Learn about us and introduce yourself
#378785 by Lane Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:34 pm
Recently got caught up in a fast shipping scam. I started about 2 weeks ago, sent about four packages, then my friend sent me this article:
[Removed - AJ]

Although, the actual website (http://www.shipmefaster.com) looks super legit. I honestly went through an interview process as well (about a week and a half of exchanging emails). But seeing the merchandise I'm "exchanging" between customers and the fact that I need to remove all evidence of the previous package label, it definitely smells of a scam. Any advice will help. Also please share.
-Lane

Now the crappy part of this is that I already acted as a smuggler for stolen merchandise. Does anyone have experience with this? What should I do? Should I go to the cops or report this? Will I have to face a huge fine? Officially as of yesterday, my hands are free of this company.
Last edited by AlanJones on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed external link
Advertisement

#378786 by AlanJones Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:09 pm
You need to be proactive and contact law enforcement and let them know you are the victim of a re-shipping scam. If you don't then when the merchants whose stolen goods you shipped complain to the authorities, they will be viewing you as involved in the fraud.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.