Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#169882 by inthestream Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:30 pm
As a owner of a Guesthouse in Mauritius I have just received a scam mail from the same sender as the one already posted in this forum.
See "Holiday Travel Magazine Scam
by flyonzewall on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:33 pm"

The scammer once used to send scam mails to Hotel property owners in Thailand, as I could find out.
NOW his target is Mauritius. The scammer changed his fake magazine name called "Holiday Travel Magazine" into "PURE TRAVEL MAGAZINE".

The site is: www.pure-travel-magazine.com

I have received this email:

To: …
Date: 26. Juni 2013 um 17:08
Subject: Your accommodation

Dear hotel owner / manager,

First of all let me introduce myself. I am Cindy Walker, sales and promotion manager of PURE Travel.

Pure Travel Magazine would like to invite you to advertise with us as we will launch a beautiful Mauritius special in August.
Your region will also be covered in a 3-4 page story. Therefore we are addressing you to invite you to participate as an Advertiser in our magazine with special rates for this issue only.

We are also happy to accept advertisements from smaller size accommodations; lodges, guest houses, BnB’ s etc.

You can promote your accommodation for as little as € 89 in our Mauritius special.

Pure Travel Magazine is a full size, full colour, high quality publication that many readers over the past years have come to rely on as one of their favourite travel magazines.

For more information about advertising have a look at the attached Rate Card.
Our website www.pure-travel-magazine.com provides much more information about the magazine including a preview of the magazine in PDF.

Thank you for your time spent reading this letter and the enclosed Rate Card. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours,

Cindy Walker

Sales and Promotion Manager of PURE Travel
[email protected]

Attachement as a pdf:

PURE Travel Magazine
ADVERTISING I NFORMATION
Thank you for your interest in advertising with PURE Travel Magazine. We value your support and look forward to working with you in
the future to come. Below, you will find information regarding our magazine and its advertising program. If you are to have
any questions regarding anything you see here, please contact us at: [email protected]
Readers audience
Pure Travel Magazine is distributed to:
United States 37.200 copies
United Kingdom 35.150 copies
Germany 17.800 copies
France 15.300 copies
The Netherlands 12.100 copies
Italy 9000 copies
Belgium 6500 copies
Affordable is Our Motto
Throughout the economic turmoil the last few years, Pure Travel
Magazine has remained unchanged when it c omes to pricing. We have,
by far, the cheapest advertising plan around. In fact, we haven’t raised
our prices – we’ve actually made things cheaper. Pure Travel Magazine
wishes to give our clients the best experience possible at the best
rate possible.
Advertising Design
We are glad to help you with your design in case you don’t have an ad
ready. (we don’t charge extra for this service)
Still Questions?
If you still have questions regarding advertising with us please contact Cindy
Walker at: [email protected]
Full Page Advert
Bleed Size
216 x 303mm
€ 399 € 289
½ Page Advert
(Landscape)
180 x 132mm
€ 249 € 149
¼ Page Advert
(Landscape)
180 x 63mm
€ 199 € 119
¼ Page Advert
(Portrait)
87 x 132mm
€ 179 € 89
Advertisement

#169886 by Dotti Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:07 am
They do seem a little confused. They can't decide whether they are called "Pure Traveler" or "Traveler."

The website claims:
Since its new launch in January 2012,

But the site registration tells a different story. And while we are at it, why would a travel magazine need to hide their registration details?
Domain Name: PURE-TRAVEL-MAGAZINE.COM
Registration Date: 05-Mar-2013
Expiration Date: 05-Mar-2014

Registrant Contact Details:
PrivacyProtect.org

I like this part:
Traveler Magazine online is intended as both an introduction to the magazine and extension of it, providing archived resource information on destinations and travel health, and offering samples of some of our wildest stories. But we’re also creating a community of travellers and for that we want you to get involved.

But somehow I don't think that the authors of Outpost Magazine would appreciate it, given the fact that the text has been stolen and reproduced from a write-up on their magazine: http://www.reiswijs.co.uk/links/travelmagazines/travelmagazines.html

A web search shows NO references to this magazine that supposedly has a subscriber base of over 80,000, other than another complaint about fraudulently selling ad space.

Yep--looks pretty darn fake.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.