Learn about us and introduce yourself
#367298 by qwazy2 Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:56 am
Hi I wanted to post this because there's alot of scams going on in these Facebook "Work at Home" types of groups. These scammers are in other groups that are related to anything that has to do with making money online jobs ! I was scammed in one of those groups ! I received a messenger request from someone asking if I was looking for a Work at Home job? So I accepted, the position was, I was going to be in charge of coworkers paychecks, this is what they wrote:

"All your gonna be doing is to be in charge of other co workers paycheck for a start you will be receiving funds inside your bank account and all you have to do is to take out your paycheck of 300$ and you will be sending the rest funds to other co workers address you are ask to OK?"

She then asked for my bank login username and password along with other personal info.
At the time I didn't have a bank account and she suggested a bank DCU Digital Federal Credit Union. So I opened an account with them and gave her the info. She then told me that they were going to put my info into their system and she will let me know when the funds are put into my account. I let a day pass and I logged into my account to check if the money was available there was $1500 in my account so I thought ok this is "LEGIT". I messaged her asking what to do next she said she was going to ask their "Financial Officer" and will contact me later. An hour went by and I checked my account again and seen that there were transactions made to two persons and each received $1500. Not to mention my acct got suspended and the bank sent a message that I needed to call to unlock my acct. I contacted the person who got my info and they told me that they were going to take care of the issue by contacting their bank and their bank contacting my bank. But they never did. I tried contacting her again, but her profile is nowhere to be found on Facebook. Now I owe the bank $3000 ! So please you guys BE CAREFUL !!
Advertisement

#367339 by Tim Atem Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:35 am
I'm sorry this happened to you. Anyone offering a work-at-home position without offering a face-to-face interview and that requires you to use your own account is a scam.

Could you post any names, email addresses and phone numbers they are using? This will help warn others. Could you also post a few of the messages (especially any offering you the position or asking you about your bank account)? Make sure to remove any personal information before posting.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5