Learn about us and introduce yourself

Hi

#51839 by exercise Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:10 am
Hi just wanting some help. I've meet this guy who says hes in the U.S. Army not sure if he said hes at afgan or kubal..? But said he is at some camp called 'Red Coop Camp" and in 3rd infantry division...not sure if there is a camp of this name. He indicated that he wa a Command Sergeant Major. We have been chating for a while now, and he wants to put his money in to an account in australia..?? should i be worried..!!
Advertisement

#51841 by John DeLaney Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:20 am
Hi exercise. Without actually seeing the emails he has sent you, I'm still prepared to say he is a scammer.

There are a lot of "US Army" scammers, all wanting to transfer money or take money off you. I haven't yet found a legitimate one.

Please post any emails and his name in here. Once we have something to work with, I am sure we can sort out just where and what he is.

John

John DeLaney
#51849 by exercise Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:20 am
John DeLaney wrote:Hi exercise. Without actually seeing the emails he has sent you, I'm still prepared to say he is a scammer.

There are a lot of "US Army" scammers, all wanting to transfer money or take money off you. I haven't yet found a legitimate one.

Please post any emails and his name in here. Once we have something to work with, I am sure we can sort out just where and what he is.

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you I got your reply to my email. could this not get posted please..!! Just wanting to see if he is for real.
Thank you
Exercise.

Hello

Good to hear from you as well, I think your weekend will be a blessing. My Name is Charles Farley Ramos. So I have Ramos on my chest. i am working with 3rd infantry division at red coop camp. I really like it how Duke's is interested to know me too, I think he likes me lol.
I can not wait to talk with you online today, I miss talking with you so much and it seems like im bothered. I pray that everything goes well with you so that you will get online today.
Charles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Evening my dear,
Thanks for such a great email. I was very excited to read back from you once again....I was so anxious to get on here and see if you had written back to me and when I opened my mailbox there you were.Nothing wrong has happened to me, I am safe here in the zone. Yes I want to tell you more about myself and what I want to find.

I was brought up by a single mom and never knew who my dad was since childhood till date... My Mom is a Swiss- American. My mom's name Thelma and I always believe my mom was a strong woman because she's been the only one who took care of me from day 1 and through all this years... Raising up with no Dad wasn't easy at all and I never want anyone to go through the same way I went through and that's why I want to be there whole heatedly for my son... I'm a family oriented person, family is very important to me and my son means the world to me,i lost my mother the year 2001.I'm a practical Christian and I enjoy attending church regularly, but recently business got me missing church a lot. The Lord is an awesome God and he is my everything. I'm pretty much a trusting person, for the most part, however, I have found myself to have people abuse that and make a fool of me.. However, I believe each person deserves their own chance and don't judge anyone.. In fact, I try to keep an open mind with everyone.. at least as much as a human being can.. I'm good financially, I'm not rich but live a comfortable life. I'm able to save, spend and soon I want to invest when I retire. I'm also able to donate to causes I care about. I've always thought of making money available for God's use because I believe that's how He wants us and constantly brings blessings. I have always wanted to do some voluntary work for this world we live in before I depart and I know with a strong woman it will all be possible.

Am constantly told that I'm good looking and both look and act far younger than my age (while still being responsible for the most part).. Am considered intelligent, honest, capable of carrying on conversations on a variety of topics, kind, caring, giving, passionate, compassionate, a leader with a commanding presence, successful, possessing a quirky sense of humor and so much more! You will find me a contradiction in terms.. I can be intense yet laid back, intelligent yet do some of the most stupid things, outgoing yet shy, a leader yet not afraid to take directions and be a role player, funny but serious....

My son, George means the world to me and have been my focus since we loss his mom.. I do not seek a replacement mother for my son rather.., I seek one amazing woman who will not only accepts my relationship with my son but won't feel threatened by nor jealous of this relationship and who can meld seamlessly into our family unit.

The reality is that I truly do seek a lasting relationship.. For this to happen we should be compatible emotionally, intellectually, socially, spiritually, physically call me shallow but looks do matter and yes sexually.. Even with all this, love must exist and there must be that ever-elusive 'spark..' In essence, I seek the proverbial 'Total Package..' Rather than 'settling' for someone I could be happy with, I seek someone for a lifetime together filled with passion (both in and outside the bedroom), intensity and bliss.. I guess I'm looking for a woman who can love me as I am (good, bad and ugly).. Someone who can relate about life and it's ups and downs and will want to share them.. I want my match to be able to work together to obtain goals that we've both set.. I'd like us to be able to grow as individuals as well as a couple.. I'd want our relationship to be secure so that we could feel comfortable and trust each other completely.

I think this is enough for the time being, I will stop now and make sure I make sense all out. Now your turn, tell me more about yourself and what you want to find in a relationship partner. Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend and take care.

Charles

#51851 by Chris Fuller Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:44 am
Hi exercise,

Yes, that is a scam. This paragraph:

Am constantly told that I'm good looking and both look and act far younger than my age (while still being responsible for the most part).. Am considered intelligent, honest, capable of carrying on conversations on a variety of topics, kind, caring, giving, passionate, compassionate, a leader with a commanding presence, successful, possessing a quirky sense of humor and so much more! You will find me a contradiction in terms.. I can be intense yet laid back, intelligent yet do some of the most stupid things, outgoing yet shy, a leader yet not afraid to take directions and be a role player, funny but serious

is also used in similar scams, for example:

General Jason Floyd Seward
Michael Smith Leetic

You can read more about this type of scam here:

Scammers Impersonating Military Personnel

In this situation, it could be the 'advance fee' variation of the scam described in the topic above, or the scammer may want you to handle fraudulent checks or stolen money for him. If it is the latter, and you do this, it could result in yourself being arrested/investigated for money laundering activities. You can read more about this here:

Check Scams

Please stop all contact with this scammer. He is not who he says he is; he is a criminal.
#51852 by Arnold Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:00 am
Yes, it is 100% scam.There are two totally different styles of English here.The first email is West African in style, and much of the second one contains much better English, stolen from somewhere.
And why would a Charles Farley Ramos have the email address [email protected]? I get the impression from his first email, that he hadn't noticed that the stolen photo he's using has the name badge "Ramos" and that you or another potential victim has queried the discrepancy.
Transferring his "money" to Australia would involve you having to pay to accomplish this.

#51864 by exercise Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:03 am
I want to thank you for all the feed back..your a life saver.
Keep up the good work,
:D