You can't win a lottery you haven't entered! Please read here for information on lottery scams.
#11615 by Dora Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:35 am
No question about this, it is a SCAM!

IP: 202.117.3.11 China (Taiyüan)*

Delivered-To: @gmail.com
Received: by 10.216.13.69 with SMTP id a47cs47391wea;
Fri, 3 Jul 2009 16:52:45 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.114.67.17 with SMTP id p17mr2816094waa.203.1246665164036;
Fri, 03 Jul 2009 16:52:44 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from 3.11 ([202.117.3.11])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 16si4091673pzk.120.2009.07.03.16.52.42;
Fri, 03 Jul 2009 16:52:44 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 202.117.3.11 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) client-ip=202.117.3.11;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 202.117.3.11 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) [email protected]
Received: from 3.11 (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
by 3.11 (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id n63NqFk7007611
for <[email protected]>; Sat, 4 Jul 2009 07:52:15 +0800
Received: (from daemon@localhost)
by 3.11 (8.13.8/8.13.8/Submit) id n63NqFWj007610;
Sat, 4 Jul 2009 07:52:15 +0800
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 07:52:15 +0800
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
To: @gmail.com
Subject: Attention: Internet User (2009 GOOGLE ANNIVERSARY AWARD )
Reply-To: [email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Attention: True Winner,

Your email id emerged a winner of 2009 GMAIL ANNIVERSARY LOTTERY AWARD recently.

Officials in charge of relating the good news message to you did not RATHER they premeditated with the formal Remittance Director of the transfer bank (Natwest Bank, London) to get your award prize shared among themselves. Through the help of intelligent monitoring network system, we were able to find out the bad deed of the officials, we have been having so many complains from people whose fund have been diverted through this means.

After concluding in a meeting with UK Metropolitan Police, it was finally concluded that compensation payment of victims would be made through SG Hambros Bank Limited, London UK since the culprits has been brought to book according to law and fund retrieved.This is to inform you that we have just pass a NOTIFICATION to SG Hambros Bank Limited, to pay you the sum of £500,000.00 as soon as you notify them.

You are to forward the below personal details to Rev.Mark Williams, the claims agent to GMAIL ANNIVERSARY LOTTERY AWARD, London to whom you will send your information for the processing of your funds as soon as possible:

1. Full Name
2. Full Address (P.O box not acceptable)
3. Phone and fax #
4. Your age, sex and current occupation

Find Below his contact details:

Rev.Mark Williams
Phone: (+44) 703 590 0075
Email: [email protected]

You are to send to him all the necessary information he requires in order to help you redeem your prize.

Congratulations Once More!!!!!!

Yours Truly,

Timothy Green (Award Co-cordinator)

If you google '2009 GMAIL ANNIVERSARY LOTTERY AWARD' and you can see the results: Clicky

There is NO GMAIL lottery of any kind! The scammers will try to get your money by charging you 'fees' to collect your 'winnings'. And why would Gmail, whose headquarters are in the US, have a header pointing to China??

And quite simply, if you didn't sign up for a lottery, if you didn't purchase a ticket, you couldn't have won.

Edit -- remove email address -- Dora
Last edited by Dora on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#12272 by Jillian Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:46 am
Here's another Google Lotto scam email. There is no Google lotto. Note that the name (not email address) on the "from" account is [email protected] but the email isn't even actually mailed from a google account or from Google? The "to" field was blank. Apparently I wasn't so lucky after all, the scam was mass mailed to tons of people. As Dora just mentioned, you can't win a lottery you haven't entered. Since I'm in the USA, I can't have won a lottery in the UK. If you received this email, delete it.

from [email protected] <[email protected]>
reply-to [email protected]

to
dateSun, Aug 2, 2009 at 4:24 PM
subject Notification from Google Lotto Team!

Dear Sir/Madam,
Congratulations to you!! You have just been picked as one of our lucky
winners of £850,000 British Pounds in the on-going Google promotion
Your email address was attached to the following winning numbers that made
you one of our lucky winners for this year draw :Ticket number:
00869575733664, CGPN:7-22-71-00-66-12,Serial
numbers:BTD/8070447706/06,Lucky numbers:12-12-23-35-40-41(12).
For more info/ how to claim your winnings,contact the processing agent
(Mr. Grahams Benfield) with the email addresses below by sending your
winning numbers,full names, sex and location.
Agent E-mail(s):[email protected],[email protected].
Wishing you goodluck as you'll spend your fortune!!
Sincerely,Promo Coordinator

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#14121 by rosco Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:07 pm
Actualmente resido en Colombia :shock: , y me han llegado spam (50 en total desde hace dos meses) desde el Reino Unido, Costa de Marfil (Cote Di voire), desde Argelia, hong kong, con multiples premios, de herencias, de compartir una fortuna, de personas que estan enfermas y solicitan transferir su dinero millonario a algun sitio y te dan un porcentaje, etc...
He chequeado esos email, su IP y todas apuntan si efectivamente desde esos sitios, los he rastreado con sofware de seguimiento :twisted: , les he contestado con alusivas, (removed offensive language), les he persuadido que me envien primero algo de dinero pues les argumento que soy pobre, otras veces les digo que soy un fugitivo de la justicia y por tal no puedo recibir su dinero, les he dado cuentas falsas de bancos, total, parece que esos imbeciles no se dan cuenta de eso, que mi correo no debe prestarse a eso, pero siguen. Me imagino que usan software como mailbomber, hackmail, etc... (removed racist remark) se dedica a eso y hacen quedar mal al Africa...y lo peor en la mayoria de los paises no se castiga ni hay ley para esos individuos inescrupulosos.
:x
**************************************************************************************************************************
Currently residing in Colombia, and I have received spam (50 in total for two months) from the UK, Ivory Coast (Cote Di voire), from Algeria, hong kong, with multiple awards, inheritances, to share a fortune , people who are sick and seek to transfer their money millionaire somewhere and give you a percentage, etc ...
I checked these emails, your IP and they all point if indeed from these sites, I've tracked with tracking software, I answered them with allusions, I've sucked (removed offensive language) as we say here, I've persuaded you first send me some money for them argument that I am poor, sometimes they say I am a fugitive from justice and for that I can not get their money, I have given false accounts of banks, total, it appears that these imbeciles do not realize that, that no e mo should be paid to that, but still. I imagine that use software as Mailbomber, hackmail, etc ... I (removed racist remark) that is dedicated to that and make Africa look bad ... and the worst in most countries and there is no law to punish those unscrupulous individuals.

*******************************************************************************************************************

I have removed sections of this post due to offensive comments.
I am unsure as to your intentions regarding having scammers send money to you but those comments are bordering on being deleted also.
Having scammers send money to you is illegal and not something we endorse here - Ralph