Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#225312 by Howyda Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:12 pm
Hey

. I got a call. from Australia GSM once I registered in their website. Someone called and told me after asking couple of questions that I am qualified for the immigration and that I have to pay $600. We end the phone conversation and then she sent me the following two Emails. I would like to show you their content to tell me more if it is a scam or real?
it says:

Following our phone conversation about an Australian immigration assessment,
please find attached more information about the services that we provide our customers.
If you have additional questions or want to sign up for our services, please feel free to
contact us using the information below.
Customer Service
AustraliaGSM Tel: +44-20-3150-0462 (UK)
Email: [email protected]

AustraliaGSM Organization appreciates your interest in purchasing our Immigration Package.

During our conversation you stated your wish to complete the payment on your own using using Credit Card.

To complete your payment click here.

The link will provide you with detailed information about the products and services included in your package. Please remember to follow all the instructions and then click the submit button to complete your transaction.

If you have any questions, please contact our customer service department.

Once again, thank you for choosing AustraliaGSM as your provider for immigration services.
Advertisement

#225352 by HillBilly Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:39 pm
What web site did you register at first of all?? There is no way in the world any gov't office is going to call you immediately following a sign up. You have registered yourself on a fake site that needs to be shut down. please give the exact address of the website you registered on.

Please post the email address of this scammer, and the complete headers if u can. If you don't know how to find complete header information, see the link in the bottom of my post.

AU # from their consulate in the UK is +44 20 7420 3690, that is nothing like the # you were given.

#225360 by vonpaso xlura Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:53 pm
[whois.godaddy.com]
Domain Name: AUSTRALIAGSM.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1802373989_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2013-05-19 07:54:37
Creation Date: 2013-05-19 07:54:37
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-05-19 07:54:37
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Pro net
Registrant Organization: Posthaste
Registrant Street: London
Registrant City: London
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code: n225aa
Registrant Country: United Kingdom
Registrant Phone: +43.12345678
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

+43 is Austria. Not Australia, not United Kingdom.

australiagsm.com is in the process of being reported for fraud.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#225396 by Howyda Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:57 pm
I applied for the Australian website and they called me immediately. I clicked on a link relate to the Australian immigration. I applied and they called me an hour later.
Here is the signature of the Email they sent me following my phone conversation with a lady.

AustraliaGSM
Telephone: +44-20-3150-0462
Email: [email protected]

And their website is: http://www.australiagsm.com/
#225436 by Dotti Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:21 am
It appears to be one of multiple sites connected to a "company" in Spain. I will leave it to our site killers to determine whether the company itself is fake, or just another one of many companies set up for the sole purpose of charging large amounts of money for "services" of dubious value.

I will point out one or two quick things though.

Under "Our Products" it says this.
The legal team of AustraliaGSM provides its clients with a valuable service, by using its knowledge of Australian immigration law and its many years of experience in this field to evaluate their eligibility to apply for the General Skilled Migration (GSM) Worker Visa to Australia.

The words "legal team" are used extensively throughout the text, which could reasonably be expected to lead users to believe that they are dealing with immigration attorneys.

But this is in their Terms of Use:
AustraliaGSM is not part of the Australian Government or immigration authorities or a law firm. In this respect AustraliaGSM neither intends nor claims to provide legal advice or solutions of any kind to any individual including in respect of any specific problems relating to any individual.

Immigration laws and regulations change frequently and their application can vary widely based upon the specific facts and circumstances involved. [i]You are responsible for consulting with your own professional immigration advisors concerning your specific circumstances.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#225441 by TerranceBoyce Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:50 am
From the website itself

http://www.australiagsm.com/about-us/

AustraliaGSM is a private company (not connected with the Australian government) that is based in the United Kingdom and is committed to helping people around the globe to apply for immigration to Australia.

I can find no evidence of this on the website or elsewhere.

On the same webpage it states

Australian Immigration Online Application (AustraliaGSM) is a private entity and is not a governmental agency. The AustraliaGSM.com website is owned and operated by the EU company, Post Haste S.L.

The point is that if you qualify to emigrate to Australia you don't need the services of an intermediary and there is no reason to use legal services at all, as there is no way to compel the Australian immigration authorities to accept your application. I certainly wouldn't personally recommend that you pay them any money up front. You can save yourself $600 simply by doing some simple research yourself.

I know a bit about the background of this company from some simple online research but it wouldn't be helpful to post it here.

Australian government advice about using immigration agents can be found here

https://www.mara.gov.au/using-an-agent/

Risks of receiving assistance from an unregistered person

If you want to use a migration agent in Australia to help with your visa application, make sure they are a registered agent. This protects you.

It is a serious offence for anyone who is not a registered migration agent to give immigration assistance in Australia. The penalty can be up to 10 years of imprisonment

http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/fraud/migration-fraud-scams.aspx

Myth
I can guarantee that you will get a visa to Australia

Fact
Only authorised officers from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection can issue you with a visa.
No-one can guarantee you will get a visa. Avoid internet sites and advertisements by anyone who claims they can 'guarantee' a visa.
A visa is only issued if your circumstances meet all the visa requirements.

My post represents information from publicly available online sources, official Australian government advice and my own personal fair comment.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#225500 by TerranceBoyce Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:49 pm
http://www.australiagsm.com/terms-of-use/

If you read clause 23.3 of the 'Terms of Use' you'll note that in the event of any dispute your only means of recourse is to stop using the products and/or website. Obviously if you make payment up front this puts you at a severe disadvantage and leaves you with no means of redress if a poor service or if no service at all is provided.

I would never make a payment up front for any goods or services including such a clause in the 'Term of Use'.

Inexplicably for a company registered in Spain the governing law and legal jurisdiction is specified as the District Court in Larnaka, Cyprus. This however is irrelevant with there being no form of legal redress available.

Similar websites claiming to be owned by Post Haste SL bearing the same clauses include the following

http://www.abroaded.com

http://www.gclexperts.com

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#237522 by olamyde2020 Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:46 am
Hello guys,

Please I need your advice on this Australiagsm.com, I have already paid the required $950 until i saw this post on this page. What can I do to retrieve my money? and how can I get to know the authorised agent of the Australian government.

Thanks
#237742 by vonpaso xlura Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:26 am
How did you pay? Please post all emails they set you, including complete headers, minus your name and address.

#271067 by Jummax Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:07 am
Hi, i also had a call from the australiaGSM. But i said i would cancel the registration instead of paying them. But, when i checked my credit card the other day. The $300 was deducted alrady. Is there anyway i can retrieve this?
#271068 by Bryon Williams Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:12 am
^^^ Call your credit card company and dispute the charges as fraud.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#281549 by Warat Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:12 pm
olamyde2020 wrote:Hello guys,

Please I need your advice on this Australiagsm.com, I have already paid the required $950 until i saw this post on this page. What can I do to retrieve my money? and how can I get to know the authorised agent of the Australian government.

Thanks

Hi I also paid $364 on this website omg just now I found out and today is Saturday omg is this really a fake website
#281729 by vonpaso xlura Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:52 am
The site still says that it's governed by Cypriot law, even though it does not claim to be located there. The MARA number on the site, 1385159, belongs to Michael Kadoury, not to AustraliaGSM.

#284588 by Patreyes15 Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:03 pm
Hi i also had a problem with Australia Gsm ive registered myself to their site and call me immediately and ask personal info and my credit card info but i didn't give them any now they emailed me and telling me that if i dont pay them within 10 days they will gonna turn my application to their legal department because i didn't pay them even though i already cancelled my application and haven't got any service from them. And lastly they send me an email written in spanish i have to google translate it to understand the mail. Hope you can help me out here thank you
#284637 by vonpaso xlura Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:20 am
Please post the emails, including the one in Spanish. If any are from the fake domain, include complete headers.