Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#115592 by ronlux329 Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:19 pm
Hi everyone, i have been looking at a pair of Beats Headphones and found them on sale at this website for £99. I have tried researching the website as i was surprised at the cost but have not found any information as of yet. I would be really grateful if someone could tell me if this website is a fake or not.

Thanks
Advertisement

#115687 by Bubbles Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:33 pm
This site has been registered for more than a year. Typically scammers do not register a domain for more than a year.

WE cannot tell you that this is a legitimate website. We do not make recommendations regarding websites or web sellers. If you are in doubt, it is good to be cautious. Personally, I do not buy from sellers who do not have a store front presence, where I can return items if there are any problems.

If they want payment by Western Union or any other money transfer service, you can be sure it is a scam.

Whois information for domain: Eshopper-uk.co.uk

Eshopper-uk.co.uk
IP address: 81.21.76.62
Registrar: Nominet UK (Sponsor: Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-reg [Tag = 123-REG])
Referrer: http://www.monimet.uk
Created: 2011-02-15
Updated: 2011-02-17
Name Server: ns.123-reg.co.uk
Name Server: ns2.123-reg.co.uk

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#117702 by jmdcam Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:46 am
Hi there

Was looking for the same (Dr Dre beats) and came across the Eshopper-UK site.

Did you end up buying the headphones and was the site legitimate?

Thanks a lot
#117710 by Mike Wilson Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:41 am
Red flags for this site;

Unencrypted registration page.
No telephone number or address listed. How would you contact them if you have a problem?

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon