Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#349128 by JHelp Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:29 am
I received the below email from someone claiming to be Judy Finchum. I want to check if it's a scam.

This is the details of the email:
reply-to: Judy Finchum <[email protected]>
to:
date: Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 6:55 AM
subject: Re: YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN FOR OUR DONATION
mailed-by: mail.goo.ne.jp
security: goo.jp did not encrypt this message

Hello

We bring greetings to you in the name of the lord. This message is sent to you as a notification that you have been chosen to benefit from our charity project aimed at touching lives and helping those that we can across the world as God has blessed us.

I won the Powerball Jackpot of $133.2 million on September 19, 2017 and I have voluntarily decided to donate the sum of $39 Million to charity In this project, I try to reach people randomly from different sources and modes so as to touch lives from different angles, Hence you are getting a message here.

You have been listed as one of the lucky recipients to receive $1 Million Dollars. This donation is made out to you so to enable you strengthen your personal issues and mostly to generously help us extend hands of giving to the less privileged, orphans and charity organizations within your locality.

To verify http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/09/19/p ... -colorado/

Get back to me on how to receive the donation.

Thanks
Judy F.

When I replied to the email, this was the response:

Dear Friend ,

We got your response and we like you to know that this is not a hoax because we did a personal search for the people we contacted. I and my Husband are grateful to God for this fortune and we thank him so much for the smiles he has put on our faces, so in turn we have decided to put smiles on the faces of other people.

You see God works in miraculous ways, You may be wondering why you received the email, i know this is funny to you right?, when i first pick the lottery ticket and my Husband was asleep I checked it and said we are one of the winner, i doubted it and called it a prank. Until i got to check it over again, I know you would be wondering in your heart and mind if this is for real but don't panic it is well.

This is a life time opportunity and 100% legitimate, we have decided to make sure this is put on the Internet for the world to see, My Husband has an ailment and as you could see from the web-page, am not getting any younger You see after taken care of the needs of our immediate family members, we decided to donate the remaining of the million (USD) to other individuals around the world in need, the local fire department, the Red Cross, Haiti, hospitals in Truro where my Husband underwent his cancer treatment, and some other organizations in Asia and Europe that fight cancer, Alzheimer's and diabetes and the bulk of the funds deposited with KCB BANK the payout bank of this charity donation scheme. We have kept just 45% of the entire lottery sum to our self for the raining day.

You don't have to be skeptic about this as this is not a scam, it is absolutely a blessing from God, We believe we are doing the right thing in deciding to put smiles on the faces of other people by reaching out to some individuals, the less privileged ones and charity organizations too.

To facilitate the disbursement process of the funds 1,000,000.00 USD has been solely donated to you, please send us your contact address and a valid identification of your self and phone number, so that we can forward your details over to the payout bank immediately, We are hoping that you will be able to use the money wisely and judiciously over there in your country, We will employ you to do what you can to alleviate the level of poverty in your region and also try to enhance the standard of living of as many people as you can because that is the only objective of donating this money to you in the first place.

In view of all these, we want you to know that measures have been put in places for our intentions to be implemented swiftly and by so doing, we request that you re-confirm your details once again so that we can immediately forward your information's to our pay-out bank.

Full Names:
Contact/resident Address:
Phone Number:
Country/Nationality:

Please be aware that we do not need your information for any other purpose, we only need these information because we need to have a correct record of who we are dealing with so as to establish a better relationship with you.

We anticipate your earliest response.

Regards,
Judy Finchum
Advertisement

#349129 by AlanJones Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:32 am
Yes, it is a scam. People don't give large sums of money to strangers on the Internet. Any money that lottery winners decide to give to charity, they will do through official charities, not by contacting random people on the Internet.

Just delete the email and don't respond to them any further.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#354965 by AlanJones Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:41 am
AlanJones wrote:Yes, it is a scam.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#356523 by Sweetness Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:51 pm
I also received an email about getting too many in dollars from Judy finchum. I checked online to see if it was a scam and didn't come up with anything definitive. So I looked up her email address and I sent her an e-mail and I told her what the email was that I received and I asked her if it was a scam. She responded and said that she was very sorry but it was a scam using her name. So there is no question it is a scam. :( :(