Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#110225 by AlanJones Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:58 am
Taken from this thread here viewtopic.php?p=109325#p109325.

I am investigating this site, but have given it its own thread so that would be victims can find it and make their own mind up about whether to do business with the company.

So far the evidence I have of them being a fake site is

They claim to have been in existence since 2011, but the website was only registered in March 2012. Also, the registrant of the site is hiding behind privacy protection - not something a legitimate UK limited company would do.

The images on this page http://www.worldwide-agri-machinery.com/profile.php of their "team" have been stolen from other sites. For example the picture of William Mattock is stolen from http://agents.royallepage.ca/AndyAldred and the other 3 are stolen from similar sites, as can be seen here http://www.rlproyalcity.com/sales_representatives.

They claim to be a trading name of London Plant Sales LTD, whom I'm trying to contact to see if they admit to being anything to do with the website.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#110233 by AlanJones Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:27 am
More evidence -

The majority of the site is copied from here http://www.cormacleonard.com/index.php which appears to be a legitimate site, as the phone number quoted on the site matches the one given by directory enquiries.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#110238 by AlanJones Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:36 am
The email address used by these scammers is [email protected].

#110247 by AlanJones Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:38 pm
The website has now been suspended.

#110344 by Safe_Collects Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:37 am
First post on this board as we stumbled across this post investigating the above company.

At this time we can confirm we are acting on behalf of a client that has made a payment in advance to this company and no goods have been received. Our initial investigations reveal that London Plant Sales Ltd is a UK registered company with a registered number of 07849642.

The address listed on the website is an accountants practice, having spoken to the accountants they assure us the company is legitimate but unrelated to the worldwide-agri-machinery.com website.

However we are unable to verify this information independently as we are unable to reach the Director by telephone.

We would strongly urge any company to exercise EXTREME CAUTION in dealing with this company in any way.
#110348 by AlanJones Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:19 am
Hi Safe_collects and welcome to ScamWarners

Safe_Collects wrote:We would strongly urge any company to exercise EXTREME CAUTION in dealing with this company in any way.

I would go further than that and say do not have any dealings with the scammers that are using the name Worldwide Agri Machinery.

There is no company, just a scammer or group of scammers (probably based somewhere in Eastern Europe at a guess) and they have no machinery to sell.

#110395 by Dupe Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:28 pm
Hi,

I'm a victum of these firm. Last month we would like to buy a machine from these firm. He called us up for a confirmation by phone and after that he maild us the invoice and agreement. We had to pay first the amount and he promised after receiving the payment that the transport would be arranged. After 2 weeks we asked to him, when will be the delivery, he told us (by mail) it would be on monday. That monday there was nothing. We asked him what the problem was and he told us that there was a problem with the tranport. And that the delivery will be there on friday. But nothing.
When he told us that there was a problem with the delivery, we thought there was something wrong.
And now we knew, it is not good.

Now we need more information (a lot of information) for the declaration.

Hopefully I can find more information here.

Kind regards
#110479 by pastelka Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:39 am
Hello to all.
I also have become to victime from this company tree weeks ago.
Can you give some advice what to do to get my money back?
Is there some chance to get the money back?

Is there some authority where could i claim against this company?
I am not from Great Britain.

Are there any other steps which i have to do to secure my self when you where spoken also about using personal data?

Thanks in advance.
#110482 by AlanJones Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:47 am
Hello pastelka and welcome to ScamWarners.

I am sorry to hear that you have been scammed by these individuals.

I assume that you paid for your item by bank transfer, as this seems to be the preferred method of payment that these scammers use, to a bank account in the UK. It is unlikely that you will get your money back, as the real scammers are unlikely to be in the UK and are acting annonymously. Your best course of action would be to speak to your bank and see what they say. It would also be a good idea to report the crime to your local police, although they are unlikely to investigate, but at least the crime will be reported and you can tell your bank this.

As to your personal data, the scammers are unlikely to do anything with this, as all they are interested in is stealling your money through the fraudulent website.

#110501 by klekon Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:40 am
Hello to all.

I also have become to victime from this company two weeks ago.
Im from the Netherlands and I try to get back my money by a Dutch Bank.

They started again with "www.london-plant-sales-ltd.com"

Kind regards.
#110504 by AlanJones Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:05 am
Hellok klekon and welcome to ScamWarners.

I am sorry to hear that you were the victim of these scammers.

Thank you for posting the details of the new domain that they are using. I will set up a new thread with details of that domain, so that would be victims can find it.

#110588 by sew114 Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:49 pm
klekon wrote:Hello to all.

I also have become to victime from this company two weeks ago.
Im from the Netherlands and I try to get back my money by a Dutch Bank.

They started again with "www.london-plant-sales-ltd.com"

Kind regards.

Hello I would like to come in contact with you about these scams
Mod edit: email address removed. Please use PM's for safety. - CW
#111264 by Dupe Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:51 am
Hi all,

I am a victim of this scam and now I am looking for other victims so that together we can pass on as much evidence to the police. I have already reported to the police via internet scams and a message is sent to the English bank. The police notified us as an isolated case is that they can do little or nothing so I ask other victims in Belgium and the Netherlands to report it. I also see if I can make a declaration in England, maybe they know more about these scammers. I hope for a positive responds from you. Meanwhile they go by without any shame. They have a new site in the air. These crooks must be stopped. Again I hope for some positive reaction. Please send me a PM.

Kind regards,

Dupe
#111587 by John Deere Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
We are victims of these people also.....

Payed for a mini tractor,but recieved NOTHING!!!
We are from Belgium,we contacted our bank and the local police but they can do little/nothing....

Greets
#112087 by vett Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:56 am
Unfortunately I am also a victim of this scam. I'm afraid I've lost my money. Yesterday they would bring the mini tractor. When they did not come I did look to their site.
Unfortunately this site does not longer exist. I'm from the Netherlands and I'm now in France. Should there be a chance that joint action helps then I would be glad to do. If there are any tips please give. I think it is too late for me but for new hard working people it maybe can help.