Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#242639 by HannahsDad Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:23 am
Auto Transport LLC at http://auto-transport-llc.com

also at http://www.auto-transport-llc.org

See viewtopic.php?f=10&t=97287
And viewtopic.php?f=10&t=95767

There is more to shipping a vehicle from one location to another than meets the eye. With more than 15 years of experience, Auto Transport LLC understands the intricacies involved better than anyone.

At Auto Transport LLC, our mission is to make vehicle transporting a positive experience for each customer. When you trust us to ship your car, you receive peace-of-mind, expert advice and superior service.

Our Have Questions page highlights FAQs: CAR SHIPPING 101, which provides helpful answers to common questions

3760 Market St Ne #488, Salem, Oregon 97301, United States
[email protected]
[email protected]
Phone: 5 038 513 751
FAX: 5 039 915 276

Created 19th March 2015 for 1 year only
In the process of being reported for fraud

Advertisement

#243915 by HannahsDad Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:15 am
I have been told that, despite the Oregon address and telephone numbers their bank account is in Finland.
Strange that :=)

#246620 by Jaybeers Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:45 pm
I recently had a scammer claiming to be the well known photographer, book writer "Chris Rainier" selling a motorcycle. He wanted me to register on the Auto-Transport-LLC site and wire 5K to Finland account who would hold the money until I received shipment and was satisfied with the item then they release funds to seller.
I was suspicious as I could not reach anyone at the transport company and tried contacting the Salem OR. location also with no luck. I then emailed the real Chris Rainier at an email I researched that was different from the 2 emails the scammer had setup. He proceeded to tell me someone was using his name etc. and beware of scam :!: :evil:
#246661 by Terminator5 Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:21 pm
Fraud website claimed business address is a UPS store, mailbox in Salem Oregon .

Daniel 8 :25
#256817 by cwood92 Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:51 am
I also found a listing by someone claiming to be Chris Rainier, same email, he actually used both the Nat geo Europe email and the Hotmail email, that has already been posted. I'll post the contents of the last email he sent me.

Hello

The motorcycle, the title, two sets of keys, manuals and some service history records is what you will get from the Auto Transport (LLC.). The bike belonged to my father who recently passed away. I arranged for the sale right before I left the country. I propose to close the deal through http://www.Auto-Transport-LLC.com, in the most safe and easiest way possible for both of us. Basically, it's similar to buying a bike locally, the money will be sent to their holding account, and they will keep the money until you will receive the bike. After the bike is delivered, you will have a 7 days inspection period before you decide if you wish to keep it or not. If you are serious about buying the bike, I will ship it anywhere you want.
To be able to start this transaction you need to register on the shipping company website:
http://www.Auto-Transport-LLC.com

Thank You,
Chris Rainier.

National Geographic

Chris Rainier / Photographer
[email protected]

National Geographic
http://www.nationalgeographiceurope.com

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. National Geographic is not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
#256924 by vonpaso xlura Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:42 am
nationalgeographiceurope.com is a fake site created a month ago by the scammer which frames the legit site.

Misformatted phone number, which looks like it's in Central America, is actually +1-503-851-3751. No one actually in Salem, Oregon, would write the phone number the way he did.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#257010 by HannahsDad Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:27 pm
And here is a half-cooked version of the same

Unnamed Auto-Transport at http://woodlandtrans.com

WELCOME TO website
Founded in 1997, website is one of the largest vehicle shipping service providers in the world. With more than 90 certified partner facilities, website safely and efficiently transports more than 100,000 vehicles each year. You name it, we have shipped it – everything from cars and motorcycles to vans and specialty vehicles via a variety of proven auto shipping methods.

That text lifted from DAS here http://www.dasautoshippers.com/about-us

CONTACT INFO
address, city
zip, country
email1
email2
Phone: phone1
phone2
FAX: fax

Created anonymously 12th June 2015 for 1 year only

#257017 by jandlman1 Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:22 pm
I am crushed and relieved! Thank you so much for this website and all of your postings on this guy. I found a 1960 Cadillac also supposedly in the Oregon area. Oodle.com dropped his posting but not before I found it. This guy used all the same tricks I see in previous posts. Same shipping company, same email with a different vehicle in the text, same story about the National Geographic, etc. This guy is good. I did alot of research. I called the Oregon DMV and checked the VIN, I called the BBB and checked it out, I called the International Association of Movers. Most of it checked out. Even the National Geographic page is legitimate as well as his name on Internet Movie Database, that lists his name and credits him as being a photographer with Nat Geo. Really crushed but happy that I didn't fork over my hard earned cash. Thanks very much!! I dropped all of my correspondence in this posting hopefully to help some other guy from getting taken.

Re: Hi is your car still available?
People
Chris Rainier
Today at 7:34 AM
Great. Once you are registered and have the money available let me know so I can ask ATLLC to prepare the documents.

PS: I agree to share the shipping fees too.

Thanks,
Chris.
National Geographic
[email protected]

National Geographic

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. National Geographic is not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Sent: Friday, June 19, 2015 8:18 AM
To: Chris Rainier
Subject: Re: Hi is your car still available?

Hi Chris,
I will check out your auto transporter and register with them. As soon as I do I will contact you. Are we sharing the expense of the transport? It's about 1,000 miles. Thanks.
Joe
Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

On Jun 19, 2015 5:55 AM, Chris Rainier <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello

The car, the title, two sets of keys, manuals and some service history records is what you will get from the Auto Transport (LLC.). The car belonged to my father who recently passed away. I arranged for the sale right before I left the country. I propose to close the deal through www.Auto-Transport-LLC.com, in the most safe and easiest way possible for both of us. Basically, it's similar to buying a car locally, the money will be sent to their holding account, and they will keep the money until you will receive the car. After the car is delivered, you will have a 7 days inspection period before you decide if you wish to keep it or not. If you are serious about buying the car, I will ship it anywhere you want.

To be able to start this transaction you need to register on the shipping company website:
www.Auto-Transport-LLC.com
Thank You,
Chris Rainier.
National Geographic

[email protected]
National Geographic

Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:43 PM
To: [email protected]

Chris,
Turns out I have a mechanic friend in Portland, you may know them, Gibson Auto and Electric. If you wouldn't mind having the car brought there at your convenience and my expense, we can get the prepurchase inspection out of the way and I can wire you funds if all checks out. Please let me know if that works for you and we can schedule a time and date for drop off. Thanks Chris.

Joe

To: Joe M.
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:43 AM
Hello,
The car is still for sale. Price is $12,100.00. Mileage is 107000, the car is being sold as described, clear title, no mechanical issues, everything is in great condition and has been recently serviced. The car is ready for the road. I am working overseas with National Geographic and my contract ends in October 2015. The location of the car is Portland, OR ready to go. If you want to find out more details about how we can close up this deal contact me.
Thank You,
Chris Rainier.
PS: You can also reply me at my work email [email protected] for a faster response.
National Geographic
[email protected]
National Geographic

Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:38 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Hi is your car still available?
I noticed the website your car was advertised on dropped you. Is there a problem? Let me know if the car is still available and what your bottom line price is. Thanks.

Joe