process is not too familiar with us so we decided to involve the
help of Our Attorney who has advised us that we need to prepare a
contract/invitation Letter which would include the terms and
conditions of your stay with us.The contract is in no way a bondage to
you ,its just a way to make sure that both of us meet up with is
expected from us

I would forward your details to our lawyer but before then we would
like to ask you few questions and your answer would be most
appreciated

1)What was your Childhood life like?

2)Have you ever had an experience as an au pair ,if Yes What were your
Challenges and how did you overcome them

3)If a child does something wrong what would be your best method of correction

4)Have you ever Worked in UK as an au pair

5)What is your name in full and your current country of residence

6)When would you like to resume duties with us and how long do you plan to stay

We hope to receive answers from you soon believing we would make a
good family together, attached to this mail are some of our family
pics

Kind regards
Frank Peters

I've answered at all their questions because I didn't suspect they could be scammers and this is their last email:

Dearest Noemi

Hope you are good and this mail meets you in good health?

We have decided to employ you and make you part of our family because
we believe you would make a happy family with us

Attached to this mail is a soft copy of the contract letter as
prepared by my Lawyer and we would like you to read it carefully and
sign as instructed
You are to submit the scanned copy of the signed contract letter to my
Lawyer Barr Matilda Barry through her email [email protected]

My lawyer is a UK Home office Representative and she would give you further
dircectives and how to get all you need to work here as a Domestic
worker

You send the scanned signed copy of the contract letter to her and
inform her when you would be free to resume duties she would help
you with the procurement of the needed Documents and also for the
effective booking of your flight

Kind regards and Hoping to be family with you soon

Frank & Elizabeth

They have never asked me money but do you think they could be scammers???

Please answer me!
#162715 by Dotti Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:52 pm
Unfortunately, there is no "maybe" about it.

They are absolutely for certain scammers.
The "lawyer" is not a lawyer at all--"she" is just the scammer using another name and email address. Consultant.com email addresses are free email addresses from mail.com. They have nothing to do with being lawyers.

This is also not how the process of hiring a foreign au pair works.works.

The English tells me that the person writing to you is African, not British.

The next step in the scam would be that the "lawyer" would instruct you that you have to pay certain fees for the documents you need of for your travel.

Just cut off all contact with the scammer immediately. Don't tell hem he is listed on an anti-scam site--simply walk away.

Please post any email addresses the scammer is using, as well as any phone numbers he gave you.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.