Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#61251 by maid_in_the_mist Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:24 am
Hi,
I have registered a domain name with a web design. Mr. Site. I cannot retrieve email nor can a client contact me. The information number is a fault.
It seems if I want to move my domain I have to pay another £15.00 . It has stopped my start-up business and all my cards I have newly printed etc: the domain name on.
The box number I found on ,Who is? there seems to be several names.
the number is PO BOX 19184
Thames mead
london. SE28 0WQ
I COME ACROSS SEVERAL NAMES PETER SMILLIE AND STUART SPICE WHO IT SEEMS RUNS ...MR. SITE.
Checking on Facebook it seems there is an Indian version and if you click on the link it is Indian dating and sex adverts. This has recently appeared.
On reading reviews Amazon I am not the only one having problems. A guy paid the £15.00. and has not had his domain back.I have sent an email to Amazon with the information. Stuart Spice seems to have a lot of domains!!!! Any advice please? :cry:
Advertisement

#61254 by Michael Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:31 am
Hi maid_in_the_mist, welcome to scamwarners.

I'm afraid this isn't exactly what we deal with - your case appears to be something about customer dissatisfaction while this forum focuses on advance fee fraud. I don't think we can be a big help here in this case.

That said, I am very much aware of the problems around mrsite. It was over a year ago, in April, that I found a fake bank website on their servers. It was complete with phishing page, it was listed as fraudulent by the FSA and companieshouse, but yet it didn't go offline. It took me over a year of sending reports to get the site offline - normally these sites go offline within a day. The excuse: "we won't act without court order" "Anyone can say a site is fake, show us some proof". Which I did of course. But it was never enough. After three months they just stopped replying or talking to me completely. I was completely unable to reach anyone, and it's not really a surprise to see that other departments of this company are utter crap as well.

A while back the "live chat" was still operational, did you try that? It's what they keep telling people that contact them trough skype - if not, it's worth a shot.

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#61944 by MrSiteSupport Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:21 am
Hello maid_in_the_mist,

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing problems with your Mr Site account. I am a senior member of the technical support team and I feel I have to assure you that we are here to help, we are open Monday to Friday from 9:30 to 17:30. Please feel free to contact us via phone, email or Live Chat, details you can find at the following link http://www.mrsite.co.uk/contact_us.asp

I will be more than happy to assist you personally, please refer to myself when you contact us within the hours provided and I will investigate for you. Alternatively you can receive technical support via our Live Chat facility operating 24/7 via our online support team.

Kind regards,
Tasos
Mr Site Ltd
#61948 by began steele Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:35 am
I hope that's the story sorted out now. Mr Site seem to putting house in order-- maybe. It would be nice to think the OP comes back with glowing reports. That is up to you "MrSiteSupport ", and we hope you will respond to any scam reports that go to you in the future, with a keen desire to remove the offenders promptly. None of us are paid a cent for our considerable expertise, and all the work on this site is for benefit of others and carried out with good faith.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.