Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#81736 by Des123 Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:53 pm
Its been a long time since I ordered an item worth £200 from baymobile, nearly a month. They claim that they will deliver the very next day but because I ordered after Christmas when there was a bank holiday coming up as well they said to me it will take an extra day or 2. the first week went by and after they said that they couldn't dispatch the item because of the holidays whereas there was only one bank holiday on Monday and they had 4 days after that. I had payed via paysafecard and I got confirmation emails from them saying that I have paid and the money has been sent to the Halifax bank account. However, when I checked my payment history in my paysafecard account it stated that I had paid to 2 different websites which was a total shock. I phoned up paysafecard and after telling the, the whole story they gave an ID number for my case and told me that I had become a victim of fraud and advised me to go to the police straight away. Anyways, I tried going bank on baymobile's site but it said it had been suspended, however after 5 days I went back on it again and it was working fine and I emailed them asking about how they could justify this. The reason I did this was because I cam across two forums which claimed them to be fraud and there would be a comment from baymobile saying that this is a lie and 'deliveries can be late' but how late, hence I wanted to see what their answer would be but guess what, they did not reply to me but here's the interesting thing: during the third week my friend sent them an email on a Tuesday saying that he wanted to buy an item and that how long will it take to get to him and they said he will get it on Wednesday whereas they hadn't replied to my messages. My friend then sent an email saying that if they hadn't dispatched my order for 3 weeks then how on earth will he get his. The guy them started making excuses and said that there were some technical problems and they are now trying to ensure that all orders are dispatched my Friday. He asked him for my email address and then sent me an email saying that you will recieve your product on Friday. Friday came and I didn't recieve anything at all and then I sent an email asking and they said they couldn't dispatch it (without giving any reason) and that they would try on Monday because of the weekend. When Monday came, there was no confirmation email about the dispatch and I have been emailing them ever since but no one has replied, this is what you can 'buy' on baymobile.co.uk and I have all the screenshots of the payment confirmation emails and the other ones as well. Also, on some previous forums I came across baymobile posted a comment saying that these claims against us are all lies but save it, I've actually gone through this unforgettable experience although if you think the delivery was still not made due to 'technical problems' then message me and we will see what you'll do about it. But I'm sure it will be the same old procedure of prolonging it.
Advertisement

#81737 by Des123 Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:56 pm
Its been a long time since I ordered an item worth £200 from baymobile, nearly a month. They claim that they will deliver the very next day but because I ordered after Christmas when there was a bank holiday coming up as well they said to me it will take an extra day or 2. the first week went by and after they said that they couldn't dispatch the item because of the holidays whereas there was only one bank holiday on Monday and they had 4 days after that. I had payed via paysafecard and I got confirmation emails from them saying that I have paid and the money has been sent to the Halifax bank account. However, when I checked my payment history in my paysafecard account it stated that I had paid to 2 different websites which was a total shock. I phoned up paysafecard and after telling the, the whole story they gave an ID number for my case and told me that I had become a victim of fraud and advised me to go to the police straight away. Anyways, I tried going bank on baymobile's site but it said it had been suspended, however after 5 days I went back on it again and it was working fine and I emailed them asking about how they could justify this. The reason I did this was because I cam across two forums which claimed them to be fraud and there would be a comment from baymobile saying that this is a lie and 'deliveries can be late' but how late, hence I wanted to see what their answer would be but guess what, they did not reply to me but here's the interesting thing: during the third week my friend sent them an email on a Tuesday saying that he wanted to buy an item and that how long will it take to get to him and they said he will get it on Wednesday whereas they hadn't replied to my messages. My friend then sent an email saying that if they hadn't dispatched my order for 3 weeks then how on earth will he get his. The guy them started making excuses and said that there were some technical problems and they are now trying to ensure that all orders are dispatched my Friday. He asked him for my email address and then sent me an email saying that you will recieve your product on Friday. Friday came and I didn't recieve anything at all and then I sent an email asking and they said they couldn't dispatch it (without giving any reason) and that they would try on Monday because of the weekend. When Monday came, there was no confirmation email about the dispatch and I have been emailing them ever since but no one has replied, this is what you can 'buy' on baymobile.co.uk and I have all the screenshots of the payment confirmation emails and the other ones as well. Also, on some previous forums I came across baymobile posted a comment saying that these claims against us are all lies but save it, I've actually gone through this unforgettable experience although if you think the delivery was still not made due to 'technical problems' then message me and we will see what you'll do about it. But I'm sure it will be the same old procedure of prolonging it.
#81811 by Bubbles Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:07 am
I brought these two posts on the same topic together so we don't have to chase them all over the site. Replies will be found in the same place.

Bubbles

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#82331 by twangy Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:54 am
Despite my age and experience I did not know better, I ordered an item from Baymobile for over £200 and paid through my bank, as you would a normal bill. I have not heard from baymobile yet and believe I may have been scammed. Its been almost a week, if I hear anything will let you all know.

Regards to all

Should have known better !!!
#82346 by Dotti Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:03 am
Unfortunately, there is no doubt the site is a scam:

http://www.scamwarners.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29476&p=78725

Site killers will continue to work on getting this site down. Unfortunately, in some cases it takes longer to gather sufficient evidence to have a fake site killed.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#83989 by VG1984 Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:14 pm
I have also ordered a phone around the same time, no website, no email nothing..
Contacted consumer direct, told me to send a letter to the (supposedly) address of baymobile (even though I told them it was a fake address)...Got a phone call from a real estate agent in Swansea!
I have reported the case to Actionfraud, but I think I won't be hearing from then anyway...
What is frustrating is that I have done a bank transfer to pay for the phone and I would have thought that the police would be able to get access to this person through the bank details, but all I can find about victims of fraud is that no one gets their money back. It makes me wonder what kind of lesson do we take from all of this...yeah, do not fall for these scams is one and the other one is that the people behind scams can get away with it.
#84006 by Bubbles Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:42 am
Welcome VG1984,

I am sorry you got scammed in this way. I don't want to rub salt into an open wound. There is a saying If is seems too good to be true, it probably isn't true.

Everyone wants to save money. Scammers and con artists take advantage of this desire all of the time. Sad.y, many people think that a website proves legitimacy. It does not, just as having a business name does not make a legitimate business.

I hope that you will read around the forum here and learn what to watch for on the internet. There are signs one can look for to see if they are dealing with a fraud / scam / con.

Too often scammers keep a bank account open for a short time because they know they could be tracked through that medium. The also use mules to launder the money so it is not directly linked to them. Many scammers are seasoned criminals and know the holes to slither through. Eventually it comes down to the buyer to beware and protect themselves. We try to educate to help people be more aware of the dangers.

With electronics, it is best to buy from a location you can return problems to and get service and advice face to face. This is no guarantee either though. Check references and business rating services before putting your hard earned money on the line.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.