Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#131745 by Solowarm Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:44 pm
Last week I was looking at some fake fashion websites.

They're fake because the website is registered for 12 months only, there's no business address or contact phone number, the website registrant details were clearly fabricated and used freemail email accounts. Some detail on their website was also incomplete. I also noticed how similar the website templates were. Same fashion photos, same layaout, same product photos with everything at heavily reduced prices to what you would pay for that genuine brand elsewhere. There's a good chance most of these will just take your money and not supply (or as what seems to be the case more recently - will ship you a household sponge), or else you'll get a very poor quality fake copy.

With many of these sites, English is not their first language, and you can usually see a few grammar errors fairly easily.

I found an unusual term, and on Googling it, I came up with over 30+ pages and several hundred (I stopped looking at them) of these fake sites.

You might want to check out this phrase below too, and avoid any sites associated with it:

‘All ordered items here are closely to the word here "what you see on our website are what you get in 7days"
Advertisement