Information on romance scams and scammers.
#59350 by Violet One Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:31 am
BEWARE OF THIS MAN - Romance Scammer and i Got done. Claims to be a Chemical Engineer, widow, with young child who travels the world for work, he wins your heart then hits you up for money. He sent me the worst forgery's i have ever seen of a passport in an attempt to prove who he was.

His Facebook id is Sugar Lucas Turfles and he uses the email address [email protected]
http://www.facebook.com/RomanceScams/posts/207009492685178#!/profile.php?id=100001987987233
if it saves ones person i am happy

IP's

Contacted me on facebook
Spent two months making it easy to fall in love, said was chemical engineer, widow with 3 year old called Alvira, travelled the world doing contracts. Had been in UK, Brazil and Iran during our chats on facebook and via phone and email. Claimed his credit card got seized in Iran for making a online purchase, and that he had been acused of being a terrorist. said he would have to fly back to NZ where his supposed bank account was to get car reissued and accounts unfrozen.
Incredibly sweet, makes you feel loved, put an aweful lot of time into it. Kept saying me wanted me to be his wife and that he wanted to look after me.
Even after i confronted him he kept it up for days, until he made a big mistake. Kept saying he would hurt himself and that they will kill him if he tries to leave the country etc
Advertisement

#59353 by Violet One Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:39 am
BEWARE OF THIS MAN - Romance Scammer and i Got done. Claims to be a Chemical Engineer, widow, with young child who travels the world for work, he wins your heart then hits you up for money. He sent me the worst forgery's i have ever seen of a passport in an attempt to prove who he was.

His Facebook id is Sugar Lucas Turfles and he uses the email address [email protected]
http://www.facebook.com/RomanceScams/posts/207009492685178#!/profile.php?id=100001987987233
if it saves ones person i am happy

IP's

Contacted me on facebook
Spent two months making it easy to fall in love, said was chemical engineer, widow with 3 year old called Alvira, travelled the world doing contracts. Had been in UK, Brazil and Iran during our chats on facebook and via phone and email. Claimed his credit card got seized in Iran for making a online purchase, and that he had been acused of being a terrorist. said he would have to fly back to NZ where his supposed bank account was to get car reissued and accounts unfrozen.
Incredibly sweet, makes you feel loved, put an aweful lot of time into it. Kept saying me wanted me to be his wife and that he wanted to look after me.
Even after i confronted him he kept it up for days, until he made a big mistake. Kept saying he would hurt himself and that they will kill him if he tries to leave the country etc
#59354 by goldikova Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:49 am
even when you tell them you know they are scammers and confront them my one was the same he said he would kill himself etc to tried to make me feel guilty dont allow him to do that to you honey delete him of facebook messenger your email and phone and if he somehow manages to contact you ignore him he is a black probably nigerian scammer and you are worth 20 of him i know it hurts to think you feel in love with someone who isnt who they say they are i did to but never again will i be taken in like tht by anybody i am so careful now and you will be to
#59420 by Bubbles Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:04 am
I am glad you realized this was a scammer. I hope you have dropped contact with him. It doesn't do any good to confront these creeps, it only educates them as to how to be more convincing.

Welcome to ScamWarners Violet One. We are pleased you found us. :D

Note, I merged your topic which was placed in two different forums with the exact same information. We prefer only one thread per scammer so things don't get confusing. Thank you! :D
Last edited by Bubbles on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Clarity

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#59479 by Violet One Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:58 pm
Thanks, someone sent me a link to your site a week ago which is how i twigged on, so thought it was right to post here.
Yes i have ended all contact with him and have gone to the police
Thanks for you encouragement.
I have a lot of email headers etc which i will post shortly
#59570 by Dotti Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:17 am
I'm sorry that you were scammed, though I am glad you realized before you lost even more--as you have no doubt read by now, if they have the chance, these scammers will literally take every cent you have, and then try to get you to take out loans so you can send more.

Please do post some of the emails he sent you--it is very possible that he will use the same scripts even after he changes names again, and having those scripts posted can help other targets to avoid being scammed.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#140093 by gretapersson Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:24 am
He´s still going on, now on FaceBook, but now he calls himself James Olivia, working at Shell Oil and a american citizen, from LA. Seemed a bit vague about his interests (a bore ;-)), and wouldn´t send any new photos. Claimed to be a widower with a three year old child. A standardized love letter with facts that wasn´t correct made me even more suspicious, and I started check up a bit more. Kept up the conversation 3 - 4 weeks´, then I found this site and comment and I blocked him at once. He wasted a lot of time, but I had a great time and brushed up my english :)!