Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#42055 by Karl Popper Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:43 pm
Firstly hello all - I was pointed in this direction by a nice person over at 419 eaters. If this is in wrong room my apologies but I wonder I could bring to your attention the website cars-direct-inc.com.

This website is trying to con people into sending money for cars on their website. Needless to say they don't actually have these cars they have simply stolen the photos from other legitimate websites. It is the latest incarnation of a website called kikimotors , which in turn became Auto-mall-inc.com.

Auto-mall-inc.com is a well-known scam and even the BBB is aware: http://www.bbb.org/texas-panhandle/busi ... x-99122105 (ed;thanks dora)
Also: http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/201 ... lo-address

There is a thread relating to cars-direct-inc here:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showth ... t=18215504

Whilst I don't want to spoil their fun baiting the sites live chat facility it would be nice to stop this website altogether from operating and taking anyone's cash.

OK Many thanks...

<Mod edit: fake domains are being handled - Michael>
Advertisement

#42099 by sabrina1360 Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:36 am
Yes. They are going to hurt some people with this scam. Yesterday Trading Standards / Autotrader closed them down but they are up agian today. They have copied a logo from a real company called cars direct ltd, which is registered and trading correctly in Uk. They are also using that genuine companies feedback as though it is thiers. So be careful using Google to check. I believe that genuine company is now trying to get them stopped. Yesterday I regonized a vehicle they were supposedly selling atually parked on a garage forecourt. So I stopped and check the registration number against the scam site photos and inquired if the garage had the log book. They did and they had never ever heard of Cars-Direct-Inc.com. It appears they had scammed the photos and advert directly from the car dealers sale on Autotrader website. Needless to say the genuine sellers were very annoyed to see the scammed website. Cars-Direct-inc.com have no english company address, but give a Isle of Man address which is not detailed correctly appears as a Chinese Take Away !
#42226 by hankeybann Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:02 pm
Hi. We've been scammed by cars-direct-inc.com aswell. Thank you for putting this up. Have you managed to get the money back?? We got scammed for over £3,000 - keep away from this website.
#42289 by Dora Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:18 pm
Karl Popper wrote:Whilst I don't want to spoil their fun baiting the sites live chat facility it would be nice to stop this website altogether from operating and taking anyone's cash.

Hey Karl,

Thanks for posting up the information over here. See how others will find it once it has been posted?

We would never keep a fraudulent/fake site up just so baiters would play with the scammers -- it is much more important that fake and fraudulent sites be killed (if possible) so victims are saved or prevented. However, a scam site isn't always easy to kill, though the site killers will do their best. Sometimes, all we can do it make sure the word gets out about the scam/fraud.

Be sure to tell others and spread the word about ScamWarners. :D