You can't win a lottery you haven't entered! Please read here for information on lottery scams.
#4539 by Obi-Wan Knievel Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:36 am
Subject: Tremendous Assistance Needed.
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 23:01:24 -0700
To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Attention:

Certain, you will be surprised to receive this mail from me indeed, I sincerely apologize for the embarrassment this might cause you. However, I wish to state, that it is sincerely necessitated by my present plight and I pray you will readily be of tremendous assistance. I am Mr. Edward Kokoa i from Zimbabwe and the son of Mr. Joseph Kokoa who until recently was the Honorable Minister of Finance in the present Robert Mugabe Government in Zimbabwe.

Precisely, on The 24th of April 2005, the security goons of President Robert Mugabe in what was an excessive and unprecedented use of force arrested my father while still a Government Minister at our family house in Harare. He was arrested on the allegation that his building of a Thirty Million Rand (i.e. US$ 8 Million) beach front mansion in Llandudno, Cape Town, South Africa was in contravention of Zimbabwe's regulation on Foreign exchange control. Though, my father has repeatedly made it clear that he did not in anyway contravene this regulation, maintaining, that he was funding the housing project from funds he made through his business ventures and consultancy work outside Zimbabwe prior to his becoming a minister, and that the funds were never held nor transferred from Zimbabwean banks, charges, are yet to be laid against him in a court of law. For the past weeks since his arrest, my father has been held in solitary confinement and under severe inhuman conditions in the gulag of Mugabe despite several efforts and calls for him to be charged before a competent court or be released.

However, my family is undoubtedly aware of the underlying political intrigue and vendetta that is involved in this case than meets the eyes. It simply has to do with my fathers uncompromising stance against the oppressive polices and unwholesome activities of President Robert Mugabe, besides, my father's recent rising popularity within the ruling ZANU-PF party, and around the country and his touting as a possible successor to President Robert Mugabe. My family was aware, that Mugabe was very uncomfortable with this situation and knew, that it was matter of time before he moved against him, but, unfortunately, lest did we anticipated it in this most bizarre and barbaric manner. Being aware of Robert Mugabe's incidents, to say, that my father and the entire family entertain great concern and apprehension about his life and that of the other members of our family, is to state the obvious. It is obvious from his actions; President Robert Mugabe is out to destroy the family both politically financially and otherwise.

Presently, I have moved into Accra Ghana, where we have managed to gain asylum. However, the tactic support for President Mugabe from the present Ghana Government, coupled with the proximity of both countries makes our continued stay and hope for a future in Accra Ghana most risky and uncomfortable. In the meantime, I have been mandated by my father, to explore avenues and make every necessary arrangements immediately to move our only left fund, since others has been seized, out of this country and also make arrangements to resettle the rest of my family in any of such country. At present, I am desperately seeking your assistance in helping me retrieve the sum of Twenty six million Dollars ( $26million USD) being the total sum deposited with a security and finance company here in Osu Accra Ghana to your country for viable investment.

Unfortunately, under the recent Ghana Financial intelligence center Act (GICA) and the Exchange Control Regulations as a refugee I am highly constrained from personally retrieving and transferring this money out of Accra Ghana. However, this could easily be effected with the representation/assistance by a nationals of a different country apart from nationals of west African Development Countries, WADC, hence my writing.

For your assistance towards the successfully completion of this transaction, you will be entitled to 15% of the total sum involved, a further 5% of the total money will be set aside to cater for the expenses that might be encountered in the course of the transaction, while the remaining 80%will be for my families investment purposes. Please then, could you be of any assistance in lieu of this transaction, I kindly request that you contact me as soon as possible through the email address for further discussion.

However, against the backdrop of my safety and that of my entire family, I hope you appreciate more than ever the essence for the confidentiality of this transaction.

Do accept my highest considerations. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Edward Kokoa

Got a suspicious e-mail? Run it by The Scam Checklist to see if it's real.
Advertisement