You can't win a lottery you haven't entered! Please read here for information on lottery scams.
#2870 by j80r50m Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:18 pm
To Whom it May Concern;

Of Course these BOGUS MICROSFT LOTTERY PHISHING SCAMS don't really originate from "(http://www.microsoft.com)" BUT WHEN YOU ATTEMPT TO REPORT THEM AS SPAM TO THE ISP, IN THIS CASE MY ISP IS PEOPLEPC ONLINE, THE SPAMMERS ADDRESS IS NOT IDENTIFIED & OFFERED TO BE PLACED ON THE BLOCK SENDERS LIST , INSTEAD "(http://www.microsoft.com)" IS OFFERED WHO OF COURSE HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS CYBER-CRIME E-MAIL!

BELOW IS THE REVOLING ADDRESSES THAT ACTUALLY CREATED THIS BOGUS PHISHING MICROSOFT LOTTERY SCAM THAT I RECENTLY RECEIVED!

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
" " *.*"gmail.com.......etc,......etc,.....

E-MAIL LOTTERY BALLOT INTERNATIONAL - WORLD GAMING BOARD

From: E-MAIL LOTTERY BALLOT INTERNATIONAL / WORLD GAMING BOARD <... [Add to Address Book]
To: undisclosed-recipients@null, null@null
Subject:
Date: Mar 4, 2008 7:52 PM

Dear Lucky Winner,

REF. NO: GRP/326635/Q
BACTH NO: MCT/2709433637/2008/02

This is to inform you of the release of the E-MAIL LOTTERY BALLOT
INTERNATIONAL / WORLD GAMING BOARD held on the 4TH OF MARCH,2008.

You have therefore been approved for a lump sum payout of£1,000,000:00
Only (ONE MILLION GREAT BRITISH POUNDS ONLY) in cash which is deposited
with a Finance & Security Company in your favour as beneficiary and
covered with HIGH INSURANCE POLICY.

PAST WINNERS IN THE MICROSOFT EMAIL LOTTERY

To begin your lottery claim, please contact our agent below that has been
appointed for the processing of your claim with your contact telephone and
fax number.

MICROSOFT PAYMENT OFFICE
CITY/ COUNTRY: STANFORD BRIDGE, ENGLAND

Contact Person: MR. CAMPBELL ROBORT
Fudiciary Agent,
Phone number : +447045716216
: +447024039476
: +447024039687

Email: [email protected]

THIS SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY THE BENEFICIARY FROM STATED FORM FOR
VERIFICATION BEFORE TRANSFER.

FULL NAMES:................................
CONTACT ADDRESS:...........................
CITY/STATE:................................
NATIONALITY:...............................
SEX:..............AGE:............
MARITAL STATUS.............................
TEL NO:....................................
NEXT OF KIN:...............................
OCCUPATION..............................

Congratulations once more from our members of staff and thank you for
being part of our promotional program.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been on the phone concerning this issue with both Microsoft & PeoplePC Online & although I'm sure they have been aware of this for some time now I'm not sure that they really care nor if anything will really be done to correct this!
I would appreciate any advice concerning this matter!
Advertisement

#2871 by Scam Patroller Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:31 pm
Hi J80r50m,

Firstly, the email is a plain old lottery scam email, it's nothing to do with phishing.

All the scammers are interested in is getting you to pay certain fees before they can send you your non existant winnings, they might tell victims that certain taxes have to be paid before the winnings can be sent, the might want you to pay highly inflated courier fees to have your winnings sent to you, the money is in a fake securoty or bank and they often provide fake bank websites with login details to a fake account page in your name that shows your winning have been deposited there, you just need to pay a few thousand dollars before the money can be transferred to your accoun, then another fee, and another.

There really isn't much that ISP's or microsoft can do about these emails, in all probability, it was sent from West Africa, or by an African in the Netherlands, they operate out of internet cafes using fake names and mobile phones that are not registered, there is virtually no way of knowing who sent which scam email from which computer terminal in which cafe at any given time, they are just about as anonymous as you can get.

Remember, if it seems to good to be true, then it is.

http://www.419eater.com - http://www.aa419.org