You can't win a lottery you haven't entered! Please read here for information on lottery scams.
#384 by Emma Jones Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:35 pm
Here's one that was sent to the admin email address for this site, and landed in our spam trap this evening. :lol: It is clever in a way because it does try to get round the usual argument with lotteries that you have to buy an entry ticket to win. On the other hand, the email was not actually addressed to us in the "to" line. That tells me that our address was on a BCC list, or a blind copy list. A scammer uses this facility to send out hundreds of emails at once without the other recipients seeing that they are one on a long list of email addresses the email is going to simultaneously. If I were the only winner, there would be no need for that at all.

Dear Beneficiary,

We wish to congratulate you over your email success in our computer balloting held on 11 de July 2007. This is a Millennium Scientific Computer Game in which email addresses were used. It is a promotional program aimed at encouraging internet users; therefore you do not need to buy ticket to enter for it. You have been approve for the star prize of US $950:000:00 (Nine Hundred And Fifty Thousand United State Dollars Only).

To claim your winning prize you are to contact the appointed agent as soon as possible for the immediate release of your winnings:
Mr. Fabain Botin.
Pacific Consultsa S.L.
Madrid Spain.
TEL:+34 697 717 816
E-mail:[email protected]
E-mail:[email protected]

(¡)Ref No: EMSPL/97/007/MA.
(¡¡)Batch No: EEMSPL/179/WAI
(¡¡¡)Ticket No: EMWLESP/1897/957
(iv)Lucky No: 11-34-75-54- 977
(v) Serial No: ESPL/07459

You must contact the appointed agent with your Full Names, Contact Telephone Numbers (Home, Office and Mobile Number and also Fax Number) via email to process the immediate payment of your prize.
The Validity period of the winnings is for 30 working days hence you are expected to make your claims immediately.

Once again congratulations !!!

Best Regards,
Anita Raynes(Mrs.)
(Group Coordinator)

Learn about scammers' fake sites at aa419. Report scams to the Internet Crime Complaint Centre at IC3.
Advertisement

#1118 by niecey Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:23 am
Hi, I have about 1/2 dozen of these email lottery scams in my inbox. Boy, did they have me convinced!!
But, when I got the email from these guys, I knew my suspicions had been warrented.

I am now happy going to totally ignore these scammers.

#1119 by SlayerFaith Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:34 am
Hey Niecey!
Welcome to Scam Warners!
Good to know that you realize that these are all scams now :D
Please feel free to post the ones from your inbox, including the scammers' details (minus your email address, of course) so that other folks can find their way here. The more formats and email addresses we get, the fewer folks will fall for this scam.
#1120 by niecey Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:55 am
Hi, yip I can do that. I am only too happy to help out someone else. :D
#1126 by niecey Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:44 am
Award Release Order.

ATTN:WINNER (REF: EML/8903-690/504)

Attached to this e-mail is the Award Release Order
Form, you are therefore advised to complete and send
it back to this office via Fax or Email attachment
within the next two working days.

This will enable the swift verification, processing
and transfer of your winning amount of
€750.000.00cents (Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand
Euro) into your account.

Congratulations once more, please be informed that
your total winning amount has been insured on your
name on a weekly-extended insurance premium.

Regards,
Ignacio Alemany Bellido
Claim Processing Agent
Euro Millones Loteria S.A

********PLEASE DO NOT DISCLOSE YOUR WINNING
INFORMATION TO ANYONE TO AVOID DOUBLE CLAIM*********

[quote]

This is the very latest one I have recieved tonight.
There are 2 attachments that lead to a 'authentic' looking form.

I have since decided not to let them lure me any more.
#1127 by niecey Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:48 am
[SPAM] CLAIMS APPROVED (CONTACT COURIER FOR DELIVERY)

MICROSOFT WORD LOTTERY UK
CLAIMS/ VERIFICATIONS DEPARTMENT
P.O.Box 275. 3b Olympic Way, Sefton Business Park,
Aintree, Liverpool , L30 1RD

DEAR:

CONGRATULATIONS!Thanks for your e-mail. This is to also confirm that we have recieved and confirmed your winning informations.

For more clarity, MICROSOFT WORD LOTTERY . Your e-mail address attached to ticket number:20-12DEC-2005-02MSW with Serial Number:S/N-00168 drew the Lucky Drew Numbers:887-13-865-37-10-83. and consequently won the lottery in the 1st category.

You have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of £500,000.00 GBP (FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS STERLING) credited to file REF NO: MSW-L/200-26937. All participants were selected through our microsoft computer ballot system drawn form 21,000 names,3,000 names from each continent, as part of International "E-MAIL" Promotions Program, which is conducted annually for our prominent MS WORD user all over the world, and for the continuous use of E-mail.

This is also to inform you that you have been cleared a winner of the MICROSOFT WORD LOTTERY. I am happy to let you know that we have forwarded your Original winning Certificate and your Certified bank cheque to the courier company.

Find below the details of the courier company.

GLOBAL COURIER SERVICES
ADDRESS: Rovex House, Hay Hall Rd. Tyseley,
Birmingham. B11 2AG. England.
EMAIL:[email protected]
TEL: +447045704607
+447045715840

Please note that considering the amount of money that is involved, we cannot enthrust the postage of your cheque in the hands of any other courier service apart for our affiliate.

You are adviced to contact the courier company for their courier cost of delivering your winning prize safely to you for immediate claim.

When contacting them,you are to include this order number as your subject.Please you are adviced to write down the order number and save it.

ORDER NUMBER:

Note: you are to Quote your complete names,Ref/Batch Numbers and your direct phone number so that they can honour your letter also do keep me updated with your communications with the courier company.Also note that the question on when and how to pay the courier cost will be answered by the courier company.

Furthermore, as soon as you receive your cheque from the courier company, you are to proceed to your bank in your country so that the full value of your cheque will be paid to you.

This means that your winning cheque is a certified cheque and as such can be cashed across the counter of any bank in your country.

Once again congratulations!!! from our members of staffs, We do hope that with part of your winnings you take part in Next year's Grand draws as we wish you a very blissful year.

Warm regards,
Mrs Vanessa white Scott

[quote][/quote]
#1128 by niecey Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:48 am
[quote="niecey"][SPAM] CLAIMS APPROVED (CONTACT COURIER FOR DELIVERY)

MICROSOFT WORD LOTTERY UK
CLAIMS/ VERIFICATIONS DEPARTMENT
P.O.Box 275. 3b Olympic Way, Sefton Business Park,
Aintree, Liverpool , L30 1RD

DEAR:

CONGRATULATIONS!Thanks for your e-mail. This is to also confirm that we have recieved and confirmed your winning informations.

For more clarity, MICROSOFT WORD LOTTERY . Your e-mail address attached to ticket number:20-12DEC-2005-02MSW with Serial Number:S/N-00168 drew the Lucky Drew Numbers:887-13-865-37-10-83. and consequently won the lottery in the 1st category.

You have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of £500,000.00 GBP (FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS STERLING) credited to file REF NO: MSW-L/200-26937. All participants were selected through our microsoft computer ballot system drawn form 21,000 names,3,000 names from each continent, as part of International "E-MAIL" Promotions Program, which is conducted annually for our prominent MS WORD user all over the world, and for the continuous use of E-mail.

This is also to inform you that you have been cleared a winner of the MICROSOFT WORD LOTTERY. I am happy to let you know that we have forwarded your Original winning Certificate and your Certified bank cheque to the courier company.

Find below the details of the courier company.

GLOBAL COURIER SERVICES
ADDRESS: Rovex House, Hay Hall Rd. Tyseley,
Birmingham. B11 2AG. England.
EMAIL:[email protected]
TEL: +447045704607
+447045715840

Please note that considering the amount of money that is involved, we cannot enthrust the postage of your cheque in the hands of any other courier service apart for our affiliate.

You are adviced to contact the courier company for their courier cost of delivering your winning prize safely to you for immediate claim.

When contacting them,you are to include this order number as your subject.Please you are adviced to write down the order number and save it.

ORDER NUMBER:

Note: you are to Quote your complete names,Ref/Batch Numbers and your direct phone number so that they can honour your letter also do keep me updated with your communications with the courier company.Also note that the question on when and how to pay the courier cost will be answered by the courier company.

Furthermore, as soon as you receive your cheque from the courier company, you are to proceed to your bank in your country so that the full value of your cheque will be paid to you.

This means that your winning cheque is a certified cheque and as such can be cashed across the counter of any bank in your country.

Once again congratulations!!! from our members of staffs, We do hope that with part of your winnings you take part in Next year's Grand draws as we wish you a very blissful year.

Warm regards,
Mrs Vanessa white Scott

#1131 by ChrisSmith Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:18 am
Hi Niecy.

When you post a scam letter, could you post the header as well? That gives us his email address and a lot of other information with which we're sometimes able to trace the scammer back to his point of origin.
If you've never seen a header before, look around the top or bottom of the email. You should see a little tab that says "View Full Header" or there will be an options button and it will be in there somewhere.

Well done on not falling for this one. Lottery scams are a bugger. They promise a dream but all you end up with is a nightmare.