You can't win a lottery you haven't entered! Please read here for information on lottery scams.
#3725 by sciboy Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:23 am
THE HALEN FOUNDATION.
Board Of Directors.
Note : Reply to this e-mail address:
[email protected]
Dear Beneficiary,
This is to inform you that you have been chosen By the
Board of trustees of the above
International charity organization as one of the final
recipients of a Cash Donation.
Based on the random selection exercise of internet
service providers (ISP)
and millions of Super market cash invoices worldwide, you
were selected among the lucky
recipients to receive the award sum of £950,000.00GBP
(Nine Hundred and Fifty Thousand
Great British Pounds Sterlings) as charity donations/aid
from the Association Of European
Charity Foundations and the UNO in accordance with the
enabling act of Parliament. Note
that your email was selected from either the internet,
or a Shop's cash invoice
around your area in which you might have purchased an
Item.
Fill out below information and contact the Payment
Remittance Office.
Full Name: Address:
Telephone: Fax Number:
Sex: Age:
Your Qualification number is: (A-121-637, G-01-06)
Executive Secretary,
Sir Tony Lawrence
Email: [email protected]

Note: All winner are adviced to call to confirm thier
winnings. Finally, all funds should
be claimed by their respective beneficiaries, not later
that 7 days after notification.
On behalf of the Board kindly accept our warmest
congratulations.
Note : Reply to this e-mail address:
[email protected]
Yours Sincerely,
Mrs. Rose Calvalini

CAN YOU TELL ME IF THIS IS A SCAM PLEASE
Advertisement

#3726 by Ralph Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:50 am
Hi and welcome, yes, it's a scam, I will see what I can dig up for you a little later with the details you have provided.

Unless somebody else beats me to it :wink:

Ok, now that I have a little more time I will show you some ways you can find information on scams from the email you recieve

Go back to that qualification number, A-121-637, G-01-06 if, and I do mean "if", the email was legitimate, that number would be unique, a google search on that number brings up This Result you will see that same number is used in a few different scams, most likely by the same scammer

Also, another puzzling thing is why would a charity organisation give away money at random to strangers.

Why would an english company write "pounds sterlings"

Why dont they know your name, instead they refer to you as beneficiary

How did they get your email address? from a reciept at a shopping centre :?

There will be many fees involved, in fact, the fees never stop and your winnings will never arrive.

Even when you do finally realise you have been scammed, the scammer will still have plans for you, you will recieve an email from somebody sometime later, claiming to be able to retrieve your money for you, by this stage, victims often have little if anything left, they have sold possessions, borrowed from friends or even the bank, then somebody comes along and tells you they can get your money back, wouldn't that be great, but unfortunately, it is the same scammer, seeing you as an easy mark they will easily convince many that the money will be returned after just a few fees, of course, no money is ever returned, just another vic, who's problems only get worse. :(

There are a range of ways that they gather email addresses so there is no way of knowing how they got yours but it may have been stolen from a website you joined, those annoying chain type emails with your address included or it may have been purchased along with numerous other email addresses from groups who make loads of money selling email addresses.

Scammers will send out these emails to many, many people hoping that some will respond and eventually pay

Take a look around while you are here, you will find many scam emails, some of which are virtually the same, some have a variation, the one common theme they all share is that they are designed to trick people into sending them money.

I am glad you posted the email here, it may well help others from falling victim to the scam.

Feel free to ask any other questions you have, the one thing we like our visitors to do is to go away and warn your family and friends about these scams, public awareness and education are our most valuable tools in slowing down the scammers

I have been going back and forth with a few new searches as time permits, here is a search result on The Halen Foundation click here

You can also pick out part of their script, an exact search on Click here "This is to inform you that you have been chosen By the"

Just for practice, try an exact google search on "Based on the random selection exercise of internet"

This one will show you the results of a search on "were selected among the lucky recipients to receive the award sum of £950,000.00GBP" wow, lots of people have won, with that many winners, by the time you get your share you will owe money, and sadly that is true Click Here

After what seems like 100 edits on my part :oops: you will see how big a problem this is and you now know a few ways to find out, show your friends, they may just come back and thank you one day :lol:

#3744 by sciboy Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:35 am
thank for that ralph

#3745 by Ralph Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:58 am
My Pleasure :wink: