Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#63010 by Katharina Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:08 am
Sent: Tuesday, 24 May 2011 10:41 a.m.
Subject: BOOKING

Greetings,

My names are Wing Smith, from Smith Travel Tours, please i will like to make inquire for accommodations and Hall in your facility for a vacation organized by some group of medical experts that will commence on July 2nd 2011 and end on the 10th July 2011

I will like you to provide accommodation for the period of our stay, 9 nights. About five (5) rooms and Hall will be needed. Please send me your rates for both single and double rooms so that reservation will be made on time.

I hope you accept Credit Card as means of Payments? .

Kind Regards,

Wing Smith.

SMITH TRAVEL & TOURS
Philip Brown
General Manager
Smith Travel Tours
Fulham Road, London SW6 1HS
Phone: +447045767626

Note: A typical overpayment scam with phished credit card details. – The phone number (beginning with +4470........) re-directs your all to anywhere in the world, always popular with scammers.
Advertisement

#84563 by dkas2929 Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:12 pm
Katharina,
I'm not sure what the point is, if Mr. Smith ( couldn't he come up with something a little more original ) used a phoney credit card when he showed up for his reservation have him arrested. :)

removed spam link.
#84675 by Megan Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:00 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners, dkas2929

The scammer calling himself Mr Smith and his non-existent group of medical experts wouldn't have showed up for the reservation; here's a link to more information about these type of scams and how scammers are able to steal money through fake order/reservation scams:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=23020