Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#43688 by GomerPyle Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:06 pm
The minute you see a 44 (0)70 number you can chuck the application in the trash and get on with business, it's such a dead giveaway that you have a scammer wasting your time.

UK limited companies have company numbers and charities have charity numbers and can all be checked up online, and we know how to delve deeper into the correct details of such entities so, as far as anyone impersonating UK organisations goes, they're unlikely to get by our scrutiny, and we'll check them up for free.

It's possible to do that with most Western companies, and we take pleasure in bursting their nasty schemes to pieces. I'm only too aware that one scammer can take down a small company and the scammer doesn't give a hoot.

Need help - just ask.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
Advertisement

#44220 by Mike1 Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:47 am
Robert Fletcher, bless him, has a new email address....Robert Fletcher [[email protected]]
Same scam - trying to book a yacht charter.
Amused myself by asking for payment is Swiss Francs plus dates of birth of passengers, passports & visas under new European anti-terrorism laws.... no bank details given or payment made, but it should have kept him out of 'mischief' for a while

Mike
#44338 by captaincarlo Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:08 pm
This is my version:

Robert Fletcher [[email protected]]
Hello,
Do you have boat available for booking from April 19 - 25 2011.The number of guest to expect is 6 people.
Get back to me if you have opening for reservation during my stated date.
Warm Regards,
Robert Fletcher
16 Blythswood Square
Glasgow
G2 4HJ
Scotland
+44(0)-703-592-5708

I always do a search for strange requests like these - they request a charter but do not specify a location. His email did not show on Scamwarners as he seem change that often but his phone number did!

Thanks for this site!
#45507 by whiteswan Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:53 pm
I received the same email, suspected that it might be a scam. I am in Michigan and the email is from someone claiming to be in Scotland wanting to charter a boat. Date requested Apr. 19-25. In Michigan, we're lucky if we can launch boats in early April let alone get started with charters. I sent an email back stating that we don't start until mid-May. He changed the date. I decided to see how long he would keep trying so I set a ridiculously high amount for the rental fee. He never provided me with specifics; just wanted to know the total cost. So I decided to google his name and this site has confirmed what I suspected all along. I won't waste any more of my time. Thanks to all for posting your experiences.
#47537 by Sailorgirl Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:14 pm
Hi

Received the same boat charter scam - found the wording suspect, and after receiving another email from him decided to google it.
He has used two email addresses:
Robert Fletcher
[email protected]
[email protected]

Hello,

Do you have boat available for booking from April 19 - 25 2011.The number of guest to expect is 6 people.

Get back to me if you have opening for reservation during my stated date.

Warm Regards,

Robert Fletcher
16 Blythswood Square
Glasgow
G2 4HJ
Scotland
+44(0)-703-592-5708

Good luck
Sailor girl
#47586 by Bubbles Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:02 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Sailorgirl and thank you for posting this up. Yes, the phone number is a give away that this is a scam. Even though there was an attempt to disguise what it is, you are very astute.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#49734 by captaincarlo Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:50 am
Received the following:

HELLO,

I AM SIR PHILIPH RENTALS FROM THE UK. A GROUP OF RESEARCHER WILL BE COMING FOR A TEN DAY RESEARCH WORK ON A TOPIC "TOURISM AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT" AND WE WILL BE NEEDING THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR FACILITY.

(1) NO OF GUEST : 4 PEOPLE
(2) NO OF ROOMS : 4 SINGLE OR 2 DOUBLE ROOMS.
(3) NO OF DAYS : 10 DAYS
(4) BREAKFAST EACH FOR 4 PEOPLE DAILY
(5) ARRIVAL DATE: 30TH APRIL 2011
(6) DEPARTURE DATE: 10TH MAY 2011

EMAIL ME THE GRAND TOTAL COST OF 4 SINGLE OR 2 DOUBLE ROOMS FOR 4 PEOPLES IN I0 NIGHTS, AS WELL AS REQUIRED TAXES IF ANY.ENDEAVOR TO CONVERT THE TOTAL COST IN EURO CURRENCY.

I WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.

NB: YOU CAN SUGGEST AN ALTERNATIVE DATE IF YOU ARE FULLY BOOKED WITHIN THIS PERIOD FOR THEIR CONSIDERATION.

KIND REGARDS,
SIR. PHILIPH RENTALS
8B CAUSEY WARE ROAD
N9 8BP, EDMONTON, LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM.
#49801 by Bubbles Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:51 am
Hello captaincarlo, did this message come through a private message service or by email. If through regular email, would you please post this scammer's email address and the Headers.

Thank you for being part of ScamWarners. :D

#50756 by evgendva Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:19 am
Hi! This forum is intended to combat the scammers. I think that the people gathered here, fighting fraud on the Internet. This is sort of 911 or 112 - quick and timely information about scams. The forum posyaschaemost great, but for some reason I or anyone does not want help. My topic here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17558

This is not advertising! Can write a personal message if you have any thoughts.
#50801 by Bubbles Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:24 am
evgendva, you received a very solid answer from John Delaney. I hope you have read it. We do not recommend sites to purchase items, that is not what we are here to do. Please read the information in this announcement: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10754

As this notice indicates, we do not try to cover all types of scams: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15

Thank you for your participation.

#51517 by captaincarlo Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:45 pm
Message info:

Hello,
My name is Alex washman a Uk Citizen but i am currently in Hong kong on a course training program. I am writing this email on behalf of my Hong Kong Friends because they can't speak or write good English. They will be coming into your country for their first Pre-Season vacation visit.
They are just two couples
Mr & Mrs Po Chui Yang (41 and 36yrs)
Mr & Mrs Fuhua Shirong(44 and 38yrs)
They want you to prepare a ten (10) days tour program and accommodation for them. They are from Hong Kong and are willing to accept and pay for your offer.
Arrival Date : 20tH June,2011.
Departure Date: 30th June,2011.
Number of days: 10 Days
Number Of Guests : 4
Confirm availability and get back to me with your rates and Total cost of your services. So that i can give you my credit card details for a deposit payment. I am waiting for your reply.
Kindest Regards
Alex washman
alex washman [[email protected]]

All fake!
#51756 by captaincarlo Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:15 am
FAKE YACHT CHARTER REQUEST

received by <deleted>

Received: from nm22.bullet.mail.sp2.yahoo.com ([98.139.91.92])
Received: from [98.139.91.65] by nm22.bullet.mail.sp2.yahoo.com with NNFMP;
Received: from [98.139.91.27] by tm5.bullet.mail.sp2.yahoo.com with NNFMP;
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1027.mail.sp2.yahoo.com with NNFMP;

James Micheal [[email protected]]

Hello,

I want to make inquiry/availability for Boat or Yacht booking for four Guests who shall be visiting your city for a 10day Vacation.

RESERVATION DETAILS:

Check-in : 20th June 2011
Check-out: 29rd June 2011
Number of DAYS: 10.

I hope you accept credit card for deposit payment.

Get back to me with availability/total cost for the 10day tour.

Cheers!

Dr James Micheal
Phone:+44 701 113 0419
Email: [email protected]

Received by <deleted>
Last edited by Michael on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removal personal data
#51928 by captaincarlo Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:55 am
FAKE YACHT CHARTER REQUEST:

james goldman [[email protected]]
Received: from col0-omc1-s7.col0.hotmail.com ([65.55.34.17])
Received: from COL122-W50 ([65.55.34.9])
Return-Path: [email protected]
For: [deleted]

Hello,
My name is James Goldman a Uk Citizen but i am currently in Hong Kong on a course training program. I am writing this email on behalf of my Hong Kong Friends because they can't speak or write good English. They will be coming into your country for their first Pre-Season vacation visit.
They are just two couples
Mr & Mrs Po Chui Yang (41 and 36yrs)
Mr & Mrs Fuhua Shirong(44 and 38yrs)
They want you to prepare a seven (7) days tour program and accommodation for them. They are from Hong Kong and are willing to accept and pay for your offer.
Arrival Date : 20th June,2011.
Departure Date: 27th June,2011.
Number of days: 7 Days
Number Of Guests : 4
Confirm availability and get back to me with your rates and Total cost of your services. So that i can give you my credit card details for a deposit payment. I am waiting for your reply.
Kindest Regards
James Goldman
Last edited by Michael on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removal personal data
#54012 by captaincarlo Mon May 23, 2011 7:52 am
Headers:
Received: from italia.turboservers.com.au ([122.201.80.116])
Received: from jodi by italia.turboservers.com.au with local (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
id 1QJZpi-0008Mo-4m
Subject: Charter Booking

Good day, I am Dr Peter Banks,a Public Health Officer of Exxon Energy based in the United Kingdom, I am presently on a vacation with my family and will be needing a private boat charter service on 12th June to 17th 2011 during our visit for a family re-union in your city.We will be only 3 passengers on board, I and my wife including my son, we will depart from your base do let me know the whole miscellaneous expenses for five days private charter.We would prefer a motor boat or any nice vessel and also require the services of a skipper.All payments would be made via credit card,kindly let me know the major credit card you accept and i hope your operating certificate and safety records are intact.I await your response and hope on having a nice time with you. Regards, Dr Peter Banks

All fake!