Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#182920 by nogginthenog Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:14 am
This is the latest in a series of web sites using the name Carney and an address in Staffordshire. The name and address is that of a genuine agricultural engineer and farm, however the farm and the carney's have no knowledge or connection with these sites.

This URL was disclosed by a visitor to the farm who had traveled from France to view equipment.

I will continue to report these sites to the domain hosts and to the local and national law enforcement, in the hope that eventually something will be done to stop this scam permanently.
Advertisement

#182931 by TerranceBoyce Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:30 pm
http://www.carney-construction.com/

carney-construction.com

I really wished that I could believe that there was a chance the UK government and/or police would do something about these scammers nogginthenog, but so far they appear more interested in conducting their own playground spats with each other. I've added as much detail as possible to increase the chances of any potential victim being led here if they perform a Google search. Of course, the details they quote are either fake or stolen from an innocent party.

BISHTON LANE
WOLSELEY BRIDGE , STAFFORD
ST18 0XD
United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 1213 189 695

Fax: +44 1785 508 012

carney-construction.com
Registrar Info
Name TODAYNIC.COM, INC.
Whois Server whois.todaynic.com
Referral URL http://www.NOW.CN
Status clientTransferProhibited
Important Dates
Expires On October 24, 2014
Registered On October 24, 2013
Updated On November 21, 2013
Name Servers
ns1.ligag.ru
ns2.ligag.ru
ns3.ligag.ru
ns4.ligag.ru
Site Status
Status inactive
Traffic Info
Raw Registrar Data
Dear Valued Customer,

Domain name: carney-construction.com

Protection Status: public
( make contact info private at http://www.now.cn/domain/domainPrivate.php )

Registrant:
Name: Joe Brennan
Organization: N/A
Address: 91 Argyll Road
City: Llandegwning
Province/state: GWYNEDD
Postal Code: LL53 5BJ

Administrative Contact:
Phone: +44.7787075861
Fax: +44.7787075861
Email: @carney-construction.com

Technical Contact:

Nameserver Information:
ns1.ligag.ru
ns2.ligag.ru
ns3.ligag.ru
ns4.ligag.ru

Create: 2013-10-24 20:18:24
Update: 2013-11-22
Expired: 2014-10-24

The scammers are East European and they target victims on the continent and will be spamming European construction and farming vehicle website with details of their fraudulent offers, using the website to attempt to support their crime.

Reading the terms and conditions on fraudulent websites is often a good laugh though, as the intended victims will not be likely to be good English speakers, they probably won't notice. In defining the parties to the contract in excruciating detail it omits to define itself, and then doesn't correctly quote its own name.

The supplier will sell the Goods like is described on the web site.
That's sounds like my Arnie impersonation.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#183022 by HannahsDad Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:24 am
I always check the dial codes to see whether the telephone i s where the company is.

This site has a Birmingham ish telephone number
and a Stafford fax number.

However, I discover that this is not what it seems. Apparently I can buy a Stafford telephone number regardless of where I am. See http://www.callsure07050.co.uk/ukgeo/to ... _01785.php

Buy Stafford 01785 Telephone Numbers

There are currently 4 Types of Service available with our Stafford 01785 numbers:

Basic Stafford 01785 Phone numbers - DMConnect - Cost: £0.00 Setup Fee plus £5 per month (payable 12 months in advance) plus call charges to divert calls to Landlines. More Info Click Here

Enhanced Stafford 01785 Phone numbers - DMVoice - Cost: £19.95 Setup Fee plus £5 per month (payable 6 months in advance) plus call charges to divert calls to Landlines, Mobiles, or International Destinations. More Info Click Here

Stafford 01785 Fax to Email Numbers - DMFax - Cost: £19.95 Setup Fee plus £5 per month (payable 6 months in advance) plus call charges to divert faxes to Email. More Info Click Here

Switchboard Stafford 01785 Phone numbers - DM Switchboard - Cost: £19.95 Setup Fee plus £5 per month (payable 6 months in advance) plus call charges to divert calls to Landlines, Mobiles, or International Destinations. More Info Click Here

You can choose an 01785 Stafford telephone number by clicking on any of the Telephone Numbers Listed below. Then simply choose the service you want applied to the Number:

So UK geographic telephone numbers need not be anything of the sort anymore!

#183951 by TerranceBoyce Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:20 pm
One of the most important things to do is to ensure that the bank account involved in the fraud is reported and shut down. It's one thing we do our best to arrange by either contacting the bank or the authorities. One reason for targeting foreign victims may be that there is less likelihood of this happening (or it won't happen so quickly) with foreign authorities being involved.

The scammers' most valuable resource is their money laundering accounts and getting them closed down creates the greatest problems for them.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle