Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#272948 by Pria Johns Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:57 am
http://raybanposts.com/ Cheap Ray-Ban Sunglasses?

Ok, I couldn't help myself here too good to be true I'm starting to think.

After seeing a post from somone on facebook I took the risk of ordering a discounted pair of Ray Ban Sunglasses at 85% off + Shipping, let's remember it is October. I read the FaQs page and have seen there is a "blank fee", not so sure what this is or will be. There's a few grammer mistakes but even the best sites make them. All seemed quite professions apart from the registered business address which looks to be fake.

I've got to wait 5-7 working days for the shipping time and for them to arrive then I will be able to let you guys know, how much I ended up paying ect and if they even arrive! Has anyone delt with this site before, I have only seen reports of scams on the 'free ray-ban' deals but this seems more genunine, I hope I'm not wrong.

Pria.
Advertisement

#272951 by AlanJones Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:06 am
You will either receivenothing at all, or you are going to get some poor quality fakes worth a lot less than you have paid. No legitimate business will offer designer products at 85% off - if it sounds too good to be true then it always is.

The WhoIs for raybanposts.com tells you all you need to know:
Created Date: 2015-09-10
Registration Expiration Date: 2016-09-10

Registrant Name: zhang yiyi
Registrant Organization: zhang yiyi
Registrant Street: beijingshi42haojiedao
Registrant City: beijing
Registrant State/Province: Beijing
Registrant Postal Code: 100000
Registrant Country: CN
Registrant Phone: +86.2081204548
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +86.15060346634
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

Registered last month by someone in China using fake registration details.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#272957 by HillBilly Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:28 am
Hi and welcome, Pria Johns. You did not provide us a whole lot of information, except what you are worried about.

I'd suggest you read these articles to help protect yourself

http://419advancefeefraud.blogspot.com/ ... sands.html

http://www.never-wire-money-to-strangers.tk/

If you have already wired money, it will likely be gone forever with no recourse on your part at all. If you have made the purchase through a Credit card, be sure to find out ( if you do not know) how long you have to dispute the charge, so that if you have not received your product by then you might at least get credit back from the purchase.

10. Why do you charge my card more than your product price?
We only receive the product price. The extra money may be charged by the blank as the blank fee.Hope you can understand.

After viewing the site ( which I believe is a fake website), the above statement from their FAQ's appears to be a typo, and nothing else. the word should be bank, not blank.

I really do hope you paid with a CC. There is a chance you can get your money back through a dispute if you did.

#272959 by HillBilly Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:47 am
a search of the registrant's current websites reveals one that has been shut down by RayBan through the US court system.

http://raybansphot.com/
This domain was previously held for the sale of alleged counterfeit Ray-Ban products. Control of this domain has been transferred to Luxottica Group S.p.A. (“Luxottica”), the exclusive wholesale distributor of genuine Ray-Ban products in the United States and which has the exclusive right to enforce the Ray-Ban trademarks in the United States, pursuant to a temporary court order. Luxottica took this action to protect the Ray-Ban brand and the consumer from unknowingly purchasing counterfeit products.

court documents are available on the page above, too.

Search string for this registrant's phone # : https://www.google.com/search?q=8620812 ... 1&ie=UTF-8

#272973 by TerranceBoyce Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:19 pm
10. Why do you charge my card more than your product price?

We only receive the product price. The extra money may be charged by the blank as the blank fee.Hope you can understand.

Presumably that's the card processing fee, but i doubt they can do that legally, certainly not in the UK. How can you authorise a charge to your card when you don't know what the amount is ?

The point being that you won't receive what you order, if anything at all and, by their own admission, you're going to be charged more than you expect, with no limitation as to how much more.

Most companies include that cost in their pricing but, when a company gets a lot of chargebacks, they'll get hammered by their card service provider before they lose the service altogether.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#273963 by Pria Johns Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:38 am
Ok update guys, first I recieved an update and tracking number and then the Sunglasses arrived. I can't tell if they're the real deal but they look great not. So no need to worry my bank account looks good too! :P :P :P
#274017 by Mortal Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:01 am
Good to know this ended happily.
If they were cheap, they might be really good fakes, sometimes it's hard to spot with a naked eye, but the wear and tear will get it soon.

So I myself wouldn't consider them originals, but if it serves you, then it's as good as anything! :)

Never tell scammer he is listed on this site.

If you find out person you are communicating with is listed here: stop all contact with the scammer

Need help? Contact me at mortimer.allen @ scamwarners.com (remove the spaces)
#288490 by AlanJones Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:04 am
^^^That is definitely a fake site and not an officla Ray Ban supplier.

Any orders from the site will either result in you receiving nothing or poor quality fakes worth a fraction of what you paid.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#293393 by Banba Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:55 am
I was caught out by this scam, the site looks very official but made more credible because it was advertised with a link to the site in 'Face book'. I paid my 25euro plus 10euro for postage and packing from Italy. After the delivery date of 10 days passed I followed up and got a badly written reply from a Chinese company telling me that the delivery is hereby to Malta is 'hereby acknowledged' and may be subject to currency fluctuations. I still await delivery.
#293415 by TerranceBoyce Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:04 am
Even if you get the counterfeit sunglasses two major problems remain.

Counterfeit items are the property of the named copyright owner and are liable to be seized from you at any time. Maybe it's not a major risk, but it's not a nice thing to happen and presumably you could be sued too.

Secondly when it comes to sunglasses, low quality reproductions may shade your eyes but not cut out harmful uv rays. In fact it can be worse than not using sunglasses because your irises are opened wide making them more vulnerable if you don't have protection.

As much as sunglasses may be a fashion statement they are also something that provides protection to your eyes.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle