Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#340470 by Tridentus Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:37 pm
Hello!

A site just recently created, claiming to be a lawfirm based in London, UK called Claytonpartners LLP should be checked if it is indeed a scam site, acting as a front for scams.
I have strong reasons to believe this, and it seems they´ve put quite some effort into making this site, so i guess they either are a real lawfirm, or intend to use it aggressively in various scams.
Site adress is http://claytonpartnersllp.com/ and they claim to be located at fancy adresses, which i cant confirm from google.maps or lists of companies listed on these adresses.

LONDON OFFICE

35 Seething Lane,
London, EC3N 4AN
United Kingdom.

and

BIRMINGHAM OFFICE

5 Commercial St,
Birmingham B1 1RS,
United Kingdom.

I would appreaciate some experienced help in checking this site and company. Please give me your thoughts.

(If i posted this at the wrong place on the forum, a moderator hopefully can place it where it should be.)

Regards, Tridentus.
Advertisement

#340473 by Mike Wilson Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:22 pm
This is a fake law firm. No law firm of this size in London would us a mobile telephone for their main contact number.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#340482 by AlanJones Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:50 pm
There is also no match for Claytonpartners LLP or Clayton Partners LLPon the Law Society database.

From the website:
CLAYTON AND PARTNERS LLP
LONDON OFFICE

35 Seething Lane,
London, EC3N 4AN
United Kingdom.

BIRMINGHAM OFFICE
5 Commercial St,
Birmingham B1 1RS,
United Kingdom.

TEL : +44-778-3430694
FAX : +44-207-0600589

EMAIL : [email protected]

From the WhoIs for claytonpartnersllp.com:
Creation Date: 2017-09-05T11:36:53Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-09-05T11:36:53Z

Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC

A legitimate firm of solicitors would not hide their details in their domain registration.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#340811 by Tridentus Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:58 am
Thanks for the info.

It is beyond all doubts a scam site and even though they went through the problem at setting up this web page, its still quite a transparent scam. Are scammers that stupid, or do scammers rely on that people are stupid to fall for such a blatant fake law firm?

I think they ware running a nigeria-letter kind of scam, with the law firm website as base. The regular stranger contacts you informing you of a big sum of money, that he or she for some reason wants you to inherrit.

Having two cloned sites, and maybe more, suggest to me that they will try this quite aggressively, so perhaps we will see more of these scammers.

Thanks again!