Learn about us and introduce yourself
#379354 by MNKate777 Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:27 pm
I was contacted on Twitter several months ago by an individual who said he "wanted to get to know me" claiming he is a serving in the US Army serving as part of the UN Peacekeeping Forces in Kabul, Afghanistan. He purports to be an only child, his wife died in childbirth and has a young son living in Florida. Both of his parents are dead as well. (How convenient). He has a gmail e-mail account and a cell phone with a Florida area code. He also claims to not have access to his money and has requested iTunes cards, so that he can chat with me, money to pay for his son's field trips, gift cards, and has now hit me up for $1,850 to purchase leave for him to come home to me for leave. I received an e-mail from a "UN Liaison officer" with a form to fill out and a request for payment. I immediately told him that that was a ridiculous amount of money and that I had always heard that you earn leave, not buy leave. And told him I wasn't going to pay it that he would have to send me the money, which prompted the story of a diplomat bringing me money as soon as I paid it to pay me back. He told me that UN Peacekeeping Forces have different rules from the Army. He literally has a very good answer for every question I ask. It's rather amazing. He has extensive photos of himself and his son. I think deep down I know he is a scammer, but he is incredibly convincing. He makes a point of texting me 2X a day religiously and chats for hours. Oh, and he claims I am his soulmate, has been lonely for years and wants to spend his life with me, even though I'm 20 years older than he is. We've only chatted on WhatsApp, no live phone calls or skye chats. Anybody else had this experience and how did you handle it?
Advertisement

#379356 by AlanJones Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:30 am
He's a definite scammer and you will see the same story elements in numerous topics in our Romance Scams forum.

The best thing for you to do is to drop all contact with him and block him. Don't accuse him of being a scammer, he will just try to deny it. Just disappear and leave him wondering where he went wrong.

Please also post all of the details you have about him and the fake UN Liaison officer, including email addresses and telephone numbers. His other victims may be searching for these.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#379404 by MNKate777 Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:26 pm
E-Mails regarding payment for Leave Application is Gen. Liam Derick, UN Liaison, email: [email protected]

Scammer is using name of Ryan Andrew Kaiser on WhatsApp. Name on Twitter accout is Ryan Kasier.
E-Mail; [email protected] States that he live in Florida. Phone: 863/417-2065 Texts on WhatsApp

6 year old son's name purported to be Gunnar.

Wanted money wired to: Jacqueline E Briggs, Bremerton WA Phone: 360/900-7431 to pay for his son's private school excursion fees.