Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#314542 by HannahsDad Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:00 am
Galveston Wealth at http://galvestoncapital.com

Galveston Wealth is a full service financial advisory company based in Jakarta, Indonesia. The company was established by a group of professionals seeking to cater to a burgeoning demand for high quality bespoke financial services from the expatriate community and high net worth families in the region. We have accumulated a wealth of knowledge through extensive working experience in the international equities, commodities, fixed income and futures markets.

Indonesia Stock Exchange Building
Tower 2 20/F Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 52-53 Jakarta 12190 Indonesia

Created 30th July 2006 but obviously changed hands and was re-purposed in March 2016.

Advertisement

#319094 by Dobb Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:48 am
Galveston Wealth / Galveston Capital is most certainly a scam. Having read through many of the online forums devoted to exposing Crown Capital Management several years ago I noticed a large number of similarities with my own dealings with Galveston Capital. Finally, I noticed that both companies share the same registered phone number so my guess is that Crown has been re-branded as Galveston.

Same MO as with Crown, the initial investment off a cold-call shows a positive outcome which builds trust & induces the investor to increase the size of their investment. After some more time a call is received advising that the big bucks can only be made with a further substantial investment. This final call will be the most aggressive from a sales perspective & includes threats of losing all of your investment if you do not contribute additional funds. I personally did not continue to work with these people & have requested to have my 'shares' sold however now they are unresponsive. My expectation is that the money has been lost.

If you are contacted by any representative from Galveston Capital / Galveston Wealth then do yourself a favor & hang up the phone!
#320183 by Leo_nard Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:12 am
Hi Dobb,

have you got your money back?
I got approached by them and they bought some shares under my instructions.
Now I read your post and I am concerned, if I am going to send them the money for these shares, I will never see it again.
Thanks in advance.
#320184 by AlanJones Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:51 am
Leo_nard wrote:if I am going to send them the money for these shares, I will never see it again.

You won't see it again - it's 100% a scam, so don't send them anything - just block them and do not respond to any further contact from them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#320414 by Y Me Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:02 am
I agree galveston capital is a scam as I have also been dealing with them am my story is the same..... starts off with a cold call then, gains trust with small investment only to have them call you and tell you need to buy more shares. They wont sell my shares and are now telling me I will lose my entire investment.

I don't expect to any of my money but I wish I had of see this post last year before I pulled the trigger. Galveston weary are crooks scammers and have no concern for you aprt from taking your money!

If anyone knows a way to get these guys and get some of our money back let me know as I would love to stick to these criminals!
#321959 by Vengeance Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:04 am
I've lost a fortune... Can't believe how stupid I am to fall for it. I would also like to know if there is anything can be done to get these people. A real name or address of one of the guys and money will be the least of their worries... How can we get these scumbags?
#322328 by mooseman Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:45 am
This story is the same as mine. I am dealing with shares sold for Geely automotive. All the information they tell me is real I have been following the stocks and it seems like a good investment as the stocks have actually been going up with the stock market news matching the information they are telling me.
I will now try to sell them as the shares have doubled. But the hard sell came today to invest a heap more money to be in a private buy out deal and a larger profit if I get in on this.
I hope that this is not true that they are only scammers or boiler room scheme.
#323124 by egyptexpat Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:15 am
These guys just cold called me with the Geely Automotive information. Quite a comprehensive sales call. I don't usually give these guys any time but for some reason I did today. A bit of research soon shows them to be scammers thanks to this website. Incidentally there are no telephone numbers listed on their website and also on the brochure they emailed way back in January. Good luck with getting your money back.The guy gave his name as Steven Richards.
#323691 by DJ8 Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:39 am
I had the same experience with them. I have been contacted and followed by 5 people in the past 9 months and I made with them 2 transitions "buying" shares of Geely first and of Payton Planar later. All the predictions they told was true, so I fall in believe them since I started to have some doubts about the last "trade" and I started to find some information about them and I got this forum (unlikely too late). Now they are waiting me to pay more to buy shares of another company. They told me it the only way to sell my Payton shares and get back my initial investment.
Anyone tried to contact indonesian's police and/or the bank to lock their account?
<Removed>
Last edited by AlanJones on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed unverified external link
#323759 by Dobb Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:58 am
I'm pleased to see that this thread is still going & hopefully has prevented some people from making the same mistake. I failed to mention in my original post, the shares in question were Payton Planar.
I waived goodbye to the money last year and hold no hope of seeing it again, instead writing it off as an expensive learning experience. If anybody does uncover a method of getting a hold of these people, I'd be keen to hear it. Given we know that the location detailed on their website is phony combined with the fact that none of the people appear to have an online presence (LinkedIn, FB etc..), I don't really see how it's possible.
#324779 by AlanJones Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:21 pm
Anyone with additional information on this scam can contact a Moderator to post it.

For anyone who has already posted, beware of anyone contacting you by PM claiming that they can help you get revenge. This is most likely another scam attempt by the same scammer or another one.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#328388 by BillHK Thu May 18, 2017 12:46 am
Hi I was approached by Galveston Wealth, and like a fool I bought in. Reading this site, it looks like Galveston are a scam. I wish I had visited this site earlier. Now it looks like I have lost it all. Pretty upset about it. Is there something the OJK in Indonesia can do?
Is there anything I can do to get my money back. Appreciate any reply, even if it no chance of getting your money back.
#328391 by AlanJones Thu May 18, 2017 4:06 am
It is unlikely that you will get your money back, but I would advise reporting the scam to your local police.

#328777 by Bryon Williams Mon May 22, 2017 4:15 pm
Anyone with additional information on this scam can contact a Moderator to post it.

For anyone who has already posted, beware of anyone contacting you by PM claiming that they can help you get revenge. This is most likely another scam attempt by the same scammer or another one.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#372369 by Mike Wilson Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:48 am
[email protected]
[email protected]
+6221 2975 9208.

The following email is an attempt to steal more money from the victims. The imaginary fees are never ending in these scams.

Dear Mr. <removed>,
Following your conversation with Michael Anderson, the settlement for your X,XXX
shares of <rmoved> will be € X.xx per share.
The total settlement will be X,XXX shares at <removed> less our 1%
commission of € XXXX, giving a net amount of € XXXXX due to you.
The amount required to settle your cash call is US$ XXXX. Please find attached your
banking instructions for settlement.
Once the cash call has been received, no further fees or costs of any kind will be
required to complete this transaction.
When you have completed your payment, kindly forward confirmation to us by email.
For any questions please email [email protected] or call us on
+6221 2975 9208. Our office hours are 9am to 5pm (WIB).
Yours sincerely,
Catherine Williams
Senior Accounts Officer
[email protected]

Beneficiary Account Name PT JAYA MEGA INT
Beneficiary Account Number 0111 2202 9000 207
Receiving Bank Name BANK MEGA
Receiving Bank Address
RUKA CITRA GRAND BLOK R1 NO. 16
JL. ALTERNATIF CIBUBUR
CIBUBUR 17435
INDONESIA
Swift Code / BIC MEGAIDJA

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon