Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#10650 by drcdt1999 Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:33 am
OK these people are professional frauds!!! I submitted an application online for a no creidt check loan and Jordin Oneil responded and said she was from Universal Lending and I was approved for $10,000 loan and needed to wire her $635 western union I was very unsure and scared of being fraud and she assured me they are real, they even spoke to my banker at the the bank. They said they were affiliated with Hilcroft lending. When it was time for my money to arrive and it did not then I called and was directed to her supervisor and she tried to get me to send her $800 more so it could be FED EX to me, well my banker advised against this so I cancelled with her and told her I wanted my money back she said it would be 2 weeks till I got it, well guess what 2 weeks come and gone. Now here is the good part if you try this get 2 emails one for your real email and one for only this stuff, forward all responses to your REAL email because what this company did was used my personal information, obtained my password, went into my email and erased all (or what they thought was all) emails to cover their tracks, however there are recoveries out there and the stupid person on the other side deleted the emails AS I was on the email account to so I obtained the ISP address of where they were when they did this.
I have checked into alot of things since this and my one word of advise is if someone offers you money and the interest rate is low and they offer you alot of money the only thing you will get is a headache while you try to recover what you already lost
Advertisement

#10651 by Jillian Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:02 am
Hi and welcome to ScamWarners, drcdt1999. I'm sorry to hear that you were a victim to a loan scam. We have seen a similar scam with many victims last fall. You may find some helpful information on this thread: Cedarbrook Lending Scam link

If your account was phished or hacked and the scammers have a lot of your person information, you should take steps to secure it.

Please visit the FTC's website on identity theft prevention: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/

If you post more information here about the scammers, including names, email accounts, etc, particularly early scripted emails you received from them, these will show up in internet searches and could save other people from falling victim to the same scam.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners