Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#158161 by Brady42095 Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:10 pm
I am trying to buy a four wheeler from this guy that used to live in my state. But now he is moving to London, United Kingdom for his job, the bike is now in Olympia, WA and his wife is going to ship it to me. The website that he told me to go to is Courier Freight Inc. that ships vehicle around the world. So far what I have looked at on this website is that it seems legit but I would like to have more peoples opinion on it.
Advertisement

#158814 by wcoveno Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:16 pm
Trying to use the same firm, can't find out if they are real. They want me to wire funds to a bank in the UK? does any one know if they are OK?
#158815 by Mike Wilson Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:36 pm
Hello Brady42095 and wcoven, Welcome to Scmwarners.

From what little you have posted this sounds like a scam. Please post the emails that directed you to the the web site and we will be able to give you a better answer.

Edit to add
If this is the website then it is a scam

http://www.courierfreightinc.com

The website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#158817 by wcoveno Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:21 AM
To: <removed> MW
Subject: payment information

My wife has already deposited the Gator at the shipping company warehouse ... i have started and accepted the transaction and also received a copy of the invoice ... now i'm waiting from you to complete the payment so the shipping can be started to your address .... in order to complete the payment you have to make a bank wire transfer for the amount of $3500 to the shipping company bank account:

Bank Account Details:

Account Name: Courier Freight / Bakos Peter
Sort Code: 204273
Account Number: GB97BARC20427373284042
Swift Code: BARCGB22
Bank Name: Barclays Bank
Bank Address: 193 Camden High St.
Zip Code: NW1 7PJ
City: London

After you complete the wire transfer you have to send a scanned copy of your wire transfer receipt along with our transaction # to [email protected] so you can confirm your payment .... let me know after the wire transfer is complete ... also after the shipping is started you will receive a tracking # so you can track the JD during the shipping process .

Thank you.
#159518 by Countryboy Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:14 pm
Man he did the same thing to me. He told me that his wife had deposited the atv at the courier shipping Inc to be delivered to me too. That I was suppose to send the money to the freight company and that they would hold it till I received the atv and ok'd it. Then I was suppose to contact the freight co. And then they would release the money. And I'm sure it's the same atv. A 2012 brute force. He wants 4500 for it.
#159520 by Jillian Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:29 pm
Welcome countryboy. Thanks for adding to this topic.
Please note that the ad the scammer has placed is fake, and likely copied from someone else's real ad. He doesn't have an atv. The scammer is also playing the role of the supposed courier.
Please let us know if you have any questions about the scam. :D

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#159552 by rllera Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:56 pm
Courier Freight Inc

11:22 AM (9 hours ago)

to me
Dear valued customer,

We have checked and Mr. Peter Chandler has already deposited a 2009
Polaris RZR 800 EFI 4X4 Camo at our warehouse. Also we have already
inspected the Polaris along with all the papers and everything is clear.

Peter Chandler

Mar 26 (1 day ago)

to me
My wife has already deposited the RZR at the shipping company warehouse ... i have started and accepted the transaction and also received a copy of the invoice ... now i'm waiting from you to complete the payment so the shipping can be started to your address .... in order to complete the payment you have to make a bank wire transfer for the amount of $5200 to the shipping company bank account :

Bank Account Details:

Account Name: Courier Freight / Bakos Peter
Sort Code: 204273
Account Number: GB97BARC20427373284042
Swift Code: BARCGB22
Bank Name: Barclays Bank
Bank Address: 193 Camden High St.
Zip Code: NW1 7PJ
City: London

After you complete the wire transfer you have to send a scanned copy of your wire transfer receipt along with our transaction # to [email protected] so you can confirm your payment .... let me know after the wire transfer is complete ... also after the shipping is started you will receive a tracking # so you can track the RZR during the shipping process .

Thank you.
#160627 by Danny212 Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:06 pm
We'll I am a victim of this courier freight inc. I sent 6800.00 to purchase a razor 900. My bank is trying to pull the money back.