Learn about us and introduce yourself
#204939 by tan10 Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:18 pm
Hi
Ive been talking to a gentleman from Denmark who is apparently in the air force.
Very polite man, well mannered.
I am now getting suspicious of him and not knowing whether to believe he is in the forces.
Last week he asked me to transfer some money that he was going to put into my account and for me to transfer this money into an account that he would specify.
He said it was for soldiers to use the telecom service.
Is this true?Does this happen?
Advertisement

#204946 by Dotti Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:43 pm
You are very right to be suspicious. This is not something a real soldier would do.

It is, however, something that African romance scammers pretending to be soldiers do every day. He is a criminal and a liar. The scammer wants to use you as a mule. The money he wants to transfer to your account is stolen. By passing it through your account before he collects it, he ensures that the police will go after you when the theft is discovered, and that you will be the one who loses a lot of money and faces punishment.

Scammers like this are always trying to scam more than one person at a time. It is possible he is using the same name, email address, and/or words on another victim now, or he will attempt to do so later.

If you post the name and email address this scammer is using, along with some of the messages he sent you, you will likely help other victims to avoid falling for this criminal's lies.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#205080 by bbjune Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:01 pm
Hi there...it almost like my problem too,just a little different on way of story but still around about money,huhu...me also still looking for the truth,I'm very2 confused.