Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#370103 by Neshiac Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:53 pm
I received a job offer through my email. I was excited, since I have been filling out apps constantly. I responded and they asked me to go to their website foxfreightusa.com to fill out an official app. I did. Soon, I got a call from the manager to conduct a interview. He needed to verify that I was who I was by having me send a pic of my self and i.d. together. I did. He called back and congratulated me on the new job offer. I felt that I was finally in a position where I can take care of my family and move. My first concern was trying to respong back to the person who asked me to fill out the app online. The address was invalid. So I start searching on the web for reviews and also the bbb. When I checked the tge bbb, they rated it a A+. Nervousness calmed down and I was expecting my first package. I start wondering again if this company was legit. I searched the web again. The real company is foxfrieghtinc., not foxfrieghtusa, even though they have foxfrieghtinc at the bottom of their website. I searched scams and came across this site and was strucked to see so many people with the same hiring process as I. A shipment is currently in route for delivery and I dont even want to touch it. This is crazy!!
Advertisement

#370107 by AlanJones Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:17 pm
When the package arrives, refuse delivery of it and tell the courier that you are a victim of a reshipping scam.

It would also be a good idea to file a report with your local police as well. The package will have been purchased with a stolen credit card and eventually, the retailer will become aware of the fraud and the only real details they will have are yours.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.