Learn about us and introduce yourself
#368662 by 12C4ume Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:45 pm
Hi; I joined tinder last Wednesday (6/27). I was approached by several men that were interested in talking. Three of them were presistent. All requested I go to Hangouts. After a few days one wanted to privately text and I gave my number out. This was the most natural speaking one. I thought others might have been scammers so I was guarded. I will provide information on this one that technically has not scammed me but I believe its coming. He's an engineer that does contract work all across the world. Supposedly UNICEF has awarded him contract work in NIGERIA. all key words are in caps. However today I received a text from him and I thought to myself "I've seen this before some where". It was on your site and goes:
I want you to know that i also want love so bad,love that is not  unbreakable,and do believe in God and His principles/words and consider this so great in my life that Intimacy
brings about friendship....Friendship brings about relationship.Relationship brings about love....Love brings about
marriage and marriage brings about eternal love when its bound by the love and fear of God in mind..
Exact wording from a 2010 scam I believe. Ill be glad to provide the info you have mentioned..but this person doesn't know I have figured this info out. They technically haven't scammed me. They are gonna try. Can they be caught in the act or should I leave it alone?Advise please.

Another one tried to get me to send him money for a Phone card (army soldier) I figured he was scamming and deleted him.

The last one; well 3 strikes you're out rull applies. Not gonna risk it.

All three wanted me to get off tinder because of scammers...that was the one bit of good advice they gave me.
Advertisement

#368664 by Mike Wilson Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:38 pm
Hello and welcome to Scamwarners. Awarded a contract in Nigeria is a sure sign that he is actually Nigerian and is using this as a smoke screen so you will not be suspicious when he asks for money or gifts to be sent to Nigeria.

The chances of getting him trapped and arrested are very slim so the next best thing is to post all of his contact information, a sample of his emails and then stop all communications with this common thief without telling him that you know it is a scam. Just go silent and ignore all messages and telephone calls.

If you have any additional questions please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#368666 by 12C4ume Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:06 pm
I'm going to post about two people that I believe to be scammers. I need to review what I need to include. I've kept every bit of communication from both of them. They may be the same person for all I know. It's such a shame. If I don't post info tonight I'll do it tomorrow. Remind others to be very careful.