Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#90003 by 5doorfury Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:04 pm
Brand new to the site, but happy to help!

Just wanted to provide another email address for Brett Wallinb. [email protected]. I knew it was a scam right away and all he said was:

Still available for sale???????????????????????
-Brett

I had literally JUST posted the item on CL an hour before and got that message. I didn't even respond to him. I just searched him and found this site.

Thanks for providing this service!!!
Advertisement

#90426 by Hatesfish Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:47 pm
He is still at, but a motorcycle this time. It was asking to Western Union money to a shipping agent before Paypal would release the money. I have contacted Paypal directly.
#98954 by heduda Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:48 am
Hi everyone!
Glad I found this side!
I was selling my boat and he contacted me too under:

[email protected]>
and under:
[email protected]

His message like always:
I'm interested and consider it sold, I'm buying it for my father and
payment would be through PayPal, my agent will come for pick up,
actually I'm working in a ship and most time I am off shore. Expecting
your prompt reply, with the name and email address on the your PayPal
account so that I can make the payment and please provide me with
recent pictures including this item so I can see the condition before
we proceed since I would not be seen it in person so I can make a
payment right away, and pick up would at your residence. And lastly,
I'm offering additional $100 to your final price for you to keep it
off from other offer. If you don't have paypal account yet, it is
very easy to set up, go to http://www.paypal.com and get it set up..
looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Pierre
#101362 by smisr.11 Fri May 11, 2012 1:16 am
still at it. i just searched the email address and found this site. thanks so much.

here's a question, though. since i'm still on the hook in his mind, do you think i should set up some kind of sting by getting his "agent" to meet me and have the cops right around the corner? sounds like fun to me, and maybe it'll put a scare into him. any advice?

On 5/11/12,
Pierre Stewart [email protected]
9:45 PM (27 minutes ago)

to me

Regards.

Pierre
#101376 by AlanJones Fri May 11, 2012 2:28 am
Hello smisr.11 and welcome to ScamWarners.

There is no agent and the scammer has no interest in actually collecting your car. He will send you a fake PayPal transfer including an extra payment for you to forward to the "agent" - this money will go straight to the scammer.

The best thing for you to do is just drop all communication with the scammer.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#102535 by pissworm Wed May 16, 2012 6:31 pm
Hello! I've recieved an email from a "Mary Smith" at [email protected] who is clearly trying to scam me withg the autotrader/paypal/westernunion thing. Of course I caught on right away and decided to mess with her/him. Messages from:

Name: Mary
Email: [email protected]

Question
Dear Seller, What is the condition and what is the firm price? Regards, shedy.

Ok just wanted to make sure nothing is been left out.I will be purchasing this for $5,200,Payment will be sent using PayPaland i will handle the PayPal surcharge as well. I will arrange withsomeone to have this picked up for your location once i have paid as iam out of town at the moment.In the meantime, can you send me morepictures (if available)?Regards Mary.

Hi,I will be needing your registered email with PayPal so that i canproceed on the payment and once payment has been completed,i will haveit picked up by an shipping company and they have liaisons with localCA companies in every suburb so getting to you shouldn't be a problemRegards, Mary.

Hi Naomi,I just completed the payment via PayPal and i hope you will have receive payment notification mail from paypal by now?.The total sum of$11,600.00 has been deducted from my paypal account.Please i havedecided to add the pick agent charges to the total amount sent,So youcan help me to send money to my pick agent via western union moneytransfer which can found at any post office close to you.please helpme send $1,500 to my pick agent and use the remaining $100 for thewestern union charges.I'm sorry for any inconvenient this might havecause to you.

This is my shipping agent info:

Name: Robert Beasley.
Address: 42 Draycott Place,
Chelsea,
Central London,
SW3 2SH.
United Kingdom.

My shipper would be coming around to your area to have the merchandisepicked up once you have sent the shipping charges fee to them,as ineed you to let me know what time you want them to come and where(your address & phone # you can be reached on)

Regards, Mary.

So this person is always changing their name, and email address. What a moron!
#103214 by edwardsdalejr Sat May 19, 2012 11:46 pm
Moron now trying boats on craigslist, just listed a boat for sale and received an e-mail from him at [email protected] under the name Pierre Stewart asking if it was still for sale and then decided to search the name and the e-mail address and also searched peoplefinders.com to see if there was anyone by that name around, of course not in this area, so that is when I googled his e-mail address. Sent him an e-mail to don't bother contacting me again.
#104215 by tsgallagher1 Thu May 24, 2012 2:30 pm
Pierre is still at the boat thing:

[email protected]
Possible additional email:
[email protected]

Pierre's standard message below:

Regards.

Pierre[color=#408000]
#105017 by WESTON Mon May 28, 2012 11:24 am
RECEIVED THE SAME THING THIS MORNING. I KNEW IT WAS A SCAM SO I WROTE BACK AND SAID (GO "F" YOUR SELF TROLL !!)

CRAIGSLIST NEEDS TO BLOCK THESE GUYS I REPORT THEM EACH TIME.

[email protected]
Possible additional email:
[email protected]

Pierre's standard message below:

Regards.
#107124 by asteriastar Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:43 pm
I recieved the scam email this morning, the first one it had seemed legiate, the second one was the long paragraph one where I knew it was a scam. Is there any way that we can get his ip address and have him arrested for stealing money? I never did the scam, but I'm afraid of those who may have gone through with it. I had my car posted up for sale.
#107654 by coldiron Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:07 pm
This guy now calls himself Pierre Stewart. He's still pulling the same scam...he'll send money to your PayPal account then you send the same amount to his "agent" by Western Union. His grammar is still awful. As a real retired Navy Captain, my guess is that English is his second language.
#107656 by coldiron Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:22 pm
...and more to the above. I suspect he lives in London. Dalston is an area near Hackney and has a large illegal immigrant population (I lived in London for three years). I read that someone believed he was in Germany but his English doesn't read like a German (lived there for three years too). The fact that his real address is dalston11limited leads me to believe he's in the UK so I doubt there's much any of us on this side of the pond can do about it.
#107857 by Dotti Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:39 am
It's really hard to say if it is the same person, unless you are getting IP matches (which significantly increase the odds.) Since these are gmail addresses, you would have to use a special tool to get an IP.

There are actually many scammers using the same exact approach. This particular paypal scam is favored by Nigerian scammers, While you will occasionally encounter a Nigerian scammer in UK running this scam, by far the most common locations will be Nigeria or Malaysia (which has a very large cell of active Nigerian scammers)--though the scammer may have a mule in UK to pick up money.

English is not typically their first language, and the mistakes you see are partly a result of translation, and partly a result of teaching in the area. They do not typically use computer translators into English, and certain mistakes can easily confirm that, because you will see mistakes (e.g. capitalization mistakes, verb tense, spelling) that a computer translator would not make. Because they are coming from the same areas, and translating from similar languages, you will find that many different people will make the exact same mistakes--in fact certain mistakes and phrases are so typical that they can tell you pretty quickly that the scammer is from Nigeria or Western Africa. That means it becomes impossible to tell whether you are dealing with one scammer or many different ones.

To add to the complication, some scammers do work in groups, and share their scripts--while others work independently, but they won't hesitate to buy (or steal) another scammer's script--there really is truth to the expression "no honor among thieves."

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#109501 by SDArvada Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:44 am
He buys a lot of items for his Father I just posted my boat and he sent the same message:
"I'm interested and consider it sold, I'm buying it for my father and

Regards."

Thanks for posting so I could find out about this person!