Information on romance scams and scammers.
#307182 by willina Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:10 pm
hello,

have been speaking to a man by the name of Alexander Rivera Johnson and now I see him on this website as a possible scammer from the US Army. I would like to know if he is real and if he is in the US, does anyone out there know whom he is? My understanding is that he is in NYC based on the IP addresses used by the man but not sure...any help would be great, even if it is to clear the military man's reputation...thanks
Last edited by AlanJones on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed unwatermarked photo
Advertisement

#307188 by vonpaso xlura Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:44 pm
Please post his emails, including his email address. We can't tell from just a name.

If he has done any of the following, he is a scammer:
*Refused to tell you his .mil address
*Asked you to contact someone about leave
*Asked you to contact someone about communication by phone or with video
*Said he is on a secret or classified mission
*Given you an address not ending in .mil or .gov to contact anyone else supposedly in the military.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#307642 by willina Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:39 am
vonpaso xlura wrote:Please post his emails, including his email address. We can't tell from just a name.

If he has done any of the following, he is a scammer:
*Refused to tell you his .mil address
*Asked you to contact someone about leave
*Asked you to contact someone about communication by phone or with video
*Said he is on a secret or classified mission
*Given you an address not ending in .mil or .gov to contact anyone else supposedly in the military.

He has not done any of these to me in the 10 months we have spoken but does not use a .mil address uses a gmail address personal I believe?
#307649 by AlanJones Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:01 pm
willina wrote:He has not done any of these to me in the 10 months we have spoken but does not use a .mil address uses a gmail address personal I believe?

Has he asked you to receive any money for him (perhaps his wages, due to problems with his account) and then told you to send him the money? If not then he is just biding his time until he feels that you truly believe his lies.

If he was a legitimate soldier, he would have a .mil email address and would have no problem giving it to you. Also, if he is using a gmail account then you will not be able to track his IP address as Google masks them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.