Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#170240 by atkin Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:35 am
I am trying to identify a website used to send toolbar malware .The site is www.sweetim.sweetpacks.com it is a sub domain of www.sweetpacks.com that appears to be legitimate. The who is lookup says its hosted by godaddy.com but when I try to report the form reply is no domain listed.
Advertisement

#170278 by HannahsDad Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:19 pm
I'm afraid the subdomain appears just as legitimate as the domain. If you like that kind of thing :mrgreen:

About

SweetIM is passionate about innovating & developing content technologies and constantly looking for new cool ways for people to enjoy expressing themselves by the messenger experience. Meanwhile listening to our users to understand the latest trends and wishes about what’s hot and what’s not.

Our SweetIM software enhances messenger in fun and creative ways by adding Emoticons, Winks, Audibles, Display Pictures, Nudges and Games, enhancing the messaging experience Pumping it to a whole new level of fun, fresh and sometimes even crazy.

Our SweetIM Toolbar enhances the browsers experience by placing a new toolbar that allows to add favorite creative to any web based application including web based email such as Hotmail, Yahoo mail, Gmail, Web Forums, Blogs and so much more.

If you are sure it is malware then there is a support page where you can express your concerns. However on the basis that there is no such thing as a free piece of software then are you surprised when you additionally get adware, tracking software etc etc
About SweetPacks Offering:

SweetPacks Toolbar - Easily add Free Emoticons & Animations to your Webmail, Plus get quick access to 400+ Free Games. SweetPacks toolbar supports Internet Explorer and Firefox.
SweetPacks search homepage, default search and new tab provide you with powerful search tools in Internet Explorer, Firefox & Chrome Browsers.
Search Assistant offers suggestions when misspelling search requests or entering an incorrect web address in the URL address bar.
SweetPacks supports Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8.
During installation you may be offered additional useful applications: PriceGong and/or DealPly - Free Price Comparison Widgets.
You may skip or opt-out of any of the above components during installation. You can later easily remove any or all of these components

Get yourself Spybot Search & Destroy - priceless (and I paid!)