If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#45422 by Nomad1 Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:00 pm
Dear All

I have been scammed twice on Zoosk now and here is the second one: They always seem to be soldiers and then they say they have to delete their account and they ask you to email them on hotmail. Please see further below for details of the first one.

Private conversation
Between You and handyman

* He said,

Its being a pleasure writing you this short note,I am Desmond,45 years old,Widowed, I work with US Army, I enjoys laughter and smiles on a woman because that's the best make up she can ever put one that make her beautiful from the heart,I am in search of my missing Rib,I really want to find a woman, who want to love and be loved, who believes that true happiness of woman is in love with somebody special,i believe in but meeting the real woman on Earth is a reality of life I feel like I've met somebody I can stand still with for a minute which is you due to your profile which i found so adorable,interesting,sweet and wonderful.I always dreamed of finding someone really special who would come into my life and love me, someone who would understand me, encourage my efforts, and share my dreams, I will like you to E m a i l me cos after reading your profile i understand that the both of us share the same sense of humor, and wont stay much on this site since i have found you here, I have ordered my E m a i l to be deactivated cos i have faith you will m a i l me as soon as you get this, please feel free to (E m a i l) me to my (y a h 0 0) ID.mine is (dcotrelle) (@) (ya hoo) (.) (c om) and i will be glad to hear from you Angel .. Kisses Desmond

28 minutes ago

The first Scammer was:

Private conversation
Between You and aaron412

* He said,

Hello, How are you doing this beautiful Wednesday?.. Am
Aaron by name, But my friends call me Edwards, am new to this online
thing, was introduced by a friend few weeks ago.. I like your
smile,Stature, and location.. And i will be glad if we could be great
friend to start with. If you dont mind you can just write 'HELLO' to
me on my private e m a i l add r e s s:: a a r o n 4 u s @ ya h o o.c
o m (please dont add me on ms n nor messenger, i mean direct em a i l)
this is because i dont come on chat, i will reply you when i get your
response there and tell you everything about me without hiding
anything from you.. Nice meeting you and i will be expecting your mes
sage on my e m a i l address (aaron4us) (at) (y a h00)(.)(c o m)
Please dont reply me here as i have ordered my profile to be deleted i
will tell you the reason in our later conversation. Regards Aaron

3 hours ago

The interesting thing is he then sends me this ridiculous email and the header is Aaron Ramos!! A well known scammer to you guys! Aaaaaaaaaargh!How do vermins like this exist?

I thank you so much for the fab work you guys do, as this is what alerted me and made me post here.
Kind Regards, Nomad
Advertisement

#45438 by Dora Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:26 am
Hi Nomad and welcome to ScamWarners. I am glad you recognized the scams and have taken the time to post them up here.

Looking for love online is certainly a tricky business nowadays and you have to be cautious and careful. One must almost always question anyone claiming to be a military person online and think 'scammer?' before anything else -- and that is sad.

Stay vigilant and I wish you good luck in your search!