Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#284109 by Michelle Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:57 am
Subject: Booking Confirmation Appartement de 2 pieces dans le centre # BH17EV12
To: Michelle Banks

Hello Michelle

You are going to Rue de Châteaudun 24, 75009 Paris! Please review your trip details below and get in touch with your host,Tim Browler to confirm the details of your arrival.

Thanks for using Airbnb.

Owner Information:

Phone Number:
E-mail: [email protected]

Payment
Your reservation has been accepted, please send the payment to Airbnb by bank transfer within the next 24 hours. The payment is processed and collected by Airbnb in full. The security of your funds is ensured, and you’ll be protected by policies, such as cancellation policies and the Guest Refund Policy.

Please find our bank details below:

Account Holder: Leonard Collett
Bank Name: Alior Bank
IBAN: PL91 2490 0005 0000 4000 3102 8218
Swift/BIC: ALBPPLPW
Bank Address: Rakowiecka 41, 02-521, Warsaw, Poland
IMPORTANT: In order for our system to easily identify your payment, please use the following reference "BH17EV12" when performing the transfer. No other words, spaces or dashes. Once the bank wire transfer has been made please email a copy of the receipt to your host. Payment will be released to the host only after check in is confirmed by the guest. Security deposit will be refunded to the guest on the check out date. Airbnb Payments is a limited payment agent of the Host.

Whether the reservation is two days or two months away, we hold the payment until 24 hours after check-in before releasing the funds. This gives both parties time to do a walkthrough upon check-in and make sure that everything is as expected. The host will receive full payment from Airbnb 24 hours after you check in. Your payment is automatically covered against internet fraud up to €20,000.

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#284899 by Michelle Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:40 am
Subject: Booking Confirmation 2 zimmer Wohnung zentrum in Hamburg # RV40TB57

Hello Michelle

You are going to Mönckebergstraße 5, 20095 Hamburg! Please review your trip details below and get in touch with your host,Tim Browler to confirm the details of your arrival.

Thanks for using Airbnb.

€20 x 90 nights
€1800
Host Discount
€0
Refundable Security Deposit €400
Airbnb Service Fee €23
Total: €2223

Owner Information:

Phone Number:

Payment
Your reservation has been accepted, please send the payment to Airbnb by bank transfer within the next 24 hours. The payment is processed and collected by Airbnb in full. The security of your funds is ensured, and you’ll be protected by policies, such as cancellation policies and the Guest Refund Policy.

Account Holder: Laurent Gallopin
Bank Name: Alior Bank
IBAN: PL92 2490 0005 0000 4000 1692 3042
Swift/BIC: ALBPPLPW
Bank Address: Moldawska 7, 02-521, Warsaw, Poland
IMPORTANT: In order for our system to easily identify your payment, please use the following reference "RV40TB57" when performing the transfer. No other words, spaces or dashes. Once the bank wire transfer has been made please email a copy of the receipt to your host. Payment will be released to the host only after check in is confirmed by the guest. Security deposit will be refunded to the guest on the check out date. Airbnb Payments is a limited payment agent of the Host.

Whether the reservation is two days or two months away, we hold the payment until 24 hours after check-in before releasing the funds. This gives both parties time to do a walkthrough upon check-in and make sure that everything is as expected. The host will receive full payment from Airbnb 24 hours after you check in. Your payment is automatically covered against internet fraud up to €20,000.

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

#290212 by Sheikpablo Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:13 pm
Hello everyone!

Recently i was looking for an apartment to rent in Amsterdam, searching on google, after the regular agency´s i saw a Craigs list Amsterdam ad, an apartment for 650 EUR. The apartment was amazing and for the location and price, 650 EUR, i thought right away that was a scam, too good to be true, and decided to check it trough...

https://amsterdam.craigslist.org/apa/5485608279.html

I sent a message to the owner´s email address:, [email protected], and received the following reply from a different email address:

"Tom Rowler < [email protected] >

Hello,

The apartment is available, is located in a quiet area, has all the facilities and services: TV, air conditioning, high speed internet, pets allowed.
The monthly rent has the charges included.
I bought this apartment for my eldest daughter during her studies, but is now back home permanently in Oxford, UK, so I'm trying to rent it.
We will not use it for a long time, so you can rent for as long as you want.
I would like to know more about you.
Some questions:
How many people will stay in the apartment?
and how long do you want to stay?
Do you have an employment contract?
Do you have a pet?

Thank you, Tom

PS: The price is 650 euro per month and a deposit of 400 euro."

I provided some fake information just so he would give me more details and also requested a viewing and he replied:

"Hello , What you say is in order with my wishes. Unfortunately, the apartment is not available for viewing because I was in UK when I decided to rent it.
Here is the address so you can check the area: Rozenstraat 60, 1016 NX Amsterdam.
The apartment is exactly like in the photos. If you don't want something we can get it out.
I want to get the deal through Airbnb, if you're interested let me know to establish everything.
Thank you, Tom"

Asked again for more details:

"Hello , Of course, you can register with the address.
I will explain exactly how this will work:
First you must book the apartment for minimum 2 Months.
You will have to fill the booking page with your details.
After you complete the booking details, you will receive per email the booking confirmation and payment details.
After you send the payment to airbnb you must send me a scanned paper of the receipt so I can confirm with airbnb that you made the payment and won the apartment.
When the payment is confirmed, in maximum 48 hours, but usually it takes around 24 hours, you will be contacted by one of airbnb agents to establish a meeting so you can see the apartment.
When you will go to see the apartment you must decide if you want to stay there or not.
If you want to stay they will transfer the payment to me and give you the keys.
If you don't want to stay you will get your money back from the agent.
Let me know if you understand and also if agree so I can send you the link and solve everything.
Also make sure that you have the money for minimum 2 months + deposit (that will be 650 X 2 + 400 = 1700 euro).
Thank you, Tom"

Agreed with his terms and finally he sent the link to make the transfer:

"Ok, here is the link to my listing:
http://airbnb.apartment-booking.eu/ivs/ ... -0b80-d221
Let me know when you solve everything.
Thank you, Tom"

When i checked the link, it looked like the Airbnb website, you could see the listing, the guy´s profile, guests reviews, pictures from the apartment, conditions etc...except the address: http://airbnb.apartment-booking.eu and not : https://nl.airbnb.com/.
Another funny thing on their website they also use LIVECHAT, and you can get the full transcript on you email address, so that it feels that you are talking with someone from customer support from Airbnb, and they confirm all the info that the scamer already told you, so everything seems pretty legit and you are getting the deal of your life.

Here´s the Chat transcript:

Sheikpablo 11:43 pm
Hello

i would like to know more details regarding a listing

http://airbnb.apartment-booking.eu/ivs/ ... -0b80-d221

Paula 11:43 pm

Ok, I will check.

Sheikpablo 11:44 pm
i would like to know if this property is real, if the owner is trust whorthy
also what are the procedures to book this listing i never used Airbnb before
also who will deliver the keys and the payment
11:45 pm
Paula 11:46 pm
The listing is in order and the owner has all reviews 100% positive.

Sheikpablo 11:47 pm
because is asking for a 400 euro deposit

Paula 11:47 pm

The listing has a 60 minimum staying so you must make the booking for a minimum period of 60 days.

Sheikpablo 11:47 pm

ok

please continue

Paula 11:47 pm

ok

After completing the payment to the Airbnb Bank account you must send us a scanned paper of the transfer so we can confirm the payment. After our payment department will confirm the payment, you will be contacted by one of our agents to establish a meeting(maximum 48 hours) so you can see the apartment. At the meeting you must tell our agent what is your decision. If you want to rent the apartment we will transfer the payment to the owner and give you the apartment keys. If you don't want to rent the apartment you will get your money back from the agent.
11:49 pm
Let me know if you understand?

Sheikpablo 11:50 pm

So its Airbnb who handles the keys

after i make the payment
Paula 11:50 pm

Yes, of course.

Sheikpablo 11:52 pm
And if the apartment is not what is shown on the pictures i can decline and will be 100% refunded? or there is charges?

Paula 11:54 pm

You will be charged only the booking fees. That will be around 30 euro.
If you want a refund after the apartment viewing, our agent can give you the money cash.
11:55 pm

Sheikpablo 11:56 pm
Thats even better
So i can be safe, because my money will only go the owner if i accept the apartment, otherwise i will be refunded the full amount including the deposit, less the 30 euro Airbnb fee correct?
11:59 pm

Paula 12:01 am
Yes, correct.

Sheikpablo 12:01 am
and regarding the payment can i make a bank transfer?

Paula 12:02 am
when you will make the booking you will have to select the payment method by bank transfer.

Sheikpablo 12:02 am
ok
after i receive all the instructions, regarding the email address to send the confirmation and so on
12:03 am

Paula 12:04 am
When you will fill your booking details.

Sheikpablo 12:05 am
ok
Thank you for all the information

Paula 12:05 am
You're welcome

Sheikpablo 12:05 am
Good evening
12:06 am

Paula 12:08 am
Good evening to you.

After i made the booking to check their email address, it was supposed to be from Airbnb, like for example when you register at Airbnb.com: [email protected], but it came from AIRBNB, all caps, and their address: [email protected].

Here´s the information i receive to complete the booking and make the transfer, funny thing the bank account is from Poland!:

"Arrive
01-04-2016
Flexible Arrival Schedule

Depart
31-05-2016
Flexible Depart Schedule
60 Nights

1 Guests

€22 x 60 nights
€1320
Host Discount
€0
Refundable Security Deposit €400
Airbnb Service Fee €23
Total: €1743

Apartment 2 bedrooms lux in Amsterdam
Rozenstraat 60 1016 NX Amsterdam

Owner Information:

Guest Information

Sheikpablo
Rokin
Amsterdam ,1012AB, Noord-Holland
Netherlands

Payment

Account Holder: Garcia Secure LTD
Bank Name: PKO Bank Polski SA
IBAN: PL26 1020 1042 0000 8302 0343 1731
Swift/BIC: BPKOPLPW
Bank Address: Targowa 62, 03-734, Warsaw, Poland

Account noted MW

IMPORTANT: In order for our system to easily identify your payment, please use the following reference "RV44TB1" when performing the transfer. No other words, spaces or dashes. Once the bank wire transfer has been made please email a copy of the receipt to your host. Payment will be released to the host only after check in is confirmed by the guest. Security deposit will be refunded to the guest on the check out date. Airbnb Payments is a limited payment agent of the Host.

CANCELLATION POLICY
MODERATE: REFUND OF TOTAL 5 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL DATE, without FEES.

SECURITY DEPOSIT
AIRBNB RETAIN THE SECURITY DEPOSIT AND ANY COLLECTION MADE ONLY IF THE HOST ANY INCIDENT REPORTS.

HOUSE RULES
THE RULES ARE SIMPLE, Respect THE APARTMENT AND THE THINGS THAT CONTAINS.

Customer Support
We're here to help! If you need assistance with your reservation, please use the live chat button."

This is a pretty well made scam and people who are less aware can easily be tricked.
I didn´t made any transfer to them because i saw that it was a scam, just wanted to know how is their procedures..
Maybe you guys can do something about this and also shut them down. ;)

Jus wanted to share this so that no one gets really scammed.
#290258 by vonpaso xlura Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:56 am
apartment-booking.eu was registered for only one year by hidden. It has no website of its own, but redirects to airbnb. Please post the complete headers of the email from apartment-booking.eu so that we can kill it.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#290520 by vonpaso xlura Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:47 am
Please post the body, the Received headers, the X-Originating-IP header (if any), and all other email headers. We need to prove to the mailhoster that the mailserver is being used for fraud. Also, if the email you posted is a reply to one you sent, post the one you sent, with complete headers.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#291053 by Michelle Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:08 am
From <[email protected]>

Payment

Account Holder: ABN Secure LTD
Bank Name: ING Bank
IBAN: PL69 1050 1214 1000 0092 2334 5134
Swift/BIC: INGBPLPW
Bank Address: GRANICZNA 49/5, 40-018 KATOWICE, Poland

IMPORTANT: In order for our system to easily identify your payment, please use the following reference "RV10TB28" when performing the transfer. No other words, spaces or dashes. Once the bank wire transfer has been made please email a copy of the receipt to your host. Payment will be released to the host only after check in is confirmed by the guest. Security deposit will be refunded to the guest on the check out date. Airbnb Payments is a limited payment agent of the Host.

CANCELLATION POLICY
MODERATE: REFUND OF TOTAL 5 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL DATE, without FEES.

SECURITY DEPOSIT
AIRBNB RETAIN THE SECURITY DEPOSIT AND ANY COLLECTION MADE ONLY IF THE HOST ANY INCIDENT REPORTS.

HOUSE RULES
THE RULES ARE SIMPLE, Respect THE APARTMENT AND THE THINGS THAT CONTAINS.

Customer Support
We're here to help! If you need assistance with your reservation, please use the live chat button