Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#9783 by bih-partisan Tue May 19, 2009 2:34 pm
Hi,
http://www.voicetelny.com/index.html

Can anyone help me determine if this site is legitimate, please? I discovered today that this company issued a debit transaction (ACH) against a business acount of mine. I believe that we have never done business with this company and that we've never authorized a debit transaction. The site looks suspect to me because the telephone numbers (which answer with a voicemail saying "all our representatives are busy") for every location are the same numbers.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement

#9794 by AlanJones Tue May 19, 2009 3:45 pm
Hi bih-partisan welcome to scamwarners

I've taken a look at the site and it does not look like it a standard scam site. The site has been registered since 2006 and is currently registered until October 2010 (most fraudulent sites are only registered for a 1 year period).

I also did a search for VoiceTel on Google and couldn't find anything negative about them listed.

I'm in the UK, so I'm not familiar with the rules regarding ACH debits, but I would suggest that you contact your bank and tell them that the debit has not been authorised.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#9796 by Dan Jones Tue May 19, 2009 3:48 pm
I'm not really all that knowledgable about fake sites, but I've had a bit of a dig.

The site was registered in October 2006 for 4 years - which is a tick on the real side.
The copyright falls within the period of site activity - Real
They don't run their own email server and use gmail instead - Fake/shoddy
Looking around the net, I find his profile and links to this business on other sites. - Real

I can't find any complaints against them or their methods. It could very well be that they have charged you in error. Keep trying to get hold of them to sort it out and let us know how it goes.

If another member of this site can find any info on this subject, you can be sure they will post it here.
#9805 by bih-partisan Tue May 19, 2009 4:34 pm
Thanks for your replies. I've left them voice and emails but they don't respond. My bank has put in a stop to prevent them from further charges and I've disputed the existing charge. I also looked at their whois info and came tothe conclusion that they've at least had that site for a while, although the telephone numbers look scammy. I suppose that it's possble that the charge was a legitimate error of some sort...

I'll try to post a result once I get more info.
#9806 by The Enchantress Tue May 19, 2009 4:45 pm
I have had a sitekiller looking into this;

The conclusions are;

My 1st impression is that it is a fake Although the domain was registered in 2007 which makes it quite old.

2 of the testimonials on this page http://www.voicetelny.com/testimonials.html were copied from this legitimate website http://www.imagelineonhold.com/testimonials.html

The use of the same email address [email protected] for all locations is also not a sign of a legitimate company. This page http://www.voicetelny.com/contact.html shows multiple locations. How can email all go to one address.

I will get someone to dig further.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#9826 by AlanJones Wed May 20, 2009 1:19 am
Ive done a bit more research now and here's my thoughts.

Plus points
  • The domain has been registered since 2006
  • The domain is on a 2 year renewal that expires in Oct 2010
  • The phone number on the website 212.315.4400 is registered to QBD Media who's name appears on the website.
  • I did a Google maps search of the address and QBD Media are listed as being at that address.
Minus points
  • They use a gmail address for email
  • They have a testimonial that appears on another site - but who can tell who stole from who?
On the balance of things, I would say that they are a legitimate company and this appears to be a mistake.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#9837 by Dora Wed May 20, 2009 3:35 am
I have taken a look at this too. I noticed that several of the pages of content that seems to be copied from several other similar sites. However, that doesn't make it fraudulent in and of itself.

I can't see anything that makes me think this is a fake site. To me, I have to agree with B8er ^^^, it is a legitimate business that has either made a mistake or possibly is one that maybe one might not want to be doing business with. :?

But without more information, I would say, a fake site it is not.

edited cause I get B8er's name wrong! :oops:
Last edited by Dora on Wed May 20, 2009 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
#9843 by Ralph Wed May 20, 2009 9:13 am
@ Bi Partisan

You have the opinions of some experienced site killers who are agreeing the site is NOT fake, please let us know how you get on with them or include any aditional information you may find.

For you, the site being legit is good news, if it was fake you would have absolutely no chance of getting money back, at least with it being legit you have a hope of a satisfactory outcome.

In the meantime, I can only suggest that anybody considering using the people behind this website take extra precautions or even avoid them until such time as they able able to sort this mess out :wink:

Thank you to all of those who have done work on finding out about this site, you all know who you are :wink: