Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#180078 by piotr29 Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:31 am
Ridgway-machinery.com

RIDGWAY LTD
Ridgway Business Park
St Martin’s
Shropshire
SY11 3PZ
United Kingdom

Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 151 528 8298
Fax: +44 151 210 2598

BE AWARE, THIS IS THE SAME SCAMMER - CONSTPLANT LTD AND ES-MACHINERY. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.
Advertisement

#180357 by Ridgway Rentals Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:42 am
Our company is Ridgway Rentals Ltd, there is a company advertising as Ridgway Machinery using our address, vat no & company number.
Our contact details are as follows Ridgway Rentals ltd, www.ridgwayrentals.com, phone 01691770171 Free phone 0800515155, e mail [email protected]. If your not using these contact details your not dealing with Ridgway Rentals.
#180374 by TerranceBoyce Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:56 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Ridgway Rentals and I regret that you are being targeted by this organised criminal operation. This has happened to many hundreds of UK companies and, apart from the victims who lose money to these criminals it is also bound to affect the honest traders they impersonate, either through losing trade or by creating doubt and concern in the minds of potential buyers.

I'll post full details of the fraudulent website of the criminal impersonators and make sure that it is clear that it is not in any way associated with your company. The situation is appalling for all those affected and I feel strongly that the UK government needs to take firm action against these people which wouldn't be difficult. Trade is hard enough without having to cope with this sort of thing and the UK has become a safe haven for organised criminal groups. The first thing is to shut down the bank accounts they're using and make sure they aren't able to open them so easily.

The prime obligation of any government is to protect it's citizens, which would include its companies and this would also protect foreign victims of these criminals, and yet our government is functionally impotent. With an election coming up now is the time to apply pressure. The victims who have lost money will never get their money back, but UK businesses can at least do something to attempt to limit the harm these people do to them.

Just now another member has reported one more fraudulent impersonation of a UK company to me. The situation is out of control.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle