Information on romance scams and scammers.
#328184 by Juliw Tue May 16, 2017 6:41 pm
I really don't know if I am being scammed, but I have already given a gentleman I have never met $20,000.00. This has been going on since January of this year. I met him on a dating website....(I know....) His work visa expired, so he had to go back to South Africa. Apparently his bank account in the U.S. is frozen until this visa stuff is resolved.

I have filed a police report locally and have filled out a very lengthy report with the FBI. I have contacted police in South Africa and England. This gentleman calls, texts, or emails me just about every day. He is very friendly and kind. However, the stress and pressure of all the demands for more money is overwhelming. He is currently asking for an additional $4,500.00 to open an offshore bank account that will release an inheritance in his name.....I have been trying to put him off, but it is getting difficult.

An attorney located in England, on his behalf, has emailed me several times. Recently a banker from TBI Standard Finance has been contacting me to open up an offshore bank account. This type of account is supposedly needed to help with the transfer of funds (because the gentleman's inheritance is large) between the offshore account then to a bank account here in the U.S

The FBI had initially encouraged me to keep the line of communication open, but I know that they have far too many other, more important issues to address than this. I keep communicating on the slim chance that this man is who he says he is, and I will eventually get back all my money....

I have emails, phone numbers, and several photos, in addition a copy of my report I filed with the FBI. I have the account and routing numbers that were used in the wire transfers.

Maybe this man is who he says he is...He has suggested that I come to South Africa to reassure myself....

I feel like I have a lot of information on this man and am still in contact that somebody, somewhere should be able to help me.....
Advertisement

#328185 by Bryon Williams Tue May 16, 2017 6:46 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

It is a scam.

Why does the FBI want you to maintain contact. I would ask a supervisor are they sure you should maintain contact.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#328186 by Mike Wilson Tue May 16, 2017 6:53 pm
Hello and welcome to scamwarners, trust you instincts and do not send anymore money to this person for any reason.

Please post the emails from the attorney and the banker. Include the full email addresses and telephone numbers if any. This information will allow us to get a better understanding about this scam.

Be sure to remove your personal information before posting. Do not tell them anything about making reports or suspecting they are scamming you. Just go silent and ignore them.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon