Information on romance scams and scammers.
#64886 by KennyB-Good2me Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:09 am
A friend of mine was contacted online by a person claiming to be a solider from the US Army deployed to support the region near or in Libya. Soon after he began telling her that his kids here in the states were in need of medical care and support. I did some digging after hearing that she was trying to request leave for him and had forms to fill out and there was a $3000 Fee to do so. Here is the emails and such.

To: Wendy <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 8:54 AM
Subject: Re: thanks for the message

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for the message am glad you write and i most tell you my heart rejoice reading from you. i will love to now more about you, your age , what you do for a living, how many kids you've got and when you will be on your messenger so we can chat. once again thanks for the message, hope to hear from you very soon. warm regards, Brandon.

----- Original Message -----
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Cc:
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 4:47 AM
Subject:

Hey just got your message on mylife. I don't have a membership on there. I have a Facebook also this email.
Wendy
--------------------------------------------------

To: Wendy <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2011 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: talk

Hi honey, am glad and happy you asked this question. honey i most tell you from the deepest of my soul , you are all i ever wanted and am serious about us am for real honey i don't want to come to you and walk out like a thief in the night , honey i really want to come and stay for real .... i mean for the rest of my life.i want to be the first and the last person you see for the rest of your life honey i wanna grow old with you.and i swear to God that created my soul am not a user am for real and i want to love you till eternity.

|This are the info you will need about me when you write;

Name : Brandon Steven Bennett
MOS : E-8
Date of Birth : May 3rd 1968.
actually i have money in my account but we are not allowed to have access to it from here and you know one really need to trust someone before you can let any body gain access to my account. but very soon my benefits will soon be paid and i can talk to them so it will be paid to your account. about the nanny's info, this is it;
Name : Sabi Huerta
City : Edinburg

State : Texas

Zip code : 78541
i will be looking forward to hear from you very soon and as soon as your sent to the nanny let me know so i can have it send the info to her. honey ... i want you to know I don't fear insects or spiders. At great heights, I jump off, smiling. In the face of death I wink. But, when I look into your eyes, I'm in fear of how much I love you, i love you so very much honey. hope to hear from you very soon, lot of kisses, Brandon.

To: Brandon Bennett <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2011 11:59 PM
Subject: talk

Hey there, we I have talked to one of my friend that has been in the army and knows a bit about it.... I want to know if you are for real and really mean what you say to me. Here lately you have been asking for money and according to my friend the army provides anything you need or want. He said if there was something you wanted yall you would have to do is give you info to them and they would take out of check.. I was really getting my hopes up about you, thinking everything you said was for real... Do you not have money in your account ??? Why doesnt someone here have access to your account to help with the needs of the children. If u need me to get you home i need all your info such as rank, ID number, date of birth, full name, and SS number.
Anyhow how is your daughter doing, did she have her surgery???
Please tell me you are for real and not a user....
Wendy
-------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2011 11:28 PM
Subject: Leave Form

FROM DESK OF LT.COL ROBERT GONZALEZ
LEAVE PERMIT PROCESSING DEPT.
NEW YORK,UNITED STATE.

THIS OFFICE WILL LIKE TO NOTIFY YOU THAT WE RECEIVED Brandon bennett
LEAVE REQUEST AND IT TROOP 109 BSA NATIONAL JAMBOREE HAS BEEN APPROVED
WE ARE HAPPY TO TREAT YOUR MESSAGE BUT DUE TO A MILITARY PROTOCOL,

A FORM WILL BE FILLED CORRECTLY AND YOU CAN FIND THE ATTACH FORM IN
THIS MESSAGE.. ONCE THIS FORM HAS BEEN FILLED A PROCESSING FEE HAS TO
BE PAID ALONG WITH THE FORM FILLED AND SEND TO US.WHILE THE PROCESSING WILL START IMMEDIATELY.
A FEE OF $3,000 USD WILL BE SEND TO THE FINANCIAL SECRETARY..YOU WILL GO

TO ANY VIA WESTERN UNION OUTLET AND SEND THE MONEY ...YOU WILL SEND

US THE SENDER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME AND MTCN .
BELOW ADDRESS

Name : Jacqueline Corral,

City : DR Riato,

State : California,

Zip code : 92376.

ONCE WE CONFIRM THE RECEIPT OF THE PAYMENT A MESSAGE WILL REACH THE
SAID OFFICER AND FLIGHT SCHEDULE WILL BE SEND TO THE COMMANDANT
IN-CHARGE TO ANY DESTINATION, THE SAID OFFICER MAY RESIDE AND THE SAID
OFFICER WILL BE AWARENESS OF LEAVING THE CAMP IMMEDIATELY.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION TO ASK, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT

THE BELOW ADDRESS.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WORK ON YOUR RESPONSE.

LT.COL ROBERT GONZALEZ
Attached Form
is a JPG Image
(DOD LOGO)
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
93rd Ave, Abraham dave street, Washington D.C., WA. USA

POLICY AND INSTRUCTION FOR LEAVE REQUEST
1. Returning officer requesting for leave request should have a reasonable motive of applying for leave request.
(so on and so on)
LT.COL ROBERT GONZALEZ
Processing Officer
Advertisement

#64894 by jolly_roger Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:50 pm
Well done KennyB-Good2me for posting the con artist so others will be very wary of it.
You were wise to be suspicious because it is a scam attempt. If you scroll to the top of this page and type military scam into the search function, the results shown are amazing. I would strongly urge you to look because they all have a similar theme, to the story you posted. And regretably, military scams seem to be on the increase.
Maybe you could show your friend the forum too. That way, it will become clear your friend is in communication with a grubby scam artist.
I noticed the email header was not posted, what do the email headers tell you? Is the ip number starting with 41? If so, the email is originating out of africa.
Last edited by jolly_roger on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
#64895 by KennyB-Good2me Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:11 pm
Yes I just pulled the email header info and looked at a Who is Database. Here it is:
General IP Information

IP: 41.203.64.252
Decimal: 701186300
Hostname: 41.203.64.252
ISP: Globacom Ltd
Organization: Globacom Ltd
Services: Suspected network sharing device
Type: Unknown
Assignment: Static IP
Blacklist:
Geolocation Information

State/Region: Lagos
City: Lagos
Latitude: 6.4531
Longitude: 3.3958
#66402 by txpamela Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:07 am
This same person is trying to pull this same scam on me right now. Thank you for having this posted, so I can stop spending my time and energy on this creep. I will discontinue any contact with him and move on with my life. What a loser! :mad2: :mad2:
#66409 by Bubbles Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:56 am
Welcome to ScamWarners txpamela. You are doing the best and correct thing to stop contacting this scammer.

Be careful on the internet. Don't give out personal information to strangers and feel free to ask questions here.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#66411 by began steele Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:06 am
Please see my post here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22932.
This defines precisely the current situation about soldiers claiming to be in Libya. There are none and never will be under the current regime and situation.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#81571 by scamalert-mir Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:37 pm
http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=6736838580 Brandon Bennett

he is on tagged again

iam talking with him right now and will try get all his details out of him

same story as above only now he is in kabul aghanistan
i ask him if it is hot there and he said yess very hot (on the weather says its around 3 celsius there (not really hot)

if i know more i will send it here

people remember i know what iam doing and playing around with scammers.
DONT TRY THIS AT HOME PLEASEEEEE
#81590 by ratt84 Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:14 pm
he uses many different names and is already known with these pics since spring 2011

see also http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=35953

he seems to like the surname Bennett :D
here some more profiles

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5453050003
Bennett S

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002147433294
Bennett Cole
works at United States Army
studied at Idaho
lives in Boise, Idaho
from Boise, Idaho
#134420 by Spook Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:25 pm
matchdoctor
chrisbennett
43-year-old Male
Seeking Women: 30 - 60
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Last Activity: Online Now!
about myself:
As a person I like to think of myself as confident but not overly. I'm a very humble man. I understand that there's a time to give and be loving and understanding. I also believe in standing up for what I believe and not being walked on. I'm always there for my friends and loved ones. I don't run from adversity. I care what people think of me because I believe in being the best man I can be. I want people who come across me to think "hey what a cool guy".
about my children: my daughter Emily is a very lovely girl but she stays with her mom in cashire,UK after the divorce between me and her mom
about my work: My rank in the US Army is Sergeant

Hi, how are you today? I'm Chris Bennett, 43yrs old from Illinois, USA. I read your profile on this site while i was doing a search for whom i call "Right Woman" to share feeling with. It seems to me that you have a lot in common with people who don't write very good dating service profiles. I am also in that club. LOL. I really have interest to know you. Check out my profile and kindly e-mail me back about yourself or rather add me to your friend list on messenger so we can arrange for a chat and learn more about each other, share pics as well. I know where we can have coffee and some good conversation, can't wait to hear from you. Here is my personal email : [email protected]
#134447 by newact Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:20 pm
There are no soldiers deployed in Libya. If you receive information otherwise consider it a scam.
#182720 by tlci1777 Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:56 am
I do believe this guy is now going by Sgt. Brandon Bennett. Using the same pictures as posted with the other names. His email is [email protected] I was in contact with him and began to get suspicious when he webcam me he didn't look exactly like the pictures. He has never asked for anything from me. Lucky me I guess. I hope that he can be stopped since he has used several different aliases.
#182791 by Smith Jones Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:45 pm
Tkil777, did you spend much time with this scammer? I hope not and please make sure you are no longer in contact with him. I"m seeing some recycling their characters so we are glad you caught on early. If you have some emotional fallout, please don't hesitate to let me know if I can help. I"m a former victim and can talk with you about your experience if you like.