Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
Advertisement

#167829 by TerranceBoyce Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:10 am
Sorry Martin but there's a new one up and running.

http://mpoplantltd.com

mpoplantltd.com

The important thing is that we spot them and flag them up for termination as quickly as possible.

I'll give it a new thread on the forum.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#167848 by martin o'sullivan Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:34 am
Good spot terenceboyce !!

im glad they have removed my details form the site but they have used someone elses name and address in my town so I will gladly be informing these people at the address this afternoon.

I think that you are right that they read these forum, and if you are reading this you scumbags I wont give up on chasing you until all traces of my name and address are removed. !!

Please let me know the new thread when you start it so I can keep an eye on it
#167875 by martin o'sullivan Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:56 pm
The dirty bastards have uploaded one of my photos from ebay onto their site mpoplantltd.com I didnt want to mention my ebay account on this forum as I didnt want these scammers linking it if they read these posts but it seems now that this is where they have got my details from.

They must have taken my VAT number from my ebay account and searched it on HMRC companies house and then taken my name and address.

The photo I am refering to is on the products page under the tab "other", this is my business selling hydraulic breakers and all those breakers in the photo are mine.

So a bit more information for those of you investigating.
#167940 by TerranceBoyce Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:48 pm
The most valuable and enlightening information is details of the bank account(s) that the fraudsters are using.

They have a dilemma in that they aren't going to be very successful without using bank accounts and, when they do, they are immediately identified. Worse still, if they portray themselves as dealers, a personal account isn't good enough. Setting up a company account has risks for the fraudster he probably doesn't fully comprehend.

Making the receipt of money the riskiest thing for a fraudster to do is the most effective way to combat them.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#168894 by martin o'sullivan Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:00 am
I am glad to say that I have managed to get most of the adverts taken down across Europe on the big plant websites and both mpoplantltd.com and mpo-plant.com have been disabled.

I will continually check these sites every few days to ensure that these scammers don't start using my details again.

If you have been cheated by these scammers I wish you good luck in trying to get your money back.