Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#9978 by Pinky Mon May 25, 2009 10:11 am
First, hello again to my old friends here and from Eater. I'm still in business fighting the scammers, but mostly stick to the romancers these days (I hate them most of all), so you'll find me most active over on Romancescam.com. I'm Pinky there, too.

Now down to business: A new member on Romancescam, posted up a gang of romance scammers that are also using a fake shipping web site. I remembered from my Eater days there were folks there who specialized in taking down fake sites, so I went to post it up there. For some odd reason their Fake Banks and Sites forum is 'offline'. I don't know what that means, but yours is working here, so I am posting this, hoping someone will either tell me what I should do or maybe take on the task themselves, to get this fake site pulled down.

I hope it's ok to post a link to the RS post here: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 4276#94276. If not, then here's the link directly to the fake site: FAKE SHIPPING SITE

Anything is possible!
Advertisement

#9979 by Dan Jones Mon May 25, 2009 10:37 am
Hey Pinky, Eater has two fake site forums. One for live sites that need shutting down and one for sites that have been shut down - the offline one that you spotted.

A few of the sike killers pop on here, so it should be taken care of soonish.
#9980 by AlanJones Mon May 25, 2009 11:12 am
Hi Pinky,

I've listed the site on Eater and as soon as it gets added to the DB I will get it killed.

It would be helpful if you could provide an email (with headers) linking the site to a particular scam.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#9981 by Pinky Mon May 25, 2009 11:49 am
Hi guys! I knew I put that out to good hands! I don't have any more information other than what's in the post on romance scam. There was a header in that post. Thanks for your support.

Anything is possible!
#9999 by Ralph Tue May 26, 2009 7:06 am
Hi Pinky

Glad to have you drop by, you are always welcome to and no problem linking to www.romancescam.com I have done it myself once or twice, we are fighting the same fight and the information provided there on love scammers has helped me many times to prove a scam, I have also used.www.scamdigger.com a few times to great effect.

If you do have any new members ask about fake sites, please try and get some evidence from them by way of an incriminating email complete with header and link to the site, if not our site killers may need to do it themselves which slows down the process a little

Linking to the RS thread where is is posted is fine as well but as you have done here a link to the URL will help any potential victims who may do a search on the name of the site