Learn about us and introduce yourself
#29628 by buried under 419s Sun May 30, 2010 11:50 pm
Hi

I post on eater and am involved in aa419. I have finally join this forum to see if I can help in some way

Questions about scams? fraudatiocruor @ gmail.com to contact remove spaces
Advertisement

#29629 by Ralph Mon May 31, 2010 12:27 am
Hi Buried and welcome, thank you for joining, you have already been a help here with some of the fake sites we are given details of.

I have no doubt your skills and experience will be very much appreciated here :D

Take a look around and if you have any questions you can ask one of the support team members, moderators or admins
#29635 by David Jansen Mon May 31, 2010 4:34 am
Welcome here Burried!
What took you so long? :beer:

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#29642 by Jillian Mon May 31, 2010 10:32 am
Thrilled to see you here, Buried Under 419s. I know you've been involved in this cause in other ways for many years and we welcome your contribution here. :D

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#30126 by Jillian Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:03 pm
Hi Jill. Welcome. :D

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#30135 by thays Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:40 am
Hello, i am Victoria and i live in Romania.Recently, i received emails from two families from USA, and they recomended me the folowing agencies:FJ Traveling Tour, email adress:[email protected], they want 1300$ to help me with my visa, and the other agency email adress is:[email protected].
Can you help me find if this agencies are scamers?
#30137 by Ralph Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:55 am
Hi Thays, welcome to Scamwarners.

I dont have time to investigate right now but, I would be sceptical of them both, one asks for money up front and uses a free email domain, the other was suggested by a person you do not know who also recommended a site that asks for money up front and uses a free email domain.

Please do not reply to any of these people for the moment while we find some more information for you, meanwhile, could you please take a look through this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3561 and please add any information that may help us to find the truth.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask
#30142 by David Jansen Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:17 am
Welcome here Thay

As Ralph said, if they want to charge you upfront for your visa, then it's a scam. I can't imagine that a visa costs $1300. If you want a visa for the USA, then you need to go to the USA ambassy or consulate to apply for a visa there. I checked out the travel agency, but i can't say that they are legit. The domain is registered with aol, there's nothing about the owner of the domain. Besides they don't have a website, they only use the domain for their emails which is a sign for scam. Then i found some postings on some boards where this "traveling agency" is offering jobs in the fish industry and oil industry. Better stay away from them.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#30494 by Truth Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:39 am
Hi there

I am from Asia and I am new to this place. Managed to find you after doing some research online. Received email from this bank based in UK/Scotland and asked me to open a gold optium account. I just want to find out if this bank really exist!

Pas de Finance Bank
www.pasdefinance.com

Thank you all for your help and welcome! :D
#30500 by GomerPyle Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:19 am
Welcome Truth.

Yes it's a fake.

In the UK all banks are regulated by the FSA and their latest list of banks is here

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/list_banks/2010/may10.pdf

Banks are also legally required to post this information on their website together with details of the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Doing a check at Companies House I find that it isn't even registered as a company in the UK, and no company number is mentioned on the website, another legal requirement.

Looking at the small print on the site I notice this

Contacting Us
If there are any questions regarding this privacy policy you may contact us using the information below.
pasdefinance.COM
123 ADDRESS STREET
MY CITY, MYSTATE 76543
USA
[email protected]

Someone's been a bit lazy with the small detail, and not something a real bank would make a mistake over.

Domain Name: PASDEFINANCE.COM

Registrant:
Mosiac Services
Mosiac Services ([email protected])
D-33041 Paderborn
Volkssternwarte Paderborn Schlosspark 13
Paderborn
Paderborn,33104
DE
Tel. +49.4905554972

Creation Date: 04-Jun-2010
Expiration Date: 04-Jun-2011

Domain servers in listed order:
ns4.highhosting.net
ns3.highhosting.net
ns2.highhosting.net
ns1.highhosting.net

Administrative Contact:
Mosiac Services
D-33041 Paderborn
Paderborn
Paderborn,33104
DE
Tel. +49.4905554972

Technical Contact:
Mosiac Services
D-33041 Paderborn
Paderborn
Paderborn,33104
DE
Tel. +49.4905554972

Billing Contact:
Mosiac Services
D-33041 Paderborn
Paderborn
Paderborn,33104
DE
Tel. +49.4905554972

The website is ten days old. :laugh-s:

Anyone attempting to build a website pretending to be a UK bank has a tough job on their hands as UK banks are so well recorded and regulated and, as I'm ex-bank staff, I'll soon sniff out whether or not it's a phoney. I'm sure that I could find many more faults, but there's no further point looking if it doesn't appear in any official records.

It's a nice looking site, but beyond that it's just a complete phoney.

It's also on the aa419 website database here

http://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=49065

so it's unlikely to be around much longer.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#30757 by Clerk of Oxenford Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:56 am
Hi all,

Another newb here. I'm Hungarian living in Austria. I'm not much of a poster, I'm afraid, but I'd like to read along, stay informed and spread the word in my immediate surroundings.
#30758 by Ralph Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:02 am
Hi Clerk, welcome to Scamwarners.

I am happy that you will be reading along and spreading the word, you never know how many people you will save from being scammed, what you can know is that the more people you tell, the less people there are to be scammed ;)
#31026 by ThePiper Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:01 am
dropping by to say hello .. im The Piper .. just learned that ive been scammed :( .. and now im here to join the cause..
#31027 by Ralph Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:06 am
Hi The Piper, welcome to Scamwarners, I am sorry to hear that you have been scammed, if you have any questions about that please ask.

What can help is to make this scammer's life difficult by posting the details of the scam you were involved in, email addresses, phone numbers, copies of the emails or any documents you were sent could all help.

We can and do save people by having scammers scripts posted here