Learn about us and introduce yourself
#368106 by Robert Andrew Moore Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:17 am
I would like to warn the American public about an online pharmacy, that presents itself as a legitimate US pharmacy. My wife and I live in Australia and had heard that certain products were cheaper if ordered online via a US pharmacy. My wife went to RXdiscreetmedshop.com, and the website stated that they were whole-sale suppliers to other pharmacies, which was the reason they could sell medications cheaply.

In a chatroom with someone, my wife undertook a conversation with someone she assumed to be a pharmacist, She described her condition (one of ongoing exhaustion) and the "pharmacist" suggested a medication and she bought a bottle of 100 pills. This is a medication that we do not have in Australia, so my wife had never heard of it. She was given a tracking number, and a link to a website and the tracking number seemed to work fine. It told her that her package had gone via LA to Mascot Airport in Sydney, It seemed to be a genuine EMS Postal website.

A few days later, she received an email from EMS Postal service, stating that her product had been picked up by the authorities because it was prescription only medicine, and therefore considered a contraband substance. The guy who called himself "Calvin Bails" stated that it was probably picked up because my wife orders a lot of products from over seas, which she knew instantly to be a lie.

Prior to this event, she does not remember the last time I used the internet to shop, and she has never used it to purchase goods from overseas. He told her that they had placed the package in a special place, and that all would be fine as long as she paid a "refundable" insurance fee of $5,950 - giving the bank wire details, and telling her that if she didn't act quickly, law enforcement would be on my doorstep.

In the email, this imbecile stated that my wife had contravened the "International Controlled Substances/drug contraband Act" of 26th of May. "Well, my wife is a senior barrister who happens to work in international relations, and I work for an organisation that deals in crime investigation. We went straight to our online legal library that contains all the acts that pertain to relationships between other countries. There is no such Act, and my wife told him so.. Also, we both knew that there is no such thing as a "refundable" insurance fee, and told him to send law enforcement over straight away so that they could help us get him convicted for fraud

I don't believe that the product ever even left the USA, and that it may not even exist at all. Another thing he did was to send me a photograph of the so-called parcel, but having blown up the image, it is clear that it is not even addressed to my wife.

I then googled the pharmacy again and realised that they had "auctioned" illegal substances on Facebook sites, and went back to their original website. I can't believe my wife got sucked into it, but she obviously didn't read it in enough detail at the time. On the surface it all looks very professional, but in retrospect, we both saw that it is full of prescription only drugs, which you can buy without a prescription, as well as illegal, recreational drugs. We would never order a prescription only drug without a prescription, and when I looked up the name of the drug, I realised that it was a drug used in the USA for ADHD.

My wife pointed out to this half-wit that she had previously spent many years in criminal law, and that if a parcel containing 100 pills of a prescription only medication was flown into Australia, and picked up by customs, they would simply throw away the contents, and send the parcel onto the addressee with a note stating that a prescription was required for this medication. The Australian Police (at whatever level) are interested in the people who sell drugs, not in those who order a small quantity of drugs from another country.

She then began to get very threatening emails from the shipping company. I looked up the details of the Pharmacy website, and it is owned by someone named Clarence Lane. It happens to operate across exactly the same IP addresses as the fake Shipping Company

The fake shipping company is (according to Who is) run by
[Removed - AJ]

Of course, it is important to note that one or both of these websites could have been set up by someone with a stolen credit card.

The other give away (which told us that these two organisations are one in the same), is the fact that my wife was asked to send money via Western Union to an outlet in Milwaukee, WI and the bank account that she was ordered to put the $5,950 "refundable" insurance into was also at a bank in Milwaukee, in the name of Terry S Jones.
Last edited by AlanJones on Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed unverifiable WhoIs details
Advertisement

#368107 by AlanJones Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:35 am
Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that your wife was scammed by these criminals. The medication that she was trying to buy never actually got shipped as it didn't exist in the first place - the scammers just want to steal money from victims by claiming to be able to supply medication

From rxdiscreetmedshop.com:
OUR U.S HEADQUARTERS MAIN OFFICE!

Rockford, IL Headquarters
Email: [email protected]
Tel: (801) 896-7983 - +18018967983

From the WhoIs for rxdiscreetmedshop.com:
Creation Date: 2017-06-28T14:07:30Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-06-28T14:07:30Z

Registrant Name: Clarence A. Lane
Registrant Organization: rxdiscreetmedshop.com
Registrant Street: 2869 Maple Lane Apt 674
Registrant City: AL
Registrant State/Province: Huntsville
Registrant Postal Code: 35802
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.2564668208
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

The website emsuniversalpostsvc.com has now been suspended by its hosts.

From the WhoIs for emsuniversalpostsvc.com:
Creation Date: 2017-06-05T10:55:50
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-06-05T10:55:50

Registrant Name: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0148414992
Registrant Organization: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0148414992

Please post the email (remove your details) asking you to send the money to the account in Milwaukee. We can pass this information to the relevant authorities to investigate.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#368272 by Robert Andrew Moore Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:26 pm
Hi Alan

I just wanted to say thanks for your support with this matter we had with RXDiscreetmedicationshop.com

One of the reasons we got sucked in is because we don't use the term RX to refer to prescription medications. If my wife had known that, she wouldn't have visited the site in the first place. It's amazing how tow countries can share the same language, but still use very different terminology

The other good news is the rxdiscreetmedshop.com has now been suspended ,My wife wrote a full explanation of what had happened to her and it seemed to be suspended within minutes! We were privy to the emails that went from the internet server to the customer, who claimed there must be some mistake, and he was only using his site for educational purposes. But he used a different name with us (when the transcripts were sent to us directly). When we read the transcripts inside the actual webmaster's site, the guy used a different name. And surprise surprise- - It just happened to be the same name as the person whose account she was ordered to put $5,950 in5o1

i know it's very difficult for many people across the world to make ands meet, and there's a lot of desperation in the world. However, what bother me most about sties like this is the effect they can have on kids. The owners couldn't care less who they got their money from, and a of kids get hold of their parens money, pay it into a Western Union outlet and before you know it, they're addicted to a cocktail of hideous drugs- half of which are not even the real thing, but simply play havoc with their systems.

Anyway, I was just messaging you to thank you for your support and I will keep my eye on this very interesting website