Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#242762 by ScamParanoid Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:31 am
Hi Guys! I'm new here and I'm really glad I learned of this site.
Alright,here's the thing guys,I am soon going to purchase a 3-license keylogger from this company known as "Logixoft" however I have my doubts and I don't really know whether or not should I trust this company.I tested the software itself and it works flawlessly and works as claimed.(should be a good thing right?)
So here are 3 links:http://www.logixoft.com/
http://www.avangate.com/
and finally https://www.abnamro.com. (Don't worry,all 3 links are safe to visit)
And let me explain how these other two links (avangate,ABN AMRO) came about.
First of all logixoft itself does not support wire transfer/bank transfer,therefore I contacted Logixoft via email and the support guy then redirected me to avangate as avangate supported wire/bank transfer.And then I first filled in false information into the payment form as I didn't trust avangate entirely and after that avangate provided me with their payment details which included information such as reference number,swift code,bank number,etc,etc but then I noticed that in the form,a bank's name was mentioned (ABN AMRO located in netherlands,amsterdam),though I am confident that ABN AMRO is a legitimate bank, I still included it because I was redirected there.So in summary the redirection is in this order>Logixoft>Avangate>ABN AMRO.
I have done my research before posting here however I am not fully confident that I could trust Logixoft,therefore I posted here to ask for some opinions/advice.
Alright guys,that's it.Please help me to verify.
Thanks Guys! :)

Edit:I am only going to ever use the keylogger on the devices that I own and not on devices that I do not own.Please Understand.
Advertisement

#242771 by HannahsDad Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:47 am
Well I 'm not qualified to give you purchasing advice but I will give you my assessment of their websites from a "dodgy site" point of view.

Logixoft at http://www.logixoft.com/en-gb/index appears to be a legitimate company website.
The fact that you can use PayPal or a credit card gives you protection.
Why would you want to use wire/bank transfer? You have no subsequent recourse.

Avangate at http://www.avangate.com appears OK although I worry about any company with Romanian connections!

ABN Amro at http://www.abnamro.com/en/index.html is the real bank.

#242800 by ScamParanoid Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:00 pm
Well,that's awesome.Hearing your reply makes me feel more comfortable.
I have to use wire/bank transfer as I don't have a credit card,that's the reason why.
And what do you mean by "I have no subsequent recourse"?
With what you said,do you feel I should purchase from the site?Maybe I should have included this from the start,maybe this would be more helpful: https://secure.avangate.com/order/finis ... 39e70772ba
What do you think?

EDIT:The link provided contains their payment details.
#242832 by HannahsDad Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:18 pm
If you pay via PayPal or a credit card and do not receive your goods you can complain and there is a good chance they will retrieve your payment.

If you pay by wire or bank transfer your money is gone. No chance of retrieval.

More than that I cannot say.

The fact that you are asking here suggests that you are suspicious. Why?
If the offer seems to you to be too good to be true it probably is.

#242889 by ScamParanoid Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:33 am
I am suspicious because I asked this same question to a anti-virus forum and the person who replied me there said that the site is most likely fake,so I took his reply with consideration and then posted here to get a second opinion.His reply is as below in quotes:

""No. No specific data has been provided to make a claim - yet.

I performed a very minimal examination. The site has only existed since February '08.

It is hosted in the UK and appears to be a French organization but there is no real information on who is Logixoft and the fact there is no information on who they are, etc, there is no way to really vet them. In the US you can contact the BBB or other organizations and check various records.

Based on the lack of full information and a privacy policy only in French... my gut feeling is NO.""

From my understanding is that,he said that the site is most likely fake because of the lack of full information and a privacy policy only in French.However,he also said that he had performed a very minimal examination which I feel might not be conclusive and in my opinion (and if i'm not wrong),if the site is doing business and is online for more than two years,it should generally be trustable.And also the fact that I'm redirected to most-likely-to-be legitimate sites and not phishing sites,just adds to signs of a most probably legitimate site.I personally trusted Logixoft until the reply from the anti-virus forum.But that is just my opinion.Am I right in my assumption?
And Thanks for taking your time on helping me on this.
#242892 by AlanJones Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:00 am
Fake sites usually don't stick around for 7 years or be registered multiple years in the future (they tend to register for the minumum possible period as they don't expect to be arround long).

As for the fact that the privacy policy is in French, they're a French company and at least they have a policy - translating it with Google shows that it is a standard policy.

I don't see anything wrong with the site.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#242976 by ScamParanoid Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:49 pm
Well,given all the answers here in this forum and my personal research,I don't think I have any more questions to ask.So I think it's time for conclusion.
I have contacted all three parties and verified with all of them.They all replied.Logixoft said that if I have any doubts to contact avangate.Avangate said that the company Logixoft is "definitely a trustworthy company"as they do a thorough check on the website before they associate themselves.I then asked Avangate if they are actually affiliated with the bank "ABN AMRO" and Avangate said "yes,ABN AMRO is one of the several banks we collaborate with".And finally,I contacted ABN AMRO and asked them whether or not are they affiliated with a company called "Avangate",however due to the strict security policies that are practiced by banks,ABN AMRO was unable to give out their clients information.But that's ok.As of right now,I think I could safely assume that I am safe to purchase from Logixoft as "HannahsDad" said that Logixoft "appears to be a legitimate company website".And that pretty much draws the conclusion.
Wow guys!
Thanks for all this help!
KUDOS to you guys here at ScamWarners! :=) :=) :=) :=) :=) :=) :=)
#248257 by ObfuscateTheWeb Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:12 am
@ScamParanoid Sorry for reviving an old thread but thought you needed to know- I can tell you that you could trust those domains as I personally purchased from Avangate myself and the product came though it was slow.
Rest Assured that you are in fact dealing with legitimate sites.
Good Luck Mate. 8)