Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#330018 by AlanJones Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:11 pm
Fake investment broker website - Pearson Investments L.L.C. - pearson-investments.com

From the Website:
ASIA HEAD OFFICE
Billion Plaza II
Floor 23, Billion Plaza 2
No. 10 Cheung Yue Street
Kowloon
Hong Kong
Tel: +852 5808 4334

New York Office
Wall Street Executive Center
Suite33 44 Wall Street
New York City
New York

Tokyo Office
15F16 Hiroshima High Building
3-1 Kanayama-cho
Naka-ku
Hiroshima
730-0022

Pearson Investments L.L.C. is a limited liability company incorporated under Hong Kong law and is fully independent and is licensed by the Securities & Futures Commission (SFC) of Hong Kong.

There is no record on the SFC website of Grace Investment L.L.C. being licensed by them, but there is an alert:
Name: Pearson Investments / Pearson Investments LLC
Type: Unlicensed entities
Address(es): i) Floor 23, Billion Plaza 2, No. 10 Cheung Yue Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong
ii) Wall Street Executive Center, Suite 33 44 Wall Street, New York City, New York 10005
iii) 15F 16 Hiroshima High Building, 3-1 Kanayama-cho, Naka-ku, Hiroshima 730-0022
Remarks: The company gives the above Hong Kong address but it is not located there.
Add date: 7 Apr 2017
Note: Unlicensed entities often use names similar to legitimate companies to confuse investors.

From the WhoIs for pearson-investments.com:
Creation Date: 2016-11-09T11:38:47Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-11-09T11:38:47Z

Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#330420 by Daveg123 Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:32 am
Hi everyone
I think I/ve been scammed I have bought shares through Pearson Investments in Hong Kong but nothing much seems to be happening. I checked out as much as I could before I invested and first bought snapchat IPOs, which seemed alright Then they were sold and bought Space X shares to which I have bought more. They were supposed to be sold approx. 3 weeks ago but nothing has since been finalised on that " Things are under way".
Now I see that Pearson Investments appear to be unlicenced. Worried. Does anyone know anything about this company or how I can investigate any further.
Regards Dave
#330421 by AlanJones Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:38 am
Hi,

I've merged your post with an existing topic on Pearson Investments. The company is not registered or authorised in Hong Kong where they claim to be and they are not based at the claimed address on their website.

Please can you post any other email addresses or websites that you were referred to as other victims may be searching for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#348602 by Nazhan Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:05 am
Hi Dave,

I saw your post on the above company.
Can i know what is the status now?
I think i have been scammed just like you too on SpaceX shares.

Did you manage to get your returns?
Appreciate your kind reply. :cry:
#348606 by Daveg123 Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:16 am
Hi Nathan
I have 4000 shares which apparently is hard to sell because most sales are in block form of 5000 or 10000 shares. I did have someone ready to buy but suddenly disappeared so they abandoned the sale. Since then nothing. I ring up to find out what is happening and can never get directly on to the broker, Justin Blake. Who is your broker?. I would like to keep in contact with you either through here at scamwarners or privately. I would just like us to get our money back or get what is owed to us. Makes me really cranky to think feel I've been scammed. Please reply I'd like to know your story.
Regards Dave
#348611 by AlanJones Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:57 am
Daveg123 wrote:I have 4000 shares which apparently is hard to sell because most sales are in block form of 5000 or 10000 shares. I did have someone ready to buy but suddenly disappeared so they abandoned the sale.

Sorry, but you don't have any shares in SpaceX because they have not offered any to the general public yet. The owners are either the founders/staff or venture capital firms that have funded them. The shares that you have been told you own do not exist and the only people who will talk to you about them are the scammers trying to steal more money from you.

I would also recommend that posters on this topic are weary of having private conversations as scammers have been known to register and claim to be victims in order to contact real victims and further scam them. If you receive a private message from anyone claiming to be another victim or able to help you get a refund, please report the massage so that the moderators can review it.

#348673 by Nazhan Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:47 pm
Daveg123 wrote:Hi Nathan
I have 4000 shares which apparently is hard to sell because most sales are in block form of 5000 or 10000 shares. I did have someone ready to buy but suddenly disappeared so they abandoned the sale. Since then nothing. I ring up to find out what is happening and can never get directly on to the broker, Justin Blake. Who is your broker?. I would like to keep in contact with you either through here at scamwarners or privately. I would just like us to get our money back or get what is owed to us. Makes me really cranky to think feel I've been scammed. Please reply I'd like to know your story.
Regards Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes, same broker... Justin Blake.
Same number of shares too for 4000 shares. I am not a scammer but a victim from Pearson Investments... i am sure there are others that are in the same situation. We can share our email Dave.
Mine Removed (BW)