If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#74312 by lovesickened Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:49 am
I have a story quite like this one, although, i didnt trust my gut feeling and i pawned my car title to get him the money that he had requested which was $1,200. I feel so stupid and everything although i didnt tell alot of people about him. I wanted to make sure he was real. He hit me up through Speeddate.com, he came on and started talking to me and then sent me his email address and asked me to join him on yahoo messenger. His email address is [email protected]. We started talking and had talked for days he made me feel like i was in a fairytale. It was roughly the 3rd day when he said he wanted to take a leave and meet me. He said that i needed to email his commander and request the leave for him, i needed to say i was his fiance. So i did just that his commanders email is [email protected] but he instructed me to copy him on all emails. So then the commander sent a form to me to fill out for his leave which was a vocational leave form. I filled it out and sent it back..that was the last time i heard from the commander. Sgt. alex lawson then told me that the cost would be $1,200 for this leave and i needed to send the money via western union to the commanders secretary.
Shirley Barnett
Norwood, MO 65717

So i did just that it was shortly after me sending the money that he hit me up and told me i needed to go back down and change the address to London , UK because she had to leave on short notice to their for a mandatory meeting. I knew i should have just kept the money because my gut was still getting to me. Bad thing is i am in college for criminal justice/criminal investigations and im in class for digital crime and digital terrorism. So that is why i feel really stupid. anyway my family told me to go ahead and send it...so the next morning round 8 a.m. he hit me up and said that the marshal wont approve the leave because of the new permit that needs to filed for and that would be $1,300 more dollars to do this. So i called my sisters and they called western union to see if they could stop the first money sent because i really didnt have any way to get this much more money. Bad thing was it was picked up a 7:33 a.m. bout 30 mins before he hit me up. So i did some more digging to see if he was legit or lying...but everything was still checking out only thing was my friends that are in military said you dont pay for leave. So then i got that sick feeling again, so i email the commander and didnt copy him and to my surprise i didnt hear back from the commander; so this morning i decided to look up on the internet the vocational leave document and that is when i found this scam website. needless to say i am crying because of how stupid i was to believe him and that he was in the military. He is awaiting me to answer him today about having the additional money that he is requesting and i am so glad to have stumbled upon this and others stories before i ended up being a complete moron by sending him that money. I do have photo's of him. Im not sure how to add them on here from this point.
Advertisement

#74313 by lovesickened Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:53 am
Here is a story that is like others that i have read:

Sgt. Alex Lawson

I have a story quite like this one, although, i didnt trust my gut feeling and i pawned my car title to get him the money that he had requested which was $1,200. I feel so stupid and everything although i didnt tell alot of people about him. I wanted to make sure he was real. He hit me up through Speeddate.com, he came on and started talking to me and then sent me his email address and asked me to join him on yahoo messenger. His email address is [email protected]. We started talking and had talked for days he made me feel like i was in a fairytale. It was roughly the 3rd day when he said he wanted to take a leave and meet me. He said that i needed to email his commander and request the leave for him, i needed to say i was his fiance. So i did just that his commanders email is [email protected] but he instructed me to copy him on all emails. So then the commander sent a form to me to fill out for his leave which was a vocational leave form. I filled it out and sent it back..that was the last time i heard from the commander. Sgt. alex lawson then told me that the cost would be $1,200 for this leave and i needed to send the money via western union to the commanders secretary.
Shirley Barnett
Norwood, MO 65717

So i did just that it was shortly after me sending the money that he hit me up and told me i needed to go back down and change the address to London , UK because she had to leave on short notice to their for a mandatory meeting. I knew i should have just kept the money because my gut was still getting to me. Bad thing is i am in college for criminal justice/criminal investigations and im in class for digital crime and digital terrorism. So that is why i feel really stupid. anyway my family told me to go ahead and send it...so the next morning round 8 a.m. he hit me up and said that the marshal wont approve the leave because of the new permit that needs to filed for and that would be $1,300 more dollars to do this. So i called my sisters and they called western union to see if they could stop the first money sent because i really didnt have any way to get this much more money. Bad thing was it was picked up a 7:33 a.m. bout 30 mins before he hit me up. So i did some more digging to see if he was legit or lying...but everything was still checking out only thing was my friends that are in military said you dont pay for leave. So then i got that sick feeling again, so i email the commander and didnt copy him and to my surprise i didnt hear back from the commander; so this morning i decided to look up on the internet the vocational leave document and that is when i found this scam website. needless to say i am crying because of how stupid i was to believe him and that he was in the military. He is awaiting me to answer him today about having the additional money that he is requesting and i am so glad to have stumbled upon this and others stories before i ended up being a complete moron by sending him that money. I do have photo's of him. Im not sure how to add them on here from this point.
#74316 by lovesickened Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:56 am
Please help,

I have pictures of this so called Sgt. Alex Lawson and I have no idea how to post them on here so that others can view what he looks like and doesnt get taken for a fool such as I.
#74319 by Dotti Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:04 pm
I'm sorry you were scammed, but glad you realized now before losing more. As you can see from looking around, you are not alone. This is a particularly vile scam, but it is successful all too often.

Unfortunately, the money you lost is gone. Once cash is picked up from Western Union, it is virtually impossible to get it back. The scammer may promise to return your money, or you may hear from some "official" who says they can get your money back. Sadly, this is just another scam, aimed at taking more of your money.

The best thing you can do is cut off all contact with the scammer immediately. Do not tell him that you have posted him, and don't tell him what he did wrong. We don't want to force him to change things, or it will make it harder for the next target to find the truth about him easily. He will continue to try to contact you until he reaches the conclusion that he is not going to get more from you--with some scammers, this comes quickly, but others will continue to try for days or weeks.

If you can, post the early letters he sent you (simply copy and paste into a post). Scammers use scripts, which means they will reuse the same letters again and again, and some potential victims learn the truth through those scripts. Just remove your own name (though often on reviewing them, you'll find the scammer rarely uses your name or anything truly personal about you). To post photos, you can check out the link in my signature. I also recommend reading the information for victims link too.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#74361 by Bubbles Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:15 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners lovesickened, I am sorry you found us after sending the first money to him. Scammers are real convincing.

Regarding his second request, just ignore him. Don't tell him you know he is a scammer. Don't tell him about this site, it will just help him become a better scammer.

Instructions for posting photos are in my signature. I hope you recover quickly from this encounter with the scammer, again, I am sorry.

NOTE: I have combined two different threads so the replies can all be in one place. :D

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#74373 by jolly_roger Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:38 am
Also, if you could perhaps post an email header too? Sorry this has happened to you but posting the details has put the warning out there for others in future. Don't be too harh with yourself because military type scams are very prevelant I'm afraid. It seems this whole so called internet dating is simply fraught with danger.
#74416 by lovesickened Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:25 am
Here is one of the first emails he sent to me:

Hi angel,

Since day one we've shared something incredible, something that most people only
dream of. I had been searching for you all of my life. You have made me the
happiest I have ever been. You are sincere, caring, loving woman, and I wouldn't
trade you for the world. I am so thankful and blessed that you loved me as much
as I loved you, and that you made me your man.

I have cherished every moment since the day we met. I love you more and more
everyday. Thinking about our future fills me with anticipation and excitement.
We make the perfect husband and wife team, and I cannot wait to bring our family
into our world,We are going to have an amazing life together raising a family.
All of our dreams are coming true, baby!

Our life together is already amazing, and together it will only get better and
better. I will forever be grateful that you came into my life and made all my
dreams come true. Together we're perfect, and I will enjoy enjoying spending the
rest of my life with you. I love you more than words can say.

Love always,
Alex

HERE IS ANOTHER ONE THAT HE SENT:

Hi love,

Honey if only I could have come up with the right words to describe the depth of
this beautiful feeling that I have for you, I would have write it on the sky.
The best thing that I can do is to show you now.
I love you so much, Sweetie. You are the best thing that ever happened to me.
You are like the best poetry ever composed, the best song ever played, the best
picture ever painted. I never thought that someone like me could get so lucky!
I love you more than my life, more than my world. I love you more and more each
day and that is the most wonderful feeling any man can ever hope to experience.

Forever Yours,
Alex
#74417 by lovesickened Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:30 am
THIS IS THE ONE THAT HIS SO CALLED COMMANDER SENT TO ME: SGT. ALEX LAWSON TOLD ME WHEN I EMAILED HIS COMMANDER THAT I ALSO NEEDED TO COPY HIM ON EVERYTHING SENT. I TESTED THE THEORY ONLY AFTER LOOSING THE MONEY TO FIND THAT THE COMMANDER NEVER RESPONDED TO MY EMAILS THAT I DIDNT COPY ALEX ON.

Good day,

This is Commander John in charge of the 10th Field Artillery Regiment
Association Society of the 3rd Infantry Division, U.S. Army in
afghanistan.Service members and Defense Department civilians on 12-month orders
in afghanistan supporting Operation here for Freedom to have a rest and
recuperation leave program that allows them take up to 15 days, excluding travel

time, to visit family or friends in the United States.

Besides,Local commander in afghanistan have a specific number of allocations
for the program at any given time, and invoke operational requirements in
deciding who goes and when.R&R periods are limited to one per 12-month period.
In Accordance with DoD Directive 1327.5, R&R leave is considered regular,
chargeable leave. Leave starts on the first minute of the day after arrival at
the actual leave destination.

The R&R Program will not pay for the traveler to fly from the APOD to the
commercial airport nearest to the approved leave address and back. Any movement
by ground transportation will also be paid for by the traveler.Currently
designated APODS are Frankfurt (Rhein Main Air Base), , and DFW in Dallas, Ft.
Worth.

Moreover,I have looked into the records of the troopers in my unit and realise
that Sgt. Alex is entitled to a R&R leave been on your requesting order and
considering operational requirements.You can get back to me if you are ready to
take charge of the cost of flight and everything this will cost as my troops has

no access to their funds here.We will send you a form to fill afterward and let
you know the amount to pay.Thanks for your anticipated cooperation

Yours faithfully,
Comd.John
3rd Infantry Division, U.S. Army.
The Rocks Support.

HERE IS THE OTHER ONE THAT THE SO CALLED COMMANDER SENT:

You will need to get the form filled and email it back to
me..You will have to print it out and fill it before sending it to me.

NB :This form is very confidential make sure you dont let it out to the third
party.

Comdr Swiss
#74425 by lovesickened Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:02 am
HERE ARE THE PHOTOS THAT MY SCAMMER IS USING SAYING HE IS SGT. ALEX LAWSON
Last edited by Dotti on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#74427 by lovesickened Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:18 am
TO all the ladies out there I hope that these posts help you all in any way, i sure wish i would have done some research before doing what i did for it cannot be replaced or redone. I have learned that my heart is to big and to trusting. This one is on him and if I was to have sent more it would have been on me. I have signed to the status of invisible on my yahoo messenger just to see if he was going to speak to me yesterday...and he did he hit me up 4 times and waited on line over an hour to see if i was going to come on line and respond. I didnt not respond to him for I am really hurt by what has been done. He fed off of my lonliness and big heart. I know he will get what he deserves but its the principle of the matter. I hope the woman that is collecting the money is caught as well. Unfortunately im in college for criminal investigations and i seen a few red flags but listed to others and even overrode my gut feeling to do this and it got me good.

thanks,
lovesickened
#77611 by wjane44 Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:42 am
i too was contacted by stg alex lawson on speeddate.com and here is the link to his account on speed date: http://www.speeddate.com/index.php?page ... 343&mode=p and he had the picture posted of the guy on here but just removed it when i found out who he was. He even called me from a restricted line and said he was in afghanistan training the afghan army until October of next year. Even said he had a 9 year old daughter named Jane and we would make a great family and has a 5 bedroom house in Lake City Florida he wants me to move into. when he called he was laughing and sounded really young and had a mexican accent when he told me he had a UK accent because he lived there when young and his mom was american and dad was from UK and both died.
#77696 by Bubbles Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:58 am
Welcome to ScamWarners wjane44. If you exchanged email with this scammer, please post the email address he used. Yes, I called him a scammer because that is the exact fabricated story scammers are using. They want to play on your sympathies that they are "alone" and just looking for a good woman to be their love.

What they really want is all of the money from you they can get. I hope you have stopped all communication with him. Nothing good comes from staying in contact with a scammer.

#81423 by GiGiD Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:02 pm
I think this guy may be using the real Alex Lawson's pic because I contacted a Alex Lawson on Facebook (same pic as sent to me) and he denied knowing me and said he had a girlfriend.

Anyway, should I contact the Alex on Facebook and let him know about this??
#81460 by Bubbles Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:53 pm
Contacting the real person really has no effect. Their photos have already been lifted and used to deceive others already. There is no way to retract the photos. It is advisable for anyone who has photos online to prevent them from being available to everyone.

You would probably NOT be the first person to contact them with this news. It will in most cases frustrate the victim.

You also do NOT know whether you are contacting the "real" real person, or some profile a scammer has set up using the name and photos.

Chasing down scammers is a frequent fantasy of people who have been fooled by the scammer. It should remain just a fantasy as you have NO way of knowing who the real person is. Scammers lie, then they lie, and they lie some more.

#81463 by GiGiD Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:21 pm
Thanks for the information. I was highly suspicious after chatting for two days and he was in love! I think I may have frustrated him as I was not really into him and thought he was a bit crazy. So I can some satisfaction in that! So sad that there are people in this world like him!