Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#326180 by John phoenix Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:49 pm
Strange it might seem, but my mother got scammed online. We are actually in hong kong. It happened in the morning, as I woke up, I heard my mother begging my father for money, saying that a parcel containing 950000 euros was confiscated by the Malaysian government and she have to pay 2800 euros so that she can have the money.
I know that all her life she was not happy and our family is not rich and that she was not loved properly by my father. But the shocking part is that she does not listen to me, who is the only child at home. My father and I know that it was a scam already. The man she is meeting only shows a parcel and nothing more and later ask for more money. She had borrowed money from banks and send the money to the western union. When my father ask the details about the parcel in the phone, such as the parcel number, that man never told us about it and start to threaten my father. We tried to convince her, but to no avail. She kept begging for the money so she can live happily, but we know it's not true.
Because we can't do anything about this situation, we tried to contact the police but their advice is not that helpful.
I am begging all of you, I really need your advice on how to help my mother's condition properly. I know my story is a bit messy, but we really need help as soon as possible. She does not have any trusty relative nor friends to help her nor is in any religion circles. She threatened us that if we ask for any consultation, she will kill herself. Our debt is currently at HKD 48000 and my mother is not realizing that it's a scam. I truly want my mother to be happy but I am still 18 years old. Help me please
Advertisement